Esteemed Contributor

SHOPOHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday, 11/28)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool today and more in the forecast. YIPPEE!!!  I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving and treated themselves.

Yesterday I brought the pumpkins and Fall items in from the porch and set up the Santa and trees that were in the plastic tub that I had placed there days ago. Surprise to me but the battery lights were broken so I had to restring the tree lights. Somehow the wires were really tangled on the trees so I had to cut them out with my Kuhn Rikon shears. Santa needed a "bath" because his white was a dingy yellow and he had a dirty face. (too much time in the shed ) What I thought was going to take one hour took most of the afternoon. On the upside....it looks like the timers worked. For some reason I seem to have an "issue" with outdoor timers and getting them to work on the first try. 

Today's schedule is to pack up all the Fall and pumpkins from inside the house. That may be it for today unless I try to finish the outside decorations. It will depend on my energy level.

I did catch some of AM Style today but did not order. I seem to have a weakness for hooded tunics and outdoor vests. I'm trying to recognize what my clothes weaknesses are so I don't order any more. I have plenty to wear and have started to donate or discard the items that I don't. It does seem like I reach for the same things all the time.

We had deer checking out the outdoor camera.  Interesting that they would be curious about that strapped to the post. There's still plenty of green for them to eat and the birdbaths have water for them. We did have two bucks running around yesterday. I took that as a sign that the construction is completed or halted for the winter near the water tower and park. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPOHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday, 11/28)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. I also had started it with a complete title when I hit "submit" to post, but for some reason, the title didn't post. This is what I posted:

My Black Friday weekend purchase has been the Vera Bradley masks shown this morning. I wear glasses plus hearing aids, so that space behind the ears is a wee bit crowded and sometimes the elastic on the masks moves and pulls the hearing aid off. Now, to see how well this style works.

I received my Vionic house slippers that are Black Friday priced now..They are great. A388269.  I got the Cheetah which is sold out in many sizes as are some other colors. I also got the battery organizer box.

I took the lab work that I had to do at home back to the lab this morning, and have begun putting donations into the car. I haven't decided if I will take them this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon, but I am leaning toward tomorrow. I need to get them there before the projected snow for mid-week arrives. I need to get the car back into the garage where I have been putting some things.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely! If you venture out, do so safely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Wilma7500 posted this in reply to my post:

@KonaKat 

Hope the VB masks work for you. Enjoy your Vioinc slippers. 

I ordered new pj tops & bottoms for DH from Macy’s BF sale which started last week. Already received and being worn. Still waiting for 2 sweaters for myself from Kohl’s to arrive. 

No plans to go out shopping. 

I’m in the Ohio Valley region & we have an inch of snow in our forecast for Monday. 

@wilma Enjoy your purchases. I am also in the Ohio Valley area and hope the weather forecast is wrong. Today's weather is my idea of Winter. Please consider posting again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--It is good that you are recognizing the triggers that motivate you to buy. Hooded tunics were never a trigger for me but jackets are. 

I decided to go to the city tomorrow. Since it is a hot bed of Covid activity right now, I won't be shopping. I will drop off the donations and then on the way home go through the drivc thru for dinner. I am tired of what I have been eating.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started Fressa and Jean.  I am about 3/4 finished with my Christmas decorating.  Trying to take it slow and easy rather than stress out.  I am also looking for items to donate.

Sounds like you are making a lot of progress with your decorating, Fressa.  Glad your weather is pleasing to you.  It was cold (in my opinion) this morning (low 30's), so I delayed my walk, and it was very nice. They are predicting a high in the upper 60's.  

Good idea to keep your shopping "triggers" in mind.  I try to do the same.  I certainly have enough of everything in terms of clothes and shoes.

I will need to look at those "face coverings", Jean since I also wear glasses and hearing aids.  Glad you are enjoying your new slippers, and I hope your trip tomorrow goes well.  Hope you don't get the predicted snow, or at least it isn't a problem for you.

I am trying out a new recipe for vegan lentil soup today.  I borrowed a cookbook from the library that seems to have fairly easy recipes.  Some of the vegan recipes I have found require all sorts of exotic (to me) ingredients that I need to purchase despite having lots of food and herbs on hand.

My laundry is going, and I will do my weekly financial review later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It was milder (for this time of year in Michigan) and the sun was brilliant all day.  I can see the moon is nearly full outside my picture window.  We're expecting a rain/snow mix on Monday and snow on Tuesday.  How much we'll get remains to be seen.  It's gonna be mostly sunny and 51 degrees tomorrow so at least the wildlife will enjoy another day of pretty weather.

I've been holding up fairly well as it relates to the black friday sales that are bombarding my inbox.  There is a bracelet at Ross-Simons that interests me.  Right now it's 30% off with free S/H.  It's an adjustable bolo bracelet.

On the one hand it will surely accommodate my small wrist.  On the other I don't know if the dangly ends will get on my nerves.  Anyone have one of these kinds of bracelets?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise