Trusted Contributor

SIZING FOR GILI TWILL & FAUX LEATHER JKT A252187

This will be my first Gili jacket, do any of you know how her sizing runs? When I look at the size chart it seems small for my size. I'm wondering if I should size up one size. Any help would be appreciated.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIZING FOR GILI TWILL & FAUX LEATHER JKT A252187

On 2/21/2014 luvtoshopathome said: This will be my first Gili jacket, do any of you know how her sizing runs? When I look at the size chart it seems small for my size. I'm wondering if I should size up one size. Any help would be appreciated.
Anyone?????
Super Contributor

I don't have any GILI, but I've read in other threads that the sizing is very fitted. Most likely, it's similar to the sizing on the leather jackets, so if you read the reviews on those items, that should help. Good luck!
Trusted Contributor

This is such an unusual jacket. I hesitated because I wear a size 14 and thought maybe it would not look good on me. Sad to see it now gone but I would love to hear reviews from the larger ladies.
Honored Contributor

Your body is unique, only you know how you like your clothes to fit and feel. There's no help for that, just opinions. Mine is that Gili jackets are meant to be tight and short and sizing up will only give you a bad fit. If you're ambivalent about the fit/size of something, you shouldn't talk yourself into it.

Super Contributor

I would have ordered that jacket if it had been made w/a knit instead of twill. I think a knit fabric would be more forgiving in the fit & would stand up better. JMO

Super Contributor

I think they run small. I had ordered the ruched pleather jacket with the big collar last year and found it ran small. The arms were very fitted.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I did size up but it is on wait list. I may cancel because I love the TSV over on HSN, guilliana's faux leather jacket, the material she used looks very real and I have other clothing from her line and the workmanship is top notch. Thanks again.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I did size up but it is on wait list. I may cancel because I love the TSV over on HSN, guilliana's faux leather jacket, the material she used looks very real and I have other clothing from her line and the workmanship is top notch. Thanks again.
Contributor

i own several items and had to go up 1-2 sizes each time.... luvie