Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY,SEPTEMBER 8)

Hi Everyone!

It's a rainy day with somewhat cool temps. I was planning on running errands but I may postpone that until tomorrow.

The SureFit slipcovers for the sofa arrived yesterday. I'm hoping the chair covers arrive today. I ordered the grey except for one chair in cream for the den. The grey is more of a grey blue which is very pretty. I'm glad that I caved and ordered them. Now, when they get dirty or whatever I'll have a back up set for the sofas and can wash the other covers when it fits into my schedule.

I did watch a little of the Q this morning but then switeched over to the repeat of the AtHome w/Dan program. Sunbeam has a mini size heat pad that looked interesting. They showed that it could fold or flatten for all the joints or back, etc. Still thinking about it.

I still have a few mini roses blooming but the tomatoes have taken a dive. Too much rain and the cool temps in the evening with the hot temps during the day are just not helping them. I still have green tomatoes and flowers on the plants. I guess we'll see if they survive but we still got more tomatoes this year than any other so it's a plus.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY,SEPTEMBER 8)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you are happy with the slipcovers you ordered.  Those mini roses sound beautiful.  Too bad about the tomatoes.

It is a hot and sunny day here with a high of 99 degrees predicted.  Fortunately, it wasn't too hot on my walk this morning, and there was a nice breeze.  

I received my Dyna Trap today, and it is already plugged in.  From what I understand the action will happen after dark.  Hope that it works well, and if so, I may order a second unit.  I'm sure not a fan of bugs in the house.

The doctor's office finally called me yesterday evening, and said I was calling the wrong part of office.  They said they would send my request to the appropriate part.  Not that I didn't believe them, but I asked how to contact the correct people directly, and found it was pushing another button on the "phone tree" -- one for referrals.  That didn't sound logical, but I tried it this morning, and I got to the person who is supposed to help.  She said that she would do so, and I hope that she follows through today.

I ended up going to the gym yesterday afternoon, and it was less crowded than the morning. Plus, a few of my "gym buddies" were there.  I was one of the few wearing a mask. I had less energy than in the morning, but still had a good workout.

The vegan Zoom group was interesting -- we saw a video from a doctor who has had great luck treating lupus and some other conditions through diet.  

I've started putting together my clothes, etc. for the trip, and I think I will be tossing some things.  Not sure that I trust toiletries, etc. that have not been used for a couple of years.  I am thinking of donating a pair of shoes that I bought for travel, but never wore.  They just don't fit well.  And on and on it goes.

Again I saw a couple of lunchtime specials that were appealing, but no orders yet.

Hope Glenda's MIL is doing okay.   Sending cyber hugs to you and your family and to Bernie with her loss.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, our weather was been perfect except for a drizzly day last week.   I am glad that your slip covers are so nice and it's a good idea to have a spare pair.  That heating pad looks interesting.  It's nice to get some good tomatoes.  They are my favorite.  We had quite a few of them & still have a lot on the vines.  Last Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market and bought a 5 gallon pail of tomatoes $10.  I cooked them all yesterday and was able to freeze at 10 quarts.  Now we are all set for winter.  

I want to thank all of you for your nice thoughts and prayers.  My DH went to see his Mom yesterday and she is able to walk the halls twice a day with her walker and a Nurse.  She was 96 years old and got a lot of nice cards.  My DH was able to see one of his brothers leaving & the brother that brings her mail each day too.  She will probably be in the hospital until next Monday or Tuesday.  She has already told my DH that the NH or assisted living is out of the question.  I think that she will have to have her apt evaluated for safety before she can go back home.  She also told my DH that since she gets Meals on wheels she doesn't need anybody to come in and help out.

I painted the piece of wood under the patio door this morning and need to give it a 2nd coat.  We just got back from the gym.  I only went once last week as I spent part of 4 days painting the front porch spindles etc.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day.  We might head to Shipshewana, IN next Tuesday and get back home on Thursday.  One of his brothers and wife are flying to Ireland next Friday for a week and another  brother & his wife are going on an AK cruise next Saturday for a week.  We don't want to get too far away from home just in case.  We are hoping to go on a few road trips next month when the leaves are so pretty.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-- I'm relieved you got a person and the direct # information for your medical needs. What a relief. That back and forth when you  have other commitments/plans is just nerve wrecking.

What a nice surprise to see a few of your gynm "buddies" in the afternoon. 

I hope the indoor DynaTrap works for you and gives you relief from flying insects.

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70--Your DMIL sounds like my Mom. She had the same thoughts on the matter. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's hoping that you have some enjoyable road trips in the future and they bring you some relaxation.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope the slip cover works.  I have roses still blooming, and our tomatoes haved slowed down.  Like you, we got more this year than last year.  Hope your green ones rippen.

Bernie - I am so sorry about Francis.  You are a wonderful birdmama.

Linda - Hope the Dyna Trap works for you.  Glad you are getting to the gym, hopefully more people start to wear masks.  I have been wearing mine everywhere.   I always start packing early for any trips.  I ususally change my mind on what I am wearing at least twice.  I hope they don't cancel it.  

Glenda - Hope your MIL is doing well.  My grandfather was like her, very stubborn.  Eventually a doctor would not allow him to go back to his apartment and he had to go into assisted living.  He still had a lot of freedom, but he was on a floor with 24 hour supervision.  

We closed our pool today, the back yard looks different now.  I am glad it is done now not in November.  Not much happening here, hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I hope that your Dyna trap works like it's supposed to. We had a few strange bugs in the house this summer that we have never seen before.  As long as it's Not a mouse I am fine.  I hope that you have a great vacation.  We were in Utah a few years ago in September/October and it was very beautiful, but very hot. 

Fressa, I am sure that our lives are going to be interesting in the next few weeks.  At least my DH won't get the brunt of it like I did with my Mom. I was thinking that this was her first time in a hospital since she had her youngest son 54 years ago, but then I remembered that she had a bad car accident about 10 years ago and was in the hospital for a few days.  

We just got back from Qwik Trip.  Supper was the rib sandwich special for $1.00.  They are good & I didn't feel like cooking tonight.  

I am loving these nice cooler days.  I am getting antsy to go on vacation.  Just a few days this time to get our butts ready for a long road trip.  Our last road trip was 2 years ago this month to NM & OK.  Somehow getting to  Louisiana isn't in the cards yet.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, my Mom was the same way, but her memory wasn't good the last year or so.  I was her POA & had no support from my siblings.  I finally had to have the Hospice Dr. go visit her along with my brother.  He said she had to go to an assisted living facility and it was very nice.  Only 4 ladies and she had a baby monitor in her bedroom to see what she was up to.  She had a lot of freedom, but just wanted to go back home.  She fell 15 times between the hospital,  NH and the assisted living facility because they can't put a bar on the bed and she kept kicking the gym mat under the bed.  

Glenda