Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONEDAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV.21)

Hi Bernie - yes, it might be a sinus headache I have.  The pain killers kicked in so I'm feeling tolerable at the moment.  I just started reading a cozy mystery called "Murder at Plimoth Plantation" - which takes place at Thanksgiving time.  There are lots of Christmas books out there - I wish that there were more that took place during autumn.  Book reading and nap coming up...  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Any time is good to read but Fall and Winter is a great time to devour those books. I'm in the process of reading the #1selling e-book on Amazon. It was a Kindle First book which I got free in advance of it being sold. It is excellent.

I found something that may be coming home to me. Dennnis Basso has a reversible coat as a TSV coming up on December 8. 5 easy payments if ordered in advance from The Insider. Based upon the price of $139.96, I would guess that number of easy pays will still be available when it goes on air.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Wow, sounds like something is making the rounds (illness-wise), sure hope I don't get it. I do hope everyone is feeling better or will by tomorrow anyway. No fun being sick.

I got my dining room carpet shampoo-ed today, finally! Hubby worked on the shampoo-er this morning and got it working right again, thank goodness. I guess it had been longer than I thought since I had done the whole room cause I can sure tell the difference, lol. As it is an L-shaped dining/living room, I can't get out of doing the livning room now, there is that much difference. First I just went over the whole room with clean water, next was clean water with the carpet cleaner, then last I went over it again with clean water mixed with about a half cup or so of vinegar. The vinegar rinse cuts any shampoo still in carpet and supposedly dogs/pets don't care for the smell so will not be tempted to "go" there. With winter pretty much here, I wanted any preventative remedy just in case my dog doesn't want to do her business outdoors. She so dislikes snow, rain, wind, lol. So...you all know what I'll be doing tomorrow, oh the joy of it all. Rofl.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--When you get fimished, you can come and do my carpets but there is likely a waiting list. I certainly hope you don't get one of the bugs that is going around. I decided to order the DB TSV coat and put it on the 5 easy pays on a card I need to use to keep active. Too many card companies will cancel a card if it isn't used, and this one has a great credit limit which helps with calculating utilization in the FICO scoring. Utilization factors into about 35% of the FICO credit score.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat, I have a card that I keep active, for that same reason. Smiley Happy

Sorry, I don't make housecalls with my shampoo-er. lol

"To each their own, in all things".