Trusted Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Wednesday, April 12th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We have had a really beautiful week here, not as sunny as I would like but not raining.  My yard was turning into a swamp.  The sun is out now, hope it stays for the day.

I am liking the TSV, but I don't know it I would really use it that much.  Guess I will just wait and see, don't think the price will increase that much.  I have a Ninja that was a TSV about 2 years ago, used it twice.  Oh and of course I bought the Ninja that could make smoothies, used it twice and decided I was not a smoothie person.  My sister has that one to sell on a yardsale facebook page for her area.  The first one I still have, I usually chop everything up when I am cooking and then remember about the Ninja.  It is going in the yard sale this summer. 

Oh well just wanted to check in, I do read everyday.  I am on my DH computer now, it is just easier to type on then my Surface computer. 

Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Wednesday, April 12th)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope the sun stays out for you, and I'm glad it has been a beautiful week.  I know you will make a good decision about the TSV.  I haven't really looked at it, but I do not need to add another thing to the kitchen unless something breaks.  I do have smoothies regularly, and I did buy and then donate a Ninja a few years back.  I still have a food processor that I purchased 10 years ago (not used often, but good), and my Vitamix blender.  Like I said, I don't need another thing for the kitchen. 

It should be warm/hot and sunny here again today.  Our average high temperatures for this time of the year are about 80 degrees, so high 80's or 90 is not that much out of line.  We live in southern Arizona by the way.  I love this warm/hot and sunny weather.  When it is 100 degrees and dry for days, not so much.

DH was fine yesterday, but another resident fell after dinner and hit her head on the floor.  The caregivers certainly have their hands full.  The lady who fell was in her room, and I don't know how it happened.  Hopefully, it was not a serious injury.

I picked up my taxes, and I'm very pleased.  We had enough of a refund to pay for the first quarter estimated taxes for this year, and a little leftover.  A lot better than when we owed quite a bit the past couple of years.  

The senior lunch program went well yesterday, and the gym did as well.  Nothing exciting planned for today, which is fine with me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Image result for wednesday pics

Trusted Contributor

Hi Susan, Meallen, Linda, and everyone else who visits today.  I bought a Vitamix about 2 years ago even though I winced at the price.  Happily I use it quite a bit.  I make green smoothies, V-8 type smoothies, and fruit smoothies with almond milk and yogurt.  It's my way of getting in extra servings of fruits and vegetables for the day.  It's also a good way of using up fruits and veggies that are a tad past their prime.

i had my annual visit to the neurologist on Monday.  He concurred that my Dystonia is not progressing which is always good news.  I'm having several medical visits taken care of in the upcoming weeks.

Weather here is great.  A few tomato seeds have sprouted.  I should be weeding outside, but I'm not in the mood, lol.  I've been working a lot on sewing my DS's comforter, and yesterday I caught up on some cleaning.  (I'd rather sew than clean!)  I will continue to do the same today.

Oh, and my DS took the test to challenge the Intro to Computers class he needed to graduate from college, and he passed with an A.  We're all relieved that he passed, and the A counts towards his GPA, so that's good.  Also, he formally accepted the offer to attend grad school at the University of Virginia.  

Well, I need to get busy.  Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I'll be working every school day this week. I just got  home from work and from picking up a prescription. My highlight of the day was holding a baby kangaroo at school. There was a presentation on various animals, and I was nearby when one of the  presenters asked me to hold the kanagaroo while he prepared something. There is a photo of it on FB. It got me in the mood to go back to Australia but that likely will not happen.

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I have no idea what the TSV is as I have not had a chance to check out QVC yet. We did have beautifful sunny weather.

Linda--It is great that you got a refund on your taxes and that your weather is good. I have a small Ninja but I haven't used it for several weeks.

Charlene--That is great news from the neurologist. Also, congrats to DS on his acceptance to the University of Virginia graduate school.

meallen--Another great graphic!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Work was cray cray again, lol.

Jean, how exciting to hold a baby kangaroo :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise