Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME, Wednesday, November 1st

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I can't believe it is November already. Time flies.

It is a nice day here in southern Arizona -- sunny and high expected in the high 70's. It was cool, but not cold on my walk.  I heard on the radio that we had zero rain in October, and our last   measureable  rain was in early September. Yikes!  I knew that it hadn't rain for a while, but that is quite a while.  I don't think they are predicting rain any time soon, unfortunately.

I know some of you saw and "liked" the picture from the Halloween celebration at DH's facility.  They went all out -- had a band, lots of snacks (including vegetables and fruit as well as the "regular" stuff), and there were many residents there and several family members.  Fortunately for me, DH was much more awake than he had been on Sunday or Monday.  He was smiling a little, but I'm hoping for more today.

I have a class this morning, and I need to make a brief presentation about a chapter from the book we are reading "Smuggler Nation". I am fighting my normal nervousness about public speaking.  Crazy to say the least.

Just a Halloween aside -- there was a costume contest won by a couple who volunteer as needed. They were dressed as "Phantom of the Opera" characters, and they looked great. They didn't win, but a couple who had walkers dressed as "bikers" -- wigs, appropriate clothing, etc. They also sported temporary tattoos.  Pretty wild looking.  I was amazed that a lady of that vintage would wear shorts.  More power to her.

After class and lunch, I'll go to the gym, and I'll visit DH later.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME, Wednesday, November 1st

Hello @LindaLatte and thanks for starting the thread today.   I'm so glad that the staff went all out for Halloween and that your husband and the residents enjoyed it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME, Wednesday, November 1st

Hi ladies,

Wow, the month of October certainly went quickly,

Image result for greetings november images