Esteemed Contributor

Re: SILKY LINGERIE OR COMFY FLANNELS?

[ Edited ]

In winter, nothing but flannel pajamas, thick socks, and an oversized chenille robe.  Yah baby! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I like soft knit loungewear.  I don't sleep with them on though. 

I love the nighties from Soma.  They're soft, cool, and don't bind or get twisted up when I sleep.  I don't like any kind of sleeve on my arm when I sleep.  It has to be either a little strap or a tank style nightie. 

I could never sleep with pants on or socks. 

Honored Contributor

I never sleep with anything at all on except maybe a light tank top.  But I love to put on some cozy jammies in the winter when I get out of the shower in the evening, before going to bed.  Unless it's summer and then I will wear a lightweight long t-shirt or, if it's a special occasion Smiley Happy a pretty silky short gown.

The jammies that lola posted are so cute!!!

Respected Contributor

My birthday suit. I can't sleep wearing any clothing because it just ends up getting twisted up and constricting. I just adjust the number of bed covers to the ambient temperature. 

Honored Contributor

It only took one time but I went to bed wearing a pair of Rhonda shears pin-up panties and almost lost a leg! LOL
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

"I could never sleep with pants on or socks."

I cannot stand to sleep w socks on even when it's cold as all get out.

My DH keeps the house very chilly 365 days of the year. And by chilly I mean below 65 degrees .. at night he has it down to below 60 in fall/winter. So when I say my house is cold ... it's really cold. But I just layer my side of the bed w/ extra blankets and have an electric throw I use to warm up the sheets.

My sleeping attire is not the least bit cute like @lolakimono pj photos. I'm boring ...yoga pants and a close fitting cotton tee to sleep in.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

In the winter I wear satiny brush back pj's.  The brush back gives the right amount of warmth and the satin allows me to roll over without getting tangled up.  I also have several robes made of the same fabric. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lola the grey gown is really cute. Heading to that store this week, will take a peek.

Honored Contributor

i dont like silky lingerie for sleeping......it gets all twisted up and is slippery.

i dont like flannels either.....too hot for me.

i prefer a rayon/span blend pajama from soma......lightweight and comfortable.....and it HAS to be sleeveless (i prefer tanks or camisoles on top). i also like a comfortable cotton/span leggings and tanks/camisoles..

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

it does change with the seasons.  tees and nightgowns for the summer.  it's too warm here to wear flannel, but i go with long sleeve pajamas in winter.

one exception... in the winter when i'm sick.  then i want flannel.