Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY ONE AT TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAR 20)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful day and that in itself is something for which to be thankful after the Winter of rain, and also snow and devastation in some places recently.

I printed off my medical history and med lists from my provider portal. I still require an official signature on them so I have a call in to see if that can be done today. It is little things like this that make traveling a pain, not the choice of clothes or their packing.  After seeing someone arrive at a  hotel several years ago without proof of their booking, the hotel not having them booked, etc., I always carry that proof with me just in case.

My niece is feeling better so I don't think she will miss the trip, thanks to the antibiotics and rest.  I am feeling fine right now so let's hope we remain "green for go."

With the major headaches out of the way, I'll be doing odds and ends around the house, preparing Midnight's "travel kit" and carrier. Poor cat will be very angry with me.

The 8th-grade is having a public bingo with proceeds to help them with their DC trip. They are asking for donations as prizes, so as I do odds and ends, if I run across something unused, I will save it for them. I'm having less and less of these wonderful things to make life easy but then I forget I have it as it really doesn't fit my lifestyle. I have a problem of "out of sight out of mind." If I store something away, I often forget it. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY ONE AT TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAR 20)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I kind of overslept this morning and Grayson woke me up around 7:30 am.  It's half and half sunny and cloudy here on this first day of spring. 

I called the lawmower company I've been using for a couple of years and made arrangements for them to swing by tomorrow and pick up my mower for maintenance.  I pay a fee for round trip pick and delivery.  It's a walk behind mower that is self propelled and those things are surprisingly heavy.  Could I roll it up ramps into my trunk?  Probably.  Do I want a hernia or bad back?  Not really, I'd rather pay $25  Woman Very Happy

I guess I should swap out the wreath on my front door. 

I'm so happy to read that your niece is doing better.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....lovely day here,still a little chilly this morning...high 20's but it has gone up.  yay for spring.

Sounds like it's a go for your trip Jean.....good news.

Bernie it would be worth the extra  fee  to me to keep my back safe.

i had an early morning hair apt....it amazes me how fast four weeks go by.

That's about all from here...have a nice day.    Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Grayson knew you needed to sleep in. $25 to pick up the mower, fine tune it and return it is a very good price....and definitely better than the cost of a hernia repair.

Marijane--It is amazing how quickly time passes, and also how long hair can get in that period of time. I told my stylist that she put Miracle Gro on it! It always feels good to get the trim, etc.

I ventured out and got all the medical stuff signed. Supposedly, you are not allowed to bring drugs, even prescription drugs, into Australia without proof of need and reasons, etc. and you supposedly have to declare that you have them in your carryon.  

The morning activities, with so-so sleep last night, have left me tired. I might take the afternoon to rest and read before doing more. I decided I didn't want the challenging class tomorrow so I cancelled it. I think I am getting lazy.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  So far it is sunny here, but it is supposed to be cloudy later.  Today should be warm again (upper 70's), but tomorrow and the next few days 10 degrees cooler or so.  Still nice weather compared to what many are having.

Very happy to hear that both you and your niece are well enough to take your trip, Jean.  I find it pretty neat that lots of schools have DC trips.  I don't remember school trips to see the monuments when I was growing up, but I do remember trips to art galleries and concert halls in DC.  They probably figured we could go to DC any time we wanted since I lived pretty close to the DC line in Maryland.  I do remember one of my slightly older cousins coming to DC on her own (she was a teenager), and we went to many museums and monuments.  Also went with Girl Scouts, etc.  Speaking of which, I am getting excited about my Road Scholar trip to DC in May.  I have not been to the monuments, etc. for at least five years.

Hi Bernie.  Good call on having that mower picked up and returned after service.  One of my bookclub buddies needs shoulder surgery (both sides) since she broke (not sure that is the correct word) both of her rotator cuffs helping put furniture into the back of their SUV.  Of course, she is much older than you, but still.....

Glad you were able to have your hair done, Marijane.  Hope your weather continues to warm up.

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night -- went to sleep fine, but woke up around 2:00 a.m. with knee pain.  Then, my mind started going double-time.  I only got back to sleep after 2 1/2 hours or so after taking a pain killer.  I imagine I will be tired today.  

Planning to go for a walk soon, and I have a hospice visit this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- sorry about your lack of sleep as well, Jean.  I definitely don't think you are being lazy.  Glad you were able to get your medical records signed.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1   The last time I had a haircut was in early November (for a birthday party).  I trimmed my bangs just a little and am letting the rest grow while I figure out what I want to do with it.  I know for sure I will get it cut before Easter.

Trusted Contributor

LInda  I think the term is torn rotators cuff.....my sister had torn hers once in a fall and had to,have surgery..which is a horror...this was several years ago so the procedure may have improved.  THis happens to a lot of pitchers in baseball.......it was a long recovery period for my sister and it never healed right so had to have it redone...she went to some place down south that a lot of the sports people have it done......as I said this was years ago so hopefully things are done differently for your friend.....she still has some limited use of her arm though.

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte   my heart goes out to your book club buddy.  I had adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) in my left shoulder in 2004 and then my right shoulder in 2014.

First time I thought I just pulled something and babied the arm.  Worst thing to do, that just let the adhesions go crazy.  Didn't sleep a full night for nearly 90 days.  I don't think I ever felt bone deep pain like that before.  A long dissolving cortisone shot in the joint eventually freed the arm about 7 months later.

In 2014 I was able to recognize what I did and so I exercised, and worked the injured arm.  Guess what, adhesions must have been forming while I slept, lol.  I made an appointment within a month or so for the orthopedic shoulder guy and went and got the shot.  That arm still isn't 100%.

I know a lady who had a shoulder replacement.  I didn't know they could replace a shoulder.  Nelda seemed to be doing fine the last time I saw her but she was off of work a long time.

I hope the technology is better now for your friend.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, torn is the word, Marijane.  What made it even worse for her was that she had her second knee replacement done late last year, and recovery was not easy.  Her DH had this shoulder surgery a few years ago, and he did well.  But, she is certainly not looking forward to having more surgery.  As they say, getting old is not for sissies.  

Sorry your sister had so many problems, Marijane, and you had issues as well, Bernie.  I try to be careful about lifting heavy things -- fingers crossed that I am successful in avoiding shoulder problems.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie like you I did not know they could replace a shoulder......my sister after 10 yrs or so has never been 100%......she was a nurse and could never go back to working with patients as she doesn't have the strength in her arm....she could have gotten a desk job   st the  hospitsl but said she work  too hard thru nursing school to sit behind a desk...she went to nursing school after her kids were in HS so she was considerably older than others in classes.  she had fallen going into a patients room...the floor was wet and there wasn't a sign saying so,slipped,and thought she broke her shoulder.

so whenever I see a sign in the store saying wet floor...I make sure I pay attention!