Super Contributor
I love the tanks, for me they are year-round pieces as I wear them under all my tops. I live in the south, so not so much for the summer as it is too hot to layer. In the fall and winter I like to wear them with leggings on the weekends, during the week under whatever top I happen to be wearing. I'm tall so unless I buy tops in tall sizes I need something to add length. I will say, I am one of those who has experienced the pilling despite following the care instructions.
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/5/2014 PalmTree11 said: I love the tanks, for me they are year-round pieces as I wear them under all my tops. I live in the south, so not so much for the summer as it is too hot to layer. In the fall and winter I like to wear them with leggings on the weekends, during the week under whatever top I happen to be wearing. I'm tall so unless I buy tops in tall sizes I need something to add length. I will say, I am one of those who has experienced the pilling despite following the care instructions.

It's great that you can use the camis year round. However, for those of us (70% of the country) who are moving into winter styles and fabrics, a cami does nothing. The purpose of a layering piece is to have a soft lining against ones's skin. A cami is useless under a longsleeve shetland wool turtleneck. Even for a softer fabric which doesn't irritate skin (like cashmere) I want my chest, torso, and arms lined -- if only to reduce the number of times a top has to be drycleaned. Locally for me the price to clean a cashmere sweater is $9 to $12. Being delicate, one can't skimp on regular cleaning of tops, which come into direct contact with our bodies, but wearing a full lining layer certainly helps.