Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TUNE *WEDNESDAY, NOV. 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with acceptable temps but I understand rain and below average temps may be coming our way.

I was called to work today but I had an appointment at the vet to take the cat this morning. Said cat wised up and went into  hiding where I can't get him so I called the vet and they said to bring him in whenever i could get him today. It has been an hour and a half and he has yet to come out so I could get him. Smart cat!!

I did order the TSV in the rectangular style. I'll put candy in them and give them to the office staff where I work most often.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TUNE *WEDNESDAY, NOV. 6)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool here in PA and snow is on the horizon. My bad knee is telling me that the forecast is "spot on" this time. We have everything covered outside and only this weeks leaves on the ground. We had 33 bags last week and 18 bags the week prior. I did make a trip to the hardware store to get another supply of bags --just in case. I like to hae the leaf bags and bags of salt in storage for the weather "surprises".

I didn't have the best eye appointment on Monday because their new equipement wasn't working properly. By the time they were able to complete the tests I had a migraine which made me do very poorly. I have to go back today because they were inbetween frame orders and I wasn't going to pick just "something" to get it done. I have to pick up prescriptions and groceries today so I hope I'm not pushing it again. Tomorrow I will stay home.

I'm still "fussin" around with my washer. It's getting better where it's every other load that seems to stop and "ding" the error sign. I know it's something simple with the drain and I'm determined to figure it out. I would kick myself to pay $75 to get the guy to the door plus whatever for him to tug on something or twist a knob and have it work. I'm giving myself until next Monday to fix it or make a repair call.

I did throw out a bunch of old make up brushes and kept only a few. I ordered the new set from IT so I'll be restocked and refreshed. You foreget how long you have some of these things. I also cleared out my collections of eye pencils and liners and kept only my "favorites". I ordered the LG pencils so I won't have to worry about the tugging on my eye lids. It seems to be an issue now when I'm putting on my eye makeup. I decided to treat myself.

This week I've had some kind of 4 legged critter knocking down my suet feeder at night. It's wrought iron and hangs from a planter arm. The squirrels can't reach it from the gutter or the roof. Today it was on the porch floor along with a broken solar light and glass everywhere. I have raccoons, possums, skunks, cyotes and snakes so it's anybodies guess. I was up super early today so at least I was able to clean it up before any bird got hurt. 

I did purchase that peppermint oil a month ago to deter mice, etc. from those winter hiding spots in sheds and covered bbq grills etc. I was pleasantly surprised that it seems to be working/helping. I had squirrels burying nuts in my porch post planter inside my fall leaf display.That got them to stop. I also sprayed the bbqs on the patio because my dogs like to "hunt." I'm not reeady for that activity until after 2 cups of coffee .....at least.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/night.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I think we are sharing a similar forecast with a possible dusting of snow, earlier than usual. I do hope you get your washer problem resolved. I think you will like t he LG pencils. 

I just got in from putting air in my tires. I have one of those handy little air compressors which makes the job easy and makes it possible to avoid the ones at the gas stations that are not always accurate. Of course, the cat is still in  hiding. I'm now watching an oldf Perry Masosn episode on Amazon Prime.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I know it's not funny when Midnight hides and he has an appointment.  My mother had a cat named Cuddles and for the longest time I thought Cuddles was an urban legend Woman Very Happy  She was a rescue and was most comfortable with the people who lived in the house with her day in and day out.  I used to joke that she disappeared into the walls when I came over. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

HI @Fressa  I watched the local morning news and was happy to see that Ginger Zee overreacted the other night on the ABC evening news with David Muir.  Ginger said something about a high of 22 in Michigan this weekend.  Yea, not so much - it's going to be in the 40 degree range.  We could get snow tomorrow I think.  I wasn't finished with my first cup of coffee when the local weather guy came on early this morning.  I did manage to process the comment that the snow would stick to the grass and the roads should be okay.

We are running 10 degrees below normal for this time of year.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am sorry that Midnight is in hiding.  Yes, one smart cat.  It was sunny a little while ago, but it's getting cloudy.  That air compressor sounds like a winner.  I hope that you like the TSV.  

Bird Mama,  it's been colder than normal for us too, but I have been sleeping a lot better.  On Monday night I went to bed at 8:30 & although I woke up a few times, I went right back to sleep.  We got a few ❄❄❄ overnight instead of 1" -3" .  It went to the North of us.  It sounds like you did a good job with your insurance plans.  

fressa, snow was on the horizon.  It sounds like you have been very busy getting the leaves taken care of.  We try to have plenty of salt on hand just in case we need it.  It seems to sell out quickly in the stores after a snowstorm or freezing rain which is much worse than snow.  I hope that you have success with your eye appointment & picking out new frames.  It sounds like you might be able to fix your washer without outside expensive help.  Our only critters are squirrels and they have been so much fun to watch.  They love our front porch and seem to enjoy putting a nut here and there.  

I got up early this morning because I went to bed early again last night.  I seem to be catching up after a busy week last week.  I made blueberry muffins for breakfast which were a nice treat.  

Lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches with the cheese that we bought yesterday from our favorite cheese factory.  Then it's hot tub time.

Supper is beef stew that I have to put in the oven soon.  Nothing exciting going on around here.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Certainly hope Midnight came out of hiding, and you were able to go to the vets.  Yikes!  I'm sure your gift recipients will appreciate the candy and the containers you ordered.  That air compressor is a good idea.

Good luck with the washer and the frames, Freesa.  You certainly have some challenges with the wildlife in your area.  Good job in going through your make-up and finding suitable products.

Glad your weather won't be as cold as predicted, Bernie.  I think it is warmer than usual here, and I am not complaining.  We did have some thunderstorms yesterday evening and this morning, and it was raining on and off during my walk.  Really not bad, but I was happy to have both my rain jacket and my sunglasses since both were used.

Sounds like your body needed some sleep, twinny.  Glad you got some rest.  Your meals sound good to me.

I had an OLLI class this morning, and I was surprised that it was about energy therapy, including things like the chakra system, etc.  I selected the classes in a rush, and didn't realize what this one was about.  Anyway, it was very interesting, and I may try some of the techniques to help with things like calming down and getting good sleep.  

I guess you could say that I'm a Jean imitator, which isn't a bad thing, but....  Anyway, I decided to order a vacuum as a gift from me to me.  Mine should be arriving from Amazon today.  Not sure if I will think of this as an early birthday or Christmas gift, or just because.  

I had a moment yesterday as I was leaving Wal Mart after picking up a few things.  The sky was wild -- clouds and a rainbow, and the mountains looked so beautiful in the light.  It reminded me of why I found this area to be so special.  Seeing those mountains from such an ordinary location warms my heart.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda