Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONEDAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV.21)

@LindaLatte

LindaL, when you have lots of responsibility on you, the last thing you need to contend with is feeling under the weather yourself.  Geez, I am sorry that your beloved is coming down with it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I'm having holiday dinner at my eldest sister's home.  I finally visited her new apartment today (she sold her house and downsized).  Yes it's smaller than her home, but she looks good in it and at peace.  There's a running joke in my house, that it's so peaceful, especially the family room, visitors can't stay awake.  I am not kidding.  I allow no drama in my house.  If someone is upset about something in her life, my door is open so she can vent.  If someone comes over to stir 'spit', out they go, I won't tolerate it.

I actually bought new radon and C02 detectors because I was afraid something was malfunctioning in the house - my family falls asleep in the family room, lol.

The birds are fine, I am fine so I guess there's no poison.

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Think it could be a sinus headache?  We've had squirrely weather here and last week I thought I could feel a sinus headache coming on and I am not prone to sinus headaches.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Hunting season is underway here too.  I was running errands today and it looked weird seeing snow clinging to trees that had just started to change color.

We got a pretty clingy snow.  Great for looks, bad for power lines.

Honored Contributor

@kittyfan

LindaR - not crazy about pumpkin here either.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

Hi Marijane, my mother used to make a bread stuffing and my sisters made a decent version of it.  If left to my own devices, I do stove top, lol.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another beautiful day out - warm and sunny; I have no plans to go anywhere - but I do need to get a bunch of things done around the house.  Yesterday afternoon I went to Publix for my butter and got a shrimp tray as well, since they were BOGO; I'm now planning to avoid food stores until after Thanksgiving.  Actually, even though the store was mobbed I was able to use a self-checkout, so I was in and out quickly.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Jean. Too bad you don't live closer - I haven't had occasion to make a turkey dinner since...gosh, since before my husband died!  Cat Surprised  I never did "get" the whole pumpkin thing; it's nothing special, IMO.  I do like dressing; I'm thinking for Thanksgiving I'm going to make some chicken tenders and I got some cranberry-orange dressing mix from Aldi which sounded interesting.

50 miles, huh? When I lived in Na'alehu I drove more than twice that each way, going to and from Kona where my friends and all the "action" was - and that was almost every day!  I'm really concerned about those who will be flying this next week...so much evil in the world...  Cat Sad

LindaR, if you want to have some fun next time you go to the PO, ask the clerks how many 3¢ stamps there are in a dozen. Cat Wink  Nine times out of ten they'll tell you "four."  Cat LOL The PO I use has two clerks who are excellent, but there's one "floater" who fills in when one or the other is out. Sweet guy, but not the brightest crayon in the box.  I've asked him that question several times, and always get the wrong answer!  Cat LOL Speaking of mailing, I guess I'd better get the soldiers' packages ready to go ASAP.

Twinny, I'm glad to hear your mom's move went well; hopefully you'll now be able to focus on your own needs and health more, and won't be under so much stress. 

I'm praying for those of you who don't feel well. When I'm under the weather I generally want to be left alone, although it would be nice to have someone to "fetch & carry"...and take care of the critters.  How inconsiderate that they expect me to feed them when I'm not feeling well...and scoop the litter boxes too!  Cat Wink

Marijane, I'm all for no deer hunting! 

I guess this is going to be a slow week; I have some phone calls to make, but I don't see it as a productive one for the most part - everyone will be thinking  holidays.

Well, I guess I'd better vacuum (again) and maybe get the windows and blinds clean.  Last night I scrubbed the litter boxes, so that's one nasty job out of the way.

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

PS - Best cleaning tip:

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Hi Arlene, you really scored on the butter and shrimp.  I'm not much of a meat or fish eater, but didn't mind chicken or turkey, that is until my pigeon Grayson found me.  Something about living with that kind of bird has turned me off poultry, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't want to think about winter and snow.When I came home from the city the other day, I saw the State had its plows out giving them a test run in advance of need. I didn't need the reminder. The deer have been visiting my lawn and munching on the grass and shrubbery. It is cute watching Midnight looking out the window at them knowing he was safe.

I really feel like I have a cold coming on as I'm starting to sneeze and have a headache, along with muscle pain.

Bernie--The automatically scheduled two sleep lab appointments in case the first needed a follow up. I found out on Wednesday that I need to do the follow up. I'm not looking forward to another night of trying to get some sleep while wired up all over. Trust me, little things keep me from going to sleep that don't bother others. How people can sleep on planes is beyond me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching the tail end of the Philosophy show. I'm ending the last of my 32oz Purity. I can remember when I bought a 32 oz size for $35 when there was a special. It certainly is far above that price now.  The Purity is the only Philosophy product I used consistently.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.