Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDSDAY, DEC. 18)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and warmer here, but I know others are dealing with ice and cold weather.  Hope everyone stays warm and safe.  I am pretty sure my tiredness yesterday was a reaction to the Shingles vaccine.  I had so much trouble staying awake all day, and went to bed (attempted to read) before 10 p.m.  I fell asleep quickly, and only woke up a couple of times before 5:30 a.m.  Before bed, I read the adverse effects of the vaccine, and it listed tiredness.  Yikes!  Glad I only needed two of the vaccines so I don't have this again.

Anyway, I have already backed a banana bread to give to my "boss" at the senior lunch program.  She mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she liked the banana bread, but was not a fan of the apple cake.  I decided to make one just for her as a token holiday gift.  I'm planning to do a little more baking today (for me) -- probably just some cookies.  I am considering making a panettone or stollen, but not sure.  When you live alone, it is difficult to eat a large sweet bread, and I am not crazy about freezing them.  Of course, I could make them another day.  

The big news and a huge gift for me, DD, and most of all my second DGS is that he passed his last classes, and will graduate from college!  He refuses to go to the graduation ceremony, but he is graduating none the less.  He is a smart guy, but pretty lazy as far as school goes at least.  Anyway, I sent a congratulatory text, and he sent a very sweet text back thanking me for my financial help over the years.  DD is very happy and relieved.

I wasn't planning to go to the store today, but I may go out to get a graduation card.  In addition to the baking, I need to do some cleaning, and today is the perfect day to do it.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDSDAY, DEC. 18)

Good morning! Sorry to read about your reaction/side effects to the vaccine. It's a good thing it did not last long, so that you were able to bake your banana bread (yummy). I have baking to do for my grandsons' bus driver, teacher and teacher's aides, so I will have fun this evening.😊 Our weather is cold, with a peek of sunshine. Congratulations on your grandsons' graduation! He might be lazy, but it's still a HUGE accomplishment. As far as shopping, I have my Christmas shopping done, but still have the Wolfgang Puck red spice grinders in my cart on HSN😁.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  and Sandy @SandySparkles 

It's sunny and pretty cold here thanks to the wind chill.  I went shopping at Meijer's and got everything I need grocery wise for this week and Christmas.  

Congratulations Linda on your grandson's graduation.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama I know you are heaving a sigh of relief being done with grocery shopping, and not waiting til' the last few days. Having to "fight" with overly anxious people over parking spaces, limited grocery selections etc, can be soooo exhausting. Now the fun part of holiday cooking begins.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Congratulations on your DGS graduating college.  What are his plans now?   I am deciding if I am going to bake anything, I really do not need to eat any treats.

Sandy Sparkles  -  Could you do my baking and send it to me???

Bernie - Glad you have your shopping done.  I have to make a list and go on Friday morning.  We go early enough to our Shop N Save that there are usually very few people there.

Not much going on here, DH's back is doing a little better.  He had a steriod shot last Friday and it seems to be helping.  I hope he is on the mend,  I feel bad for him, hasn't done much since July.

Off to wrap my last couple gifts and I am DONE.  We just by for the grand daughters and the nieces.  We no longer exchange gifts between adults.  

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sure the recipients will enjoy the baked goods Sandy Sparkles.  

Glad you were able to get your grocery shopping done, Bernie.

Happy to hear your DH is feeling better, Susan.  I don't think anyone "needs" treats, but I certainly enjoy them.

DGS is already working full-time in his field (human resources), and I don't think he has any big plans to change jobs at this point.  Last summer he finished his Army Reserve service and now college, so I think he will just concentrate on having fun.  His boss is off on maternity leave (has been for more than a month.)  And, he is doing her job and getting a higher salary at the moment.  It is possible she will stay home with the baby, so he might keep the "promotion".  According to DD, he doesn't make all that much money, but isn't all that ambitious.  He is certainly "odd man" out with his siblings who are all pretty driven.  But, he is a good young man, and a charmer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cold and snowy here today. We had some sleet overnight  but at least it melted by the time the snow arrived. I tackled the Hallmark store and bank this afternoon. Tomorrow it's grocery shopping and maybe taking my ring to the jewelers. I did the last of the "special" Christmas cards this afternoon so they'll be in the mail tomorrow. I hope I guessed correctly with the postage. Some of them had "may require extra postage". I'm used to seein "requires extra postage". Crossing my fingers on that guess.

I decided today that I need to order a few more t shirts and jeans for my grandson. His birthday is New Year's Eve but we celebrate the gifts all in one swoop at Christmas. Kohls' website had crashed when I was tryint to get that done so I guess I'll try again tomorrow. 

I sent my husband to the vet's office for the two medications that I called in for the dogs. I just checked the bags and they put the wrong one in there. I called them and explained what they had done. Honestly, we asked why didin't I just keep that one and purchase the other one? Well...because it's $50 and I have that one. I stated the weight when  I ordered it. I really have a gripe with an extra trip when you bother to give all the details. I try to keep all of their meds on alternating months because they are pricey. It works better for my budget. I'm sending my husband back tomorrow because I'll be in the grocery store. I think he's getting the better deal. LOL

I missed a doctor appt. this week because I just wasn't feeling well. I'm feel better today and still have hope of trying to get my appt and lab work done before the end of the year. The temps look cool enough to keep my "issues" settled so I hope I have some luck.

Have a good evening.