Esteemed Contributor

SHSHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd)

Good Morning/Afternoon!   Another dry and hot day here in southern Arizona with a high of 95 degrees predicted.  They are predicting 100 degree highs for next Monday and Tuesday with no rain.  At least it is okay on my early morning walks.

I believe Jean is subbing today, and I hope that goes well.  I like your new tablecloth and wreath, Bernie.  I enjoy decorating for the Fall, but I think I will hold out a bit longer given our summery weather.

Sorry your area is having an uptick with the virus, Glenda.  Ours is as well, unfortunately.  But, at least we are well down on the list compared to other States rather than being #1.  

The roofing estimator was late, but gave me some good news regarding to what needs to be done -- replace one of the skylight domes and repair of a part of the roof, but it does not need re-coating.  The other company is coming tomorrow, and I don't know how much those repairs will cost.  But, I can't imagine they would be as expensive as re-coating the roof.

I also had a very nice talk with Bev yesterday afternoon.  She is realistic, but accepting of her diagnosis.  And, she is looking forward to enjoying the time she has left.  She is also extremely grateful for all the prayers, calls, etc., she has received.  Thanks to all of you who have been praying for her.

Much to my surprise, I received a message that I am in the OLLI yoga class.  I was on waitlist and have made other plans for some days when we will have class, but I think I will only need to miss one class. I missed the first class last week.  Not at all sure how a Zoom yoga class will go, but I'll try.  If it does not work for me, I will give my spot in the class to another waitlist person.

The "plant based diet" class yesterday was most interesting.  She emphasized the importance of fiber.  After class, I discovered that the bread I have been buying (whole wheat, low fat, sugar, etc.) doesn't have much fiber in it -- 2 grams .  I have been doing some google searches, and I don't think that such high fiber low fat and sugar breads are readily available.  I know that whole grains would be a better choice, but I do love bread.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance and let us know how/what you are doing.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHSHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but in the low 80's with the cooling off for the evening. I actually wore the glue off the post-it note on the thermostat that tells me which setting is currently running. LOL I have a seperate Hepa system and that switch is in the garage (long install story) so I have to remember to turn that off when the air is off. The humidity has been really high all these weeks of the temp flip so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the swelling of my foot. That's my guess.

LindaLatte--I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Bev.I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

It sounds like you might catch a break on your roofing repairs. Nice surprises that save $ are so welcomed.

Our area has remained fairly strict with the virus guidelines even with our cases and deaths being low. I was happy to see the cart cleaner when I was at the market on Monday. I have my fingers crossed that our hair salon will return to normal before winter. I'm done with being a brunette and want my blonde back in to hide all the grey. I'm allergic to the N95 masks that I wear so I need to be able to be in the salon without having to wear a mask. Maybe Santa will bring me blonde hair for Christmas.LOL

This has not been one of my most productive weeks so far. I did loads of laundry, some grocery shopping, bills and just vacuumed the first level. I think the lower level will be on tomorrow's list. I still have a few birthday gifts to purchase and everything needs wrapped. Nothing exciting. So far, I haven't purchased anything for holiday decorating but I always have my eye on another tree. It's a good thing I'm behind  decluttering that storage room. I think that's my best method not to press "order". 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   If they sell it in your part of the country I can recommend Brownberry Health Nut Bread.

Brownberry Health Nut Bread Package Image

My local Meijer's was carrying Dave's Killer Bread and I was enjoying the heck out of it until I couldn't find it.

21 Whole Grains and Seeds White Large 2019_0723a.jpg

Click to enlarge

Both breads taste great with sandwiches and as toast.  I've never tried either as french toast.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Bernie.  My OLLI teacher suggested the Dave's Killer bread you found.  I have purchased it in the past, but not lately.  I will look for it tomorrow along with the other you mentioned.  I have been concentrating on other ingredients (like fat, sugar, and sodium) and forgot all about the fiber.  Oh well.....

The yoga class went pretty well, but I found that I need to have a chair available for part of it.  Also found that my body is out-of-shape as far as yoga goes.  Glad I am able to take the class.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I have been looking at some chair yoga things that are supposed to be good but my exercize will likely just be looking. I want to see what is free on You Tube first.

Bernie--Thank you for the recommendations of bread. I have yet to see any birds but I could swear that the bird food appears to be disappearing. I guess they aren't going to announce their presence nor should they.

I did sub today and was tired when I came home. I rested and then had dinner before getting packed for the trip and inflating the tires as they were down a couple of pounds. I leave out of here around 7am tomorrow or Thursday and will be back Monday evening. I'll actually be back in the area on Sunday night but since I have an ortho appointment in the city early on Monday morning, I am just going to stay there to avoid an extra 120 miles. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.