Honored Contributor

@GinaV24   I'm not a shorts person and bermudas always need a hem, so thought skorts may be a compromise. I see a self tanning situation for legs, though.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks, Ladies. I thought the tighter shorts underneath would be an issue. I've seen some where shorts hung out under skirt...not a good look. Guess have to try on.

Sierra trading post 

or amazon Active shorts category 

thers hundreds 

@jackthebear   Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear them; I don't like the double layer factor.

Also, regarding Denim & Co., my guess is that the legs of the shorts would be very wide.  (They assume everyone has big thighs.)

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We have them and they seem to be popular, especially with golfers.

@ECBG   Do you work at Talbots or Dillards?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Depending on what I'm going to do in the yard, I will change around what I'm wearing. I tend to wear longer pants for mowing, etc. so that I don't run into the bugs or poison ivy. I don't wear shorts at all - capris or pedal pusher lengths but most of the time it is skorts.

I'm totally with you on the self-tanner! I was thinking that it is time for me to start doing that so I don't frighten anyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon hey just wanted to say that I have many skorts from Denim and Company and the shorts are not a wide fit. They fit close to the leg and don't extend out from below the skirt.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 Thank you for this info.  Glad to know this in the event I decide to go for a pair!

Super Contributor
Wonderful experience with skorts made by Lee from Walmart. Reasonable price and would be a way to try out. Believe you will actually need to do some walking in them to truly tell if they will work for you. Try on for size but do a test walk to see if they really are comfortable for you.
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Shanus Depending on what I'm going to do in the yard, I will change around what I'm wearing. I tend to wear longer pants for mowing, etc. so that I don't run into the bugs or poison ivy. I don't wear shorts at all - capris or pedal pusher lengths but most of the time it is skorts.

I'm totally with you on the self-tanner! I was thinking that it is time for me to start doing that so I don't frighten anyone!

@GinaV24   LOL. My legs are "blindingly" white. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@GinaV24   LOL. My legs are "blindingly" white. 

nothing wrong with that,