New Contributor

SHOW HOSTS GIVING INFO ON CLOTHES

WHEN I`M WATCHING  MOST SHOW HOSTS NEVER GIVE THE IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT THE CLOTHES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.  THE CONTENT OF THE FABRICS FOR I USUALLY ONLY WANT COTTON RICH FASHIONS.  WHEN OFFERING THE THREE LENGHTS FOR PANTS THEY SHOULD ANNOUNCE THE LENTHS IN INCHES.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOW HOSTS GIVING INFO ON CLOTHES

Some hosts are very good at mentioning the details of the clothing they are selling.....others not so much....often i have to get on the computer just to find out measurements.........

Respected Contributor

I know! As other poster said, some are thorough, but sometimes also inconsistent about it, others are just bad all the time. The bad ones are too busy (and this is sometimes vendors too), painting "images" of what we will be doing in the clothing, blah blah, appealing to our imagination and emotion, which I'm sure they're trained to do, and as anyone in sales knows...what sales people are taught sells....people buy on emotion, sparking desire or need based on these scenarios the hosts "paint."

So to some degree, it must be working after all the millions Q has sold. That said...after I'm done with my "imaginative journey" the host takes me on...if I can't tell if the jeans are going to fit, if I can't find the proper info online, I'm not buyin'...no how.

Philosophy fragrance presentations drive me nuts. Even online. I go to read and TRY to get an idea what a fragrance I'm purchasing online might actually smell like....PLEASE don't tell me it's "like a summer hideaway after a thunderstorm on the beach eating fresh peaches" or the like.....tell me the notes, describe the fragrance. Sometimes they do, other times, NO WHERE in the text "description" online is anything but "images" that tell me nothing.  Again....no purchase from me. And after too much time trying to DIG out important info...I'm just annoyed and don't want to buy from Q.

So yes....I agree with you @ET PHONE HOME! 💯

Respected Contributor

In the past the hosts would mention the length of a garment according to size.  They would also mention the "fabrication" of the garment and the washing instructions.  I miss those days.  The lack of this information has kept me from buying clothing during presentations.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb 

people buy on emotion, sparking desire or need based on these scenarios the hosts "paint."

This doesn't work on me.  I have to like it.  A LOT.  It has to say: I gotta have it Woman LOL.  Nothing someone else says makes me buy an item of clothing.  Maybe other things; like household gadgets but not clothing.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I've complained many times that they never give washing instructions or if an item needs to be ironed, dry-cleaned, etc.   Jayne Brown was the only host who used to talk about that, and now she doesn't.  I need to know how to maintain an item after I get it home.  

I stopped ordering clothes from QVC a long time ago.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So...on this topic...today I tuned into the Candace Cameron Bure' show from last night that Shawn had hosted and I missed, on Facebook...I was interested in a few items including that maxi, tiered dress. I had to laugh...I thought of this thread..

In the course of the presentation (I may get some of the "facts" wrong but you'll get the point) here's what I learned:

Shawn was "getting a Montecito vibe"

Shawn's grandmother lived in CA

They visited the El Coronado

She could picture wearing this dress, I guess in this setting? ok.

Candace lives with a beautiful view of the water and mountains in a lovely area of CA

What I didn't find out, was what I wanted to know: 

Was Shawn holding the regular length up to herself so I could see where that would hit, since petites were not left in my size. 

Where the petite one came to on Candace who is 5'3"

But....at least I know what "vibe" the dress gives.

I probably won't be buying it. I think it's a bit high priced after all too.

Oh ps. Shawn LOVES the "John Wayne" airport.

Good to know.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no reason to watch if they don't give you the pertinent information. I tune in once in awhile and then turn off.  It is too silly for my taste. I don't buy my clothing from the Q because there are too many other choices.

I went to JJill yesterday and was able to try on clothing in the dressing room. It was such a pleasure. They have a nice petite section.