Contributor

SKORTS. Can someone explain them to me?

I just watched Susan Graver selling a skort, and this morning I watched a D&Co. show that included a printed skort/solid T set. I've seen several other skorts for sale on QVC lately, too. So they must be popular, although I have never seen anybody wearing one away from a QVC stage.

But I don't get them. A skirt -- or even just a front flap, not even a full skirt -- over a pair of shorts? Why not wear either a skirt or shorts; why wear two layers in the heat of summer, when you can get by with one? The skirt part of the skort is short, certainly, but it's certainly as long, if not longer, than mini-skirts typically were back in the day. And we didn't wear shorts under miniskirts.

So I'm just curious about where/when those of you who do purchase/wear them and how they compare to plain old shorts.

Honored Contributor

Re: SKORTS. Can someone explain them to me?

Our 2 year-old granddaughter wears them and they look cute.

For me, I see no point. But for some, maybe with the skirt-look in front they feel better than wearing a pair of shorts.

Valued Contributor

Did you ever get in and out of a car wearing a shorter skirt? Think about it...I have a low to the ground car. and I always am holding my skirts/shorter dresses down when I get in and out of the car (especially if you have longer legs). Especially when you are in crowded parking lot (7-11) where you are parked close to other cars...skorts are a lot easier!

Trusted Contributor

Well I wore them to school when I was 7 because girls couldn't wear shorts and it allowed me to swing on the swings and slide down the slide without showing my panties.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

Skorts are sporty, like tennis garb.

Honored Contributor

No, I have no explanation for this odd style garment. Sorry!

Super Contributor

I wear them all the time. Not the kind with the flap in front but that's a straight skirt with shorts underneath. Cool and comfortable. Can wear a short skirt without worrying about flashing. The shorts part are very lightweight. The skirt doesn't bunch and wrinkle like shorts do. So it gives you the look of a cute miniskirt but comfort of shorts.
Respected Contributor

This Susan Graver skort (A233098) is one of my favorite Q purchases. I like it because It is a regular length skirt - not too short like most skorts - with shorts underneath. I like the shorts part because I don't have to think about how I am sitting or moving when out and about. I wore it a lot on a trip last summer.

Valued Contributor

I love to wear skorts. I work at a school for special needs kids. I'm always moving and bending. Sometimes I need to be on the floor during different exercises with the kids. I feel super conscious in a regular skirt, but I need to be dressed professionally. Most of the skorts I have are a little more dressy than the ones on QVC. I wear nice blouses and sweaters to dress them up even more. I get that there not for everyone, but I personally love them. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Frequent Contributor

I wore mine today. Nice not to worry about anything showing. The one I have is skirt all the way around (back too) and a casual fabric in black. Like the look of a skirt but wouldn't wear one that short and narrow without the shorts under.