Honored Contributor

SHOPOHOLICS ODAT EASTER SUNDAY 3/27/16

Happy-Easter.jpg

Good morning, not much to report, will be going to daughters later on,  just wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter. Hope all are well. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPOHOLICS ODAT EASTER SUNDAY 3/27/16

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread and providing the lovely Easter greeting. You and Susan posted at almost the same time, so I looked at the time stamp of each original post to determine which one would be the one for posting.

Susan said:

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Easter to all, I hope you have a wonderful day.   We are supposed to get into the 70's today and the sun is just shining.

Bernie -  Your Easter card was very nice.

We brought the dog home yesterday, so we and the dog are very happy.  She is not 100%, but we are working on it.  We are having trouble getting her to eat, she is taking a bunch of meds and really needs food in her stomach.  That will be the challenge for today, they sent her home with some low fat food -  even I have to admit it looks yucky.  Wish us luck in getting her to eat it.

I just want to stop in and wish everyone a Happy Easter.  Have a good day everyone.

I have spent the morning doing my taxes as I received a streak of motivation. I do like the TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate. I am not tech savvy enough to post one of those beautifuli cards. 

I have been been battling pneumonia , made more difficult by my compromised immune system. I am finally feeling better. 

I read the the thread daily and know your joys and concerns. ((((Hugs))) to Ll.😍💐💐

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1

Good grief, I am so sorry that you are battling pneumonia.  I hope you feel better soon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--So sorry that your Easter is being spent by fighting pneumonia. That is bad at any time but to have it happen during a special holiday makes it even worse. Feel better soon!

After spending 3 hours thinking about it, I bought the TSV in the black abstract. I don't remember when I last wore a dress and what I have is too big as it was worn when I was bigger. I guess this will be a "just in case" dress.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

It's always nice to have a dress in your closet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Jean, if I were still working I would have ordered that dress in the blue polka dot. My lifestyle is very casual and I have enough maxi dresses to cover any needs like that. Good purchase on your part.

thanks to you and Bernie for your thoughts.😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Easter!  Lovely start to our thread, snicks.  I do wish you luck with your dog, Susan.  Hope you will be 100% recovered soon, Barbara.

I think that dress is nice in the print you ordered, Jean.  If I needed another dress, I would have probably ordered that one or the one Barbara mentioned.  I'm trying not to buy items that will be seldom used, so I am not planning to order.  Not sure if I'll hold out all day, but....  I have a SG dress in a black and white print from a few years back, and it is still perfect.

Waves to Bernie, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, pinky ann (thinking of you), spix, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Church was packed today, and I thought the parking lot would be a zoo.  So, I parked near the swimming pool down the street.  That worked well, and I have a head start on my walking.  LOL  DH slept pretty well last night, and he said he liked the hot cross buns.  

I plan to leave for the gym soon.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

It's a gloomy, rainy day, which is OK with me - I have no plans to go anywhere. A friend invited me over, but I don't want to drive until I have the car looked at to see why the "check oil" light comes on from time to time when I stop. It's going to be a lazy day - I'm reading a new Kathy Herman book, and they're hard to put down, and of course I have to spend time with my new addiction - coloring.  Cat Happy  I didn't get around to making cupcakes...maybe later.

I got my homework assignment done last night, and just before I submitted it saw that there were another two pages of instructions and it was supposed to be turned in by midnight on Saturday - the deadline for every one of my other classes has been on Sunday, except for the last week of classes when it's on Friday. Well, I hurriedly made my changes and got it in just a few minutes after midnight.

I like the lines of the TSV dress, but none of the prints really wowed me; the bright swirl would be OK for a younger woman, and the floral isn't bad, but I look awful in black...not that I need any dresses  For those who purchased it, enjoy.

My cousin (the one who is caretaker for her mom) did get new Easter outfits for her children:

Praying you feel better soon, Barbara. Praying for twinny and pinky as well...and always LindaL.

I guess I'll get back to my reading; that doggone woman - her books are really hard to put down, as she tells a good story.

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Valued Contributor

Happy Easter Everyone! Thanks for starting, snicks, with such a pretty Easter greeting.

I was able to see DH today, and we'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks for all of the prayers everyone's said for him. It's been confirmed that he has no heart problems, this news from the head of cardiology, and a year long issue with anemia has also been resolved.      DH's system took a huge hit from the pnumonia, and the doctors have decided that after testing him, that he will be going home with oxygen. We don't know yet how many hours a day he'll need to be on it. Even if it's around the clock, I'm just so grateful that he's coming home soon. Maybe mid week? It depends on how long it takes to have the oxygen set up at the house and be  ready for him to use when he arrives home.

DS and I drove to see him together, and it was so, so nice for me to have someone else driving. I don't put many miles on as a rule, as I stay pretty close to home, but I've racked up several hundred back and forth to the hospital every day. My sister and future BIL also came to visit, so we just had a  bit of a different celebration this year. I made DH chocolate chip cookies to take to him, as he was almost out, and he's been having cookies or S/f candy as a snack at night, or anytime. It was a nice cheerful visit, and I think it did alot for DH's spirits to have everyone there.

Bernie, The card actually brought tears to my eyes. It's the lost sheep that does it to me in any format. I almost lost it in a store one time when I saw a similar scene on a throw. Thank you so much for posting it for us.

Arlene, The picture you did is so beautiful! I have just one small coloring book, but I can't use it for long. My fingers hurt and start to go numb, likely from the arthritis in them. I have a good set of colored pencils and an inexpensive one. I use both when I try to do a picture, and it's nice that the sets differ in the intensity of the color so they each provide a different look.

Susan, I'm glad your Katie is home, and hope the new food will be only a short term issue for her.

Jean, LindaL, Barbara, Gayle, Marijane, LindaL, and anyone I didn't get to write to individually, I hope you're having a good Easter with many blessings and much peace. I hope Jean and anyone else who bought the dress today loves it and wears it in good health.

It's been awhile since I've worn a skirt or dress, as it's a very casual rural area where we live. However, i do plan to go back to wearing them at least a few times a month as I really love them, and there are such pretty styles available now. I'm wishing everyone a good evening now as I'm  really happy, but very tired. pinky