Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICSweek of September 29

We just returned from a lovely time on the plaza in Santa Fe and a nice lunch. We sat next to a very interesting man who was Navajo. He shared a lot of history of the area and his own very interesting life. I always enjoy talking to locals.

We are going to go to Phoenix tomorrow. I am ready to move on.

Linda I am sure you are getting ready for your big adventure. As I said, enjoy.

Claudia hope the shoulder is feeling better.

🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICSweek of September 29

Forgot to tell you about Sydnies first homecoming experience she wanted to bring a book to study in case she got bored..m said no...then she wanted to bring a book to read..lol.

apparently there were several fights , so lots of police called. She kept texting m and finally said she wanted to be picked up. Yikes is all I can say. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like an interesting time,Barbara. Safe travels tomorrow. Yikes re: Sydnie's homecoming experience. Times have changed for sure.

I find doing things left-handed difficult. Constantly frustrated with auto correct. R helped get the garbage out and transferred Tully's tag into a larger collar. 10 months old today.

Hope your day has gone well, Linda.

Respected Contributor

Aargh. Just look at the incorrect thread title..the internet here is very slow an apparently is was not online when I typed Reformed.🤬🤬

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you had a good time on the Plaza, Barbara.  Hope your trip to Phoenix goes well.  I'm there tonight, but leave early tomorrow.  The drive up went okay -- not crazy about the driver (shared lots of opinions, etc.), but he got me here -- door to door, which was nice.  

That was some experience for Syd -- not good.  Things have definitely changed.  I know DGD didn't enjoy the prom at all.  

Sorry you have to use your left hand, Claudia.  Hopefully, you will be back to normal soon.

I had a moment of panic when I got to the hotel -- thought my passport was missing.  Thank goodness it was tucked into a safe place in my purse -- just too many pockets.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Have a wonderful time, Linda. Glad the passport was locatec. Organization is great if you can remember which pocket items are in.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope you're in Phoenix and able to take it easy.

Linda, I hope you had a good flight and are enjoying your tour.

Had my follow-up appointment today. Pt is being ordered and an MRI to make sure there's no problem with the rotator cuff. I understand it's much easier if they see a possible problem than to wait till something happens. Fingers crossed there won't be a problem found.

I was told the sling isn't necessary all the time now but as a precaution I intend to keep it on around the dogs.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is about 90 here..not too bad. I am unpacking and reorganizing today . V has nbeen working on the laundry..I got the car washed, and did some grocery shopping..need to replenish staples. I will go out tomorrow to get some meat. 

I got very ompaired shopping...my legs were having trouble moving..lol.eachbday with ra is an adventure..

Hope your shoulder is better...how long are you not able to use it??hope tye doggies are behaving. Fortunately, I have never experienced not being able to use y right hand.

i imagine Linda is adjusting to her new time zone.

Sleep well.🥰

Respected Contributor

Yikes on your legs not cooperating, Barbara. That would be frustrating plus scary.

It was upper 80's here. It should be much cooler though in a couple days. 

I suppose it depends on pt and the MRI findings as to how long the shoulder will be a problem. I hope there's no additional problem.

The dogs were wrestling in the house so I put them out so Tip could do "zoomies" around the yard. I wanted to pick up some groceries this afternoon but R was tired after a late lunch. He's of the mindset of wait till we run out of things whereas I plan ahead. Since he was the driver home we went.

Tomorrow he gets his Lupron shot before senior bowling.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Morning!  Just had to do that since I am almost always doing the opposite.  The trip went okay, but I was extremely tired by the time I reached here (Lake Garda area).  I was super impressed by the Phoenix airport -- so nice and clean.  The plane got off on time, and we actually landed earlier than expected.  I left the hotel early (3:30 shuttle) and met a very nice lady visiting from Israel.  She was spending time at parks (lots of hiking), but was headed to New York to visit friends and see the city.

I found the NY airport (JFK) confusing, and there was a lot of walking involved.  My tote bag got very heavy, and I think next time I'll take a carry on bag with wheels rather than a tote.  Fortunately, I found some very friendly people who directed me to the correct terminal (train, etc.), and that was much smaller.  Not much of a food selection, and very expensive.   

The flight from New York to Rome went okay, except for the fact that I got almost no sleep, and my knee was hurting.  It didn't bother me a bit from Phoenix to New York, but....  Anyway, I sat next to a lady who is an artist, had been an art teacher in various colleges, and now is selling real estate.  She has a fourth floor walk up loft in Manhattan, and her studio is in there.  She loves the place, but it is difficult to walk up all those stairs, and to live in New York City.  We hit it off and chatted quite a bit.

The Rome Airport also required lots of walking, but I made it a little better than New York.  Not enough time to do anything but get to the other gate to fly to Verona.  Short flight that got off a bit late, but made it to Verona and met the van that drove us up here to Lake Garda.  I finally slept a bit on the van ride, and got to the hotel.  We walked to a nice restaurant for lunch, and then had a shot break time before walking for about an hour near the lake.  I was really tired then, but we had a lecture, appetizers, etc., and then dinner.  The food so far has been great, and the leader is really good.

I finally got to bed around 10:00 p.m., and I either didn't set the alarm or it didn't go off.  So, I slept until 730 a.m.  Mad dash to wash my hair, shower, etc., and get to the breakfast buffet.  Another short break, and then we went on a walking tour of the town plus to the museum.  I'm not used to stairs, so I felt all the steps, plus it was very warm in the museum.  Plus, it had rained, and the streets were wet and fairly slippery.  Almost wished I had a cane, but I don't know how to use one.

Lunch was very good (local restaurant), and next we will have two lectures before dinner.

Sorry your legs acted up at the store, Barbara.  Glad the weather isn't bad.

Good that you will be getting PT, Claudia.  Sounds like a good idea to protect yourself around those very active dogs.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda