Esteemed Contributor

Re: SILKY LINGERIE OR COMFY FLANNELS?

Neither silky lingerie or flannels for me.  Ever since my experience years ago with a fire at the tanning salon while I was dressed in nothing more than my birthday suit, I have an irrational fear of "what if?"

I cannot wear anything that can ride up to my waist or get twisted around my body and I just don't find flannel that comfortable.  And I love to get ready for bed early since we get up so early.  Depending on the weather I either wear a camisole or short/long-sleeve tee with yoga shorts or pants. If someone were to come to my door it doesn't look as if I am on the verge of jumping in bed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Flannel or micro fleece, walking around the house.  When in bed, I end up being too warm, so I end up wearing cotton boxer-type sleep shorts and a lightweight white Tee.  I bought a 'bonus' package of six or eight last year, so those very lightweight cotton Tees are very comfortable.   p.s.  I think I bought them in the Target Boys' Dept., XL or XXL.  Next time I'm upstairs, I'll post the brand. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I sleep in a flannel nightshirt. I see all the fancy nightgowns in VS, dept. stores & catalogues that come in the mail. I think I'd freeze in those. What do you prefer? 😴

I sleep in Hue pj's.  I usually get them at Macys.  I like the separates as I like small bottoms and large, comfy tops.  I don't wear flannel shirts anymore (to bed) as I'm burning up in them.  I do have a few flannel bottoms, and I"ll put a t shirt on top.

Hue has some super cute "separates" and I wear them year round!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eileen West cotton gowns year-round, long blousant sleeves in winter and short or sleeveless in summer.  Silk and cotton take on your body temperature so they are good fabrics for winter or  summer.

I do not like pajamas; they itch and any of the polyesters itch in bed.  Cannot bear itching. Cotton and silk do not itch.  The silk-looking and feeling polyesters are made from petro and make me itch in bed but not for daywear.  Not much real silk bedclothing in my budget range.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse   I'd love to wear my birthday suit to sleep but Inhate to iron & mine always wrinkled!!!  LOL. 🙃

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

LOL! Too funny! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Silky freezes me!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono. Those PJ's are now on sale for $29.00.  PErhaps another pair for you???

Trusted Contributor

I like different sets for different reasons...since I live in northeast Florida I don't have a need to have much flannel but I do have 1 set, i prefer pants verses gowns.
Honored Contributor

At home - commando.

When I travel, I now wear this cute set that I got from Costoc, it's a Nautica french terry top and capris that I wear with a genie bra.  I used to wear a sleep shirt.

After being awakened in the middle of the night for fire alarms twice, I decided to be fully dressed for evacuation going forward.  Now I just put on my Crocs, grab my purse and go.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN