Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (tHURSDAY, JUNE 13)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot and dry day in store here.  They are predicting a high of 105 or so.  Good thing that my AC is working well, and I can handle the heat pretty well.  

As I mentioned yesterday, I am still not convinced that I can handle yoga, but it is interesting.  Lunch and dessert with my buddies yesterday was fun. 

I agreed to answer the phones at the hospice office this afternoon, and I will be going to the gym this morning.  I have things all set up for my visit with my new hospice patient on Saturday. 

I was concerned about my friend Jo Ann whose husband died in February and had a bad fall in May.  I called and e-mailed, and finally she answered -- she fell again on her back patio -- not good.  She ended up having stitches in her left hand and a slight fracture to her wrist.  She had a test for her arteries and veins (MRA) and will hear the results today.  Her Mom died of Alzheimer's Disease, and she is very concerned about getting the disease herself.  I really hope that is not the case.

I certainly don't need any sports sandals, so no TSV for me.  And, I'm not crazy about the look of the Denim & Co. Big Deal on Q2.  However, something else may prove a temptation for my pretty much ever present desire for something new.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  What is everyone up to today?  Hope it is a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (tHURSDAY, JUNE 13)

hello ladies, thanks for starting Linda.  I hope your friend  Jo Ann....

will be ok.    We are having the exact opposite of your weather here, its is pouring rain  and 56 degrees...and I am cold.  I am thinking of lighting the wood stove for some warmth.    I hope your answering of the phones goes well this afternoon.

Not much going on here....hope every one has a nice day.......Marijane.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Neither TSV appeals to me either so my money is safe, lol.  I hope whatever is going on with Jo Ann is easily remedied with diet or medication.  I give you credit for trying yoga.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane @Genny1   It was supposed to only hit the 60's today and I was looking forward to it, lol.  I've been outside and it doesn't feel that chilly.  The meteorologists also said rain would start at 3 yesterday afternoon and then changed it to 9 yesterday evening.

I actually stayed up until midnight to watch Jill Bauer's final show (my eyes were burning I was so tired) and it still hand't rain at midnight.

Honored Contributor

I didn't go to bed until midnight last night because I wanted to watch Jill's final QVC show.  I'm not used to staying up that late anymore and I seriously had to fight to stay awake.  I slept in until 8:30 this morning and that threw my whole day off, lol.

I went to do a load of wash and saw some clear water on the basement floor.  It was not the water heater, it was not any drain back up that I caused (I never got up once last night). 

We must have gotten alot of rain in a short period of time after I went to bed last night.  The water didn't seep in along any walls - I think the outside drains in the street were overwhelmed and some water backed into the house.

It wasn't stinky or anything however I did mop it up and then I hit it with clorox.  It was confined to a small area.

You guys know me, I went on a youtube search to figure out why I had two covered sewer cleanouts in my basement floor.  I know that one of them is for any water that runs through the house.  For the life of me I don't remember anyone ever opening the second one next to it and I want to know why.

I did a load of wash this morning and nothing bubbled up when the machine emptied.  

Hmmm peculiar.....