Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. I waited for someone else to start the thread, but here I am with my ramblings. First, we are "enjoying" a Spring day with a snow-covered ground and a low of 17 last night. It is currently 26 degrees...and 52 in the TV room, thanks to the space heater. Tomorrow will make 4 weeks since my HVAC permanently died depriving me of heat. In the interim, I had to wait for the correct size unit to come in. Then I had two installation dates snowed out with a deep snow. The last I heard tomorrow is the day for the installation.

I debated going to the city today just to get out and do something. I don't, however, have much need to do anything there. I even checked out movies. Instead, I've been checking Kohls out online. I have some things in my cart, but I really prefer my Denim & Co. crops and capris to the ones featured online. The quality is the same for less money with the D&C. I tried the Amanda line from Kohls last year and found the sizing to be very inconsistent. The quality, however, was good but the same as D&C.

I finished another Terri Blackstock novel on my Kindle. She writes great novels with a Christian theme which address conflicts in life. I really enjoyed her "Last Light" series of books which dealt with how people handle survival when we lose the comfort of electricity, etc.

I did order the TSV from yesterday as I like that type of shoe for walking. I don't like heavy walking shoes so these types of shoes work well for me.

Midnight is thoroughly enjoying his tall scratching post covered with sisal rope. The 30"inch tall post really helps him to stretch to his fullest length.

It is sunny now, so this is a positive about the day. Add to that a black cat who is making biscuits on me demanding his personal time.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

/></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Good morning!

Woke up to snow and no school. Thursday and the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 60s". Many people around here are sick, my Mother used to call this type of weather pneumonia weather(up and down temps)

I walk alot and really looked hard at the TSV yesterday, but I did resit. The only want I forsee on my horizon will be a new pair of black capris, I have the Denim and Co How Smooth in mind.

I think we are going to have Chinese for lunch, DH does better if he eats his biggest meal mid-day. His Drs. appointment went well , no surprises. He is in good health all but needing a kidney. As bad as that is is we have been very fortunate.

Kona I so agree with your posting, We have had to change are lifestyle drastically because of dialysis and we are both so grateful for the life we have.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I always like it when you start our thread, and I'm sure others do so as well. Hope the HVAC is installed tomorrow, and your weather improves dramatically. Also hope you like the new sandals. I kept debating, but in the end decided that new sandals can wait a week. March has been hard on my budget.

Hi Rosa -- glad your DH is doing okay, and really hope the transplant happens soon.

Shout out to Val -- so sorry about your arm and you missing your trip to Israel. Hope you recover soon.

I'm off to an outing with one of my women's groups to a glass factory (art glass). We will also have lunch at a Mexican restaurant that has been around for many years and has a good reputation.

The termite inspector is coming today, but DH can handle that (at least I hope he can). Tomorrow the dryer should be delivered, and I'm excited about that (as excited as I can be about a new appliance.)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--I think that people are often so wrapped up in acquiring things they think they need that they don't realize what they have in terms of material possessions, health, surroundings, etc. Our immediate predecessors would be shocked at the amount of things we have now compared to their more conservative lifestyle, yet they didn't feel deprived. What is happiness? That is an individual definition but I think that graphic summarized it well.

Linda--I had a hunch that you would delay the purchase of the TSV. You also have many things on your financial plate to digest. For me, I could have delayed but I wanted some type of reward for putting up with what I have experienced....a reward that I will use. Good luck with the termite inspection.

They just called me to work. Off I go to get ready! It is just a half day but money is money. This will be super casual day for me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Lost my post. Hello to my friends and our readers. I brought "Charlize" my vacuum to work today and we have had some short bursts of energy when no one else is around. My spin mop is ready to go as well and she will get some exercise later.

Hugs and hellos to all. Rosa, so glad DH is still doing so well. Hoping that call comes soon. Linda I wish I could hang out with you today!! Jean, new HVAC! Yay! I know it will be nice once it's all done with.

Regular Contributor

Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers for DH. We are looking forward to the ""call"" when we get it listen and you will hear me shout!

Super Contributor

Good morning to all . i m enjoying the thread.

Respected Contributor

Meeras: Feel free to jump in---we love having new ladies join us.

Oh the glass tour sounds like so much fun!!!

Wind has picked up and it is cooler--I think a front is blowing through.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon Ladies, welcome Meeras,stop back any time. Val sorry to hear about your arm and your cancelled trip.......hope you are feeling better soon. Kathleen, I am having a burst of energy today too.....after spending so much time on this iPad it's time for me to do something around here. LindaL I hope you are having a nice time on your glass tour trip and had a great lunch,I love Mexican food. Rosa no doubt we will hear your yell when the call comes in, praying that your DH's continues to do well. Jean hope that your furnance will finally be installed tomorrow. LindaR we have high winds today too and it's cold.....we missed the snow though..which is a good thing....the weatherman said if it had hit NYC would be closed down today.... The rest of the w eek is supposed to be in the 50's so we are heading in the right direction towards spring. not much else going on. Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

What weird weather! It's back to being bright, sunny, and mild today, but yesterday when my friend picked me up we went a few blocks, then suddenly found ourselves in the middle of a snowstorm with heavy snow blowing at us horizontally, then a few blocks more and it was clear again - it was almost like we found a rogue cloud or something.

The pizza was very good, the restaurant had a nice atmosphere, the service was excellent, but it was an expensive evening. We split a small meatball pizza (which was made with ricotta cheese), I got an extra slice of sausage & pepper to take home, and had some excellent homemade gelato for dessert. With only (free) water to drink, my bill was $19 and change! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Add $4 for a tip, ad well...it's not a place I'll visit often, unless it's to just pick up a couple of slices to go; that's too much to spend on pizza.

What happened with Val? So sorry she missed her trip; that's sad - I'd love to visit Israel and would be heartbroken if I was all set to go and something happened to prevent my doing so.

Rosa, that kidney will come at the perfect time; we're still praying. Remember, God is seldom early, but He's never late. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Jean, I can't imagine going so long without heat. Do you have a heater in your bathroom too?

Welcome, Meeras!

Well, I suppose I should take the dogs out, but I have no energy at all; even doing something minor (like making cupcakes yesterday) wears me out. This changing weather doesn't help, and I see there have been a lot of chemtrails being sprayed lately. I was up really, really late too - I was reading a Jeffrey Deaver novel that was so engrossing I couldn't put it down. Tomorrow I'm planning to drive out to Jasper, since it's going to rain on Friday, so that means cupcakes for my friends at the bank...

Have a blessed day, everyone!