Esteemed Contributor

SHOPOHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 11/12)

Hi Everyone!

It's finally cool here and not raining. YIPPEE!  It looks like we are forecasted to have more of the same for many days. This weekend I may put the Christmas decorations up in the back yard) The hubby doesn't like to be out there with tools if it's freezing. I better decide soon what's coming out of the shed and/or garage  and have a plan. 

Later this afternoon I plan on grocery shopping. My migraine was awful today so I need that to settle a bit before I venture outside. I think I'll do the baking on another day. 

Yesterday I scrubbed three bathrooms and reorganized under the kitchen sink. I had zero energy to cook dinner so we had leftovers. Tomorrow I will probably do the banking and maybe some dusting. I need a floor plan on where the slim tree is going in the family room and still have room for the dogs, tv viewing, electrical outlets and the card table for the turkety deep fryer in the kitchenette. Having that patio door open while deep frying is a big bonus with the fryer going. 

I only saw a bit of the Holiday gift shows this morning. I haven't seen too much to tempt me for starting the Christmas shopping. There doesn't seem to be "new" items or maybe it's just me.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPOHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 11/12)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread.  You certainly are a bundle of energy, accomplishing much. I have heard of many people putting the Christmas decorations up early while the weather is good. It is hard to get excited about Christmas buying when it begins in July; it can get old by the time people normally buy for Christmas.

I subbed today with only 3 hours of sleep. I hadn't planned to sub but a last minute call said they really needed me. The teacher was called away on a family issue but he was going to use Zoom to have a meeting with the students at the beginning of class, but I was needed to watch the students. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th and I will sub again but with the 5th grade. These students are so good, so I am looking forward to working with them again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you are enjoying your weather.  We are having cooler but sunny day here.  I can not complain, I do love this weather, every nice day is one less day of snow and cold weather.  You were very busy, no wonder you had zero energy for supper.  I don't think you will see much new, because of the virus I don't think manufacturing is up 100% and deliveries are slower and tougher to get.  I noticed in the stores they have been saying they don't get everything they order.  This will be an interest holiday.  

Jean - Sorry you did not get much sleep, hope subbing for you tomorrow goes well.  I did not realize that tomorrow is Friday the 13th, just what we needed.  Try to get to bed early tonight and get a better nights sleep.

I have been trying to get my Christmas shopping done, I have to organize what I have bought and do the fill ins.  I need to start supper, have a good evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

My ma was born on a Friday the 13th, it's a good day @PAlady   Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  As the others said, you have been a bundle of energy.  Sorry about the migraine.

Also sorry you didn't get much sleep last night, Jean.  Hope subbing goes well tomorrow.  It happens to be my oldest DGS' birthday (he was not born on a Friday, but....), so it will be a good day for me.  

Hi Susan -- glad your weather is pretty good, and hope your dinner was nice.

My Mom was also born on the 13th of the month (January), Bernie.  But, I don't think it was a Friday.  She always thought 13 was a lucky number, and that is what I think as well.

It was very chilly this morning, so I delayed my walk a bit until it was slightly warmer.  Later, it made it up to the low 70's.  They are saying next week we may have record or near record high temperatures again -- upper 80's at least a couple of days.  Looks like the blanket will be coming off my bed again.

I had a nice visit with Bev yesterday, and her spirits are pretty good all things considered.  She has gone under hospice since she isn't having any more cancer treatments.  I brought her a little angel that I got at the local nursery/gift shop that sells things from "fair trade" sources like indigenous people.  Bev loved the angel, which made me happy.

I went grocery shopping this morning, and did hospice supply deliveries this afternoon.  I was a little upset to find that one of the patients had just died.  Of course, that is the point of hospice, but I could hear a lady crying out.  God bless him.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight, and Friday the 13th is a good day this year.

Hugs,

Linda