Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOULD I RETURN OR NOT??

Just check the box defective on the return form and explain why they are defective. You don’t need to call customer service.

Respected Contributor

It will cost $14 to return, right?  But it would cost a lot more to keep them.  Why in the world would you pay for something you'll never wear?

Either way, you're out some money, but you'll lose less $$ by returning than by keeping something that's of no use to you. 

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@pdlinda   I understand your pain (send back (cost) or keep.

But I will tell you this.  I used to just keep the stuff.  However, since everything I buy is on easy pay, I started sending it back (even though it's often ''A WASH" money-wise.

But look at it this way.  If you bought it on easy pay at least it will no longer be coming out of your pocket every month and you won't have to try to find someone who'll take the things.

That's my problem.  I have so many clothes I never wear anymore it's stupid, just stupid.  But none of my friends are as fat as me, so they can't wear them.

I fell for that same thing (the wide pants).  I look like the clown in the circus.  I wear a size XL-1X.  You can imagine how freaking big these pants look.

Jacque (the model) is often wearing the Isaac wide leg pants that have designs in them.  She's wonderful and I've always thought Jacque was amazing, but even on her those pants look strange.  When she stands and puts her legs together (because of the border that goes around and down) they look really strange on her.

She had the pants on today on the early morning show.  I keep thinking....'at least I didn't buy those'....

My guess is they've (the designers/whomever) have run out of variations and are now doing these big leg things.

If you could see how terrible I run around the inside of my house looking, you'd think I'd have just fallen out of the dumpster...(really, it's that bad).  But even I wouldn't walk around the house wearing those things.

Now before people start telling me they look good in them I'll say, "I'll take your word for it".  I just know what I look like in them and it's not a pretty sight.

So, finally, if I were you, I'd do what I TRY to do.  Eat the money and send the things back.  Then make a mental note that you don't like them.

My memory is so bad I just about have to write on my forehead these days.  But when it comes to those big leg pants I don't have any trouble remembering how terrible they looked (on me).

On @SeaMaiden 's advice, I just called CS and explained the situation.  The rep immediately told me to check "DEFECTIVE" and I won't be charged any shipping (of course, no refund on my original $6+ but, hey, I'm not a glutton so I'll accept that penalty.  

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY ONE who experienced the "clown" effect from these pants and think it's pretty ridiculous that QVC quality control people didn't pick up this obvious defect before the item was offered  

I'm sure you and I are not the only ones who couldn't wear these pants!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

On @SeaMaiden 's advice, I just called CS and explained the situation.  The rep immediately told me to check "DEFECTIVE" and I won't be charged any shipping (of course, no refund on my original $6+ but, hey, I'm not a glutton so I'll accept that penalty.  

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY ONE who experienced the "clown" effect from these pants and think it's pretty ridiculous that QVC quality control people didn't pick up this obvious defect before the item was offered  

I'm sure you and I are not the only ones who couldn't wear these pants!!

@pdlinda   If they are defective you are refunded original shipping, too.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

You will be refunded both costs of shipping. The cost of being sent to you and the cost going back. You will be charged no shipping at all on a defective item. I have had to send back defective items and always have gotten a full refund.

Respected Contributor

you didn’t state they were defective when you received them.  Pay the freight if you didn’t like them.  I wouldn’t lie to any company just to get free shipping and then living with myself.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

You will be refunded both costs of shipping. The cost of being sent to you and the cost going back. You will be charged no shipping at all on a defective item. I have had to send back defective items and always have gotten a full refund.

Again, I'm so glad I posted as I didn't know that!!
Honored Contributor

You can't wear them so return them.  It doesn't matter what you have to pay to return them.  They are useless to you.  You learned a lesson, don't play around with sizing. Buy the size you really wear.   I don't even understand why you would size up with wide comfy pants like that but you did.  Return them.   

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

you didn’t state they were defective when you received them.  Pay the freight if you didn’t like them.  I wouldn’t lie to any company just to get free shipping and then living with myself.  

@Blingqueen023, she said "after laundering (before wearing) they came out of dryer wrinkled and worn looking (like the fabric didn't "bounce back")."

That means that she considers them defective after she laundered them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Blingqueen023, she said "after laundering (before wearing) they came out of dryer wrinkled and worn looking (like the fabric didn't "bounce back")."

That means that she considers them defective after she laundered them.

I thought that was OBVIOUS!!  The insinuation that I'm trying to "get away with something" is insulting and unnecessary.  Let's just leave it at that...