Honored Contributor

Re: SIZE: IN ALL FAIRNESS

[ Edited ]

That's true, but, they don't impress me. I know what they have to do to stay tiny and I don't want to eat carrots sticks and protein bars. Not saying you should let yourself go and be little lotta, but, try to achieve happy medium is my goal.

I remember reading where Jane Fonda said long time ago "sometimes I even allow myself a hamburger".   huh ? LOL  Jennifer Aniston said she eats powdered egg whites no yolks. No dairy, meat, sugar, salt.

Pass.

Breakfast

Protein shake OR
Avocado and eggs OR
Gluten-free cereal and a banana OR
Oatmeal and egg whites

Lunch and Dinner

Protein and vegetables
Salad with protein

Snacks

Apples and nuts or nut butter

Honored Contributor

C K is 5 2  I think Amy is 5 3,

as I am I would not call that tiny.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad it's that way.  I'm small too.  I think the majority of models now a very big.  I watched the Q the other day, I was surprised to see very new, very big models on.  Almost everything they showed, at leas 2 models were big. They've recently expanded clothes to 5X.  For the first time I've seeing 1X, 2X, & up models. etc.  So it makes sense.  But it leaves me out.  So I watch the host.  I'm their size, so that's what I want to see.  The majority of hosts are small. That's a fact.  For the first time traditional models are a minority.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

C K is 5 2  I think Amy is 5 3,

as I am I would not call that tiny.  

They're light in weight.  I'm 112 lbs and I think they are close to that or around 110 lbs. A couple of other hosts are taller, but very light in weight.

Respected Contributor

I don't get the "in all fairness" part of this post either.

I guess if you must complain about something, complain that the "average" heights of 5'4, 5'5 and 5'6 are underrepresented. 

There are petites and there are talls. Very little in between. 

Honored Contributor

I have read the OP's post more than 5 times and I still cannot understand the point of this thread.....

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

When Amy or Courtney K. are hosting fashion shows, they are quite petite...tiny. Most of the other models look “bigger” standing next to them.

@Shanus, I don't get what the "IN ALL FAIRNESS" means. Are you referencing another thread?

@suzyQ3  No thread in particular. Women here are judgmental about sizes of models, how clothing fits or not, etc. IMO, when hosts are “average size”, it’s easier to compare the fit on the models.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIZE: IN ALL FAIRNESS

[ Edited ]

@HB glamma wrote:
Why is it that small sized women always want to let everyone know their height, weight, their size. Is this fair to women who aren’t an xxs and struggle with their weight and body image?

IMO, the various heights, weights, and sizes are not distributed amongst the population based on "fairness" or merit.  Whatever height, weight, or size one is, is not "fair" or "unfair".  IMO, it's mostly genes, and to some degree environmental.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

When Amy or Courtney K. are hosting fashion shows, they are quite petite...tiny. Most of the other models look “bigger” standing next to them.

@Shanus, I don't get what the "IN ALL FAIRNESS" means. Are you referencing another thread?

@suzyQ3  No thread in particular. Women here are judgmental about sizes of models, how clothing fits or not, etc. IMO, when hosts are “average size”, it’s easier to compare the fit on the models.

@Shanus, first of all, I bet the definition of "average" varies greatly here and everywhere else. Second, even if there was agreement on what "average" is, the complaints would not stop because many of those who depend upon seeing the models for help in sizing want to see someone similar to themselves.

I seriously doubt that anyone is particularly confused by seeing differently sized women together. I'd say it's a non-issue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Watched Amy host QF with Angel. Angel was Talking about going out to eat with friends having pizza. Amy asked what kind and toppings Angel replied. Amy then said imagine I was going to have a protein bar and carrot sticks after the show.

Maybe its my own sensitivity, I’m an xl, but I felt it was snarky on Amy’s part.

Who seemed happiest with her plans?  Amy never seems happy to me.  She portrays a lot of stress.