Trusted Contributor

Re: SILKY LINGERIE OR COMFY FLANNELS?

I wear summer weight pj's that have capri bottom & a short sleeved top. If I sleep in anything else, I sweat too much.

Valued Contributor

My vote is definitely for comfy over silky, but it may not be flannel. The only matching jammies I have were gifts. The rest? ....t-shirt and any cotton, fleece, or flannel bottoms that I frequently find on sale racks. (I'm not Jewish, and I'm a dog person but if I had @lolakimono's cat Hanukkah pjs I would be one of those dorks out in public in my jammies....so everyone could see them!!)

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet Purrhaps!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Hi Shanus!  Have you ever shopped at the Vermont Country Store?

Their catalogues are a lot of fun to brouse through.  This Christmas

I purchased four Lanz of Salzburg nightgowns as gifts.  They are soft,

well made and beautiful.  I have received free shipping most of the time.

You can check them out online.  Customer service is excellent.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Eileen West cotton gowns year-round, long blousant sleeves in winter and short or sleeveless in summer.  Silk and cotton take on your body temperature so they are good fabrics for winter or  summer.

I do not like pajamas; they itch and any of the polyesters itch in bed.  Cannot bear itching. Cotton and silk do not itch.  The silk-looking and feeling polyesters are made from petro and make me itch in bed but not for daywear.  Not much real silk bedclothing in my budget range.

I am exactly the same and have quite a few of the Eileen West gowns. I am tall so I like the longer gowns. Like yourself, I cannot stand polyester to sleep in and I haven't worn PJ's since fourth grade. In the summer I also wear the all cotton T shirt gowns from Lands End.

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California  Thanks for suggestion. I used to have a flannel gown of that make & loved it...wore it until shredded. Forget how much I enjoyed it. Will check it out online.

Honored Contributor

I prefer pj sets with pants in cotton. I have short sets for warm weather, Capri sets for inbetween, and flannel sets for winter. I had a silky brushed back pant set from VS for many years. I do not like gowns of any kind. They always get twisted and tangled when I sleep.