Frequent Contributor

SHORTER TOPS FOR CURVY HIGH WAISTED GALS, PLEASE MARKET THIS GROUP!

High waisted gals need shorter tops especially if they are hippy and curvy..longer tops and tunics just grab and accentuate the tummy and butt especially if persons are 5ft 4in. and under....they look out of proportion....

Respected Contributor

Re: SHORTER TOPS FOR CURVY HIGH WAISTED GALS, PLEASE MARKET THIS GROUP!

I have requested shorter tops before, for any shorter waisted women. 

Too many tunics! QVC works a trend ad nauseam. Enough!

Honored Contributor

I am short and curvy and think shorter tops make me look shorter and chunkier

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am petite & curvy.I love tunics.They make me look long & lean.I don't buy shorter tops anymore.

Honored Contributor

I am not a "petite" height, but since longer tops became fashionable, l often need to buy petite sizes in tops. Problem is... in long-sleeved styles, sometimes the sleeves are too short.  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of legging and tunics as I have said in previous posts - makes legs too short and torsos too long and hides nothing.  I don't like really short tops, but more normal length tops would be good 26 or 27 inches.  I have been noticing in the catalogs I have been receiving lately, far more tops of regular length and less tunics being shown.  Maybe the trend will be reversing as all fashion trends do.  After all, manufacturiers, designers, etc. have to keep coming up with different trends to sell more clothes.  I am liking the trend of longer cardigan sweaters.  Have bought 6 this year of approximately 30 - 32 inches.  It could be an idea to serve both those who do and those who do not like tunics, to offer more of them in petite length then we could have the best of both worlds.  Petite tunics would become short tops for average height women and more petite women could purchase a tunic if that is their fashion choice.

Respected Contributor

I am not petite/short (5'7") but I do have several outfits that work best with a shorter top.  One nice option I found here at the Q is a tee that can be dressed up from the Halston essentials collection: A289364.  I have it in the gray.  It is a 'go to' when I need something shorter.

Frequent Contributor

If you are high waisted and hippy they grab your hips, if you order up a size they fall of your shoulders... Be sure to check out your rear view... Notice that non of the petite models are hippy.