Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONED DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 18th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I hope those of you who celebrate had a nice Easter. Also hope your weather is okay.  We are expecting a high of 96 degrees here today, so I am glad I took my walk early this morning when it was cool.  

I enjoyed the Easter service and the Easter meal that I had at the home of the leader of the Bible study at church.  I was quite surprised that her husband was there since he was supposed to be back in Wisconsin.  Turns out that he made it to New Mexico when the engine in their car blew up.  Fortunately, he was able to get the car off the road, and the manufacturer will replace the engine for no cost.  They had admitted that the engines were a problem in the cars, and provided a lifetime warranty.  The car is from 2014 and had over 100,000 miles on it.  Anyway, he had the car towed back to Arizona.  They had AAA, but not for nearly that many miles, but I think they will pay $350, which is quite a bargain.

I'm about to go to get my second COVID booster and hope that I don't have any bad reactions.  Other than that, no big plans for the day.

I have three SG liquid knit dresses (out of 5 dresses total), but didn't order the TSV yesterday since the length doesn't work for me.  No TSV today since I don't need or want any more PJ's.  Hope any of you who ordered like them very much.

Barbara posted on FB that her husband had several rough days -- very agitated and difficult to care for, but he was much more peaceful yesterday.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONED DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 18th)

Hi Everyone!

Lindalatte--Thanks for starting us today. I'm glad you had a nice Easter dinner. What an ordeal with the host's husband's car. They sure got lucky with the $350 cost after all the dust settled. 

It's cool. cloudy and raining/snowing today. We've had too much rain lately. I have multiple baskets of dog towels (again) from muddy paws. Hopefully, the temps will stay above the freezing mark so we don't have ice. Crssong my fingers.

I will keep Barbara, Bev, Declan and anyone in need in my thoughts and prayers. It can be so challenging to be the caregiver. I'm glad that her husband was more peaceful yesterday.

Our Easter dinner was a quiet one and an easy one. I purchased one of the complete holiday meals from Corky's (at hubby's request) and it worked well. I have a touch of the (regular) flu so I wasn't up for "regular" cooking. So glad I had this in the freezer as my "just in case meal". 

I was hoping to purchase the Cuddle Duds for my DIL as a gift. She loves that line. They only had prints and she is strickly solid black or navy. I did take a chance and order the Sketchers zebra tennis shoe (on sale) for her. She has the Sketchers tennis shoe and really likes it. I still have to find something else soon. 

We took two power hits yesterday but thankfully they were repaired in two hours. It was windy yesterday but I don't know what caused the problem.

Today I'm still doing some laundry but not as many loads. That and paying bills on Tuesday makes me believe I'm not running so far behind on chores. LOL 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONED DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 18th)

Hello, my Easter Sunday/sister's birthday was nice.  It was a sunny day which made up for the chilly temps.  Yesterday was a little more hectic for me than it needed to be.  We got snow that was interesting to drive in.  Thank goodness for anti-lock breaks.  I was driving next to a red jeep that was almost side by side with me when the driver decided he/she wanted to be in the right turn lane with me and turned right and cut me off.  I had one more errand to one but after that close call I just came home.  I can run the errand today on dry pavement.

The snow accumulated and looked pretty in the back and front yard.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise