Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBE 26)

Hi Everyone!

I thought I would start a newthread because the other one was getting long. Today is sunny, cool with some wind. No rain in the forecast but at least today we have better looking skies for that forecast.

I received the Temptations TSV that I ordered. It's very nice and the sizes are what I was hoping to find. I use medium and small baking dishes now instead of the lasagne style. Looks like I'll be rearranging the cabinets this afternoon. 

LindaLatte--I'll cross my fingers for your hospice patients and their relocations. That has to be a bit upsetting to them. Insurance coverage is tricky to manuer these days. Good luck with the neighborhood newsletter. Those things take more time than you would think. Hope you are pleased with your hair cut. Glad your L&L is working out. You never know until you get it home..

twinny70--Hope your DH's tooth/jaw is starting to feel a bit better.  Yellowstone and Idaho Falls are close to our old vacation area. The old family cabin is behind Yellowstone about 45 minutes from Idaho Falls. I really enjoyed it out there. I love the cool breeze and view of the mountains. Have fun.

My fbf told me that the hardware store is closing because the original owners are retiring. None of the newer staff want to take it over. What a shame. They had so much knowledge about what you needed for a project. It was just fun to go in there and see what "new" they had. It had charm and you just don't see that too often. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBE 26)

Fressa, I am glad that your weather is sunny and no rain.  Enjoy your Temptations.  I bought a couple of sets at the Outlet Store in PA several years ago.  One set has a Rooster for the lid and the other set is rectangular with a plastic lid.  They are both 1 1/2 & 2 1/2 qt.  A good size for the two of us and a couple more people.  Too bad about the hardware store closing & nobody to take over.  I am not a hardware gal, but we still have a couple of family owned ones & I large one.  Your vacation home was in a beautiful area.  Although we have been in the Western states a few times, it's still beautiful.

My dh has no pain, but his jaw is still swollen.  We are going to the oral surgeon in the morning to get the stitches removed.   

We had an easy day.  After breakfast, we drove to a beautiful water falls near our motel.  Dh slept most of the afternoon.  Getting him to feel full is difficult on yogurt and Jello.  I don't want him to get a dry socket and have to look for another dentist.

Our weather has been fabulous.  50's at night and sunny 70's during the day.  It's a bit windy too. I think it's going to be getting a bit colder in CO, but it's going to be warm in our area from now until we get back home next Tuesday.

We are planning to get to Craig, CO tomorrow.  If it's too far to go, we are planning to go to Rock Springs,  WY.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70---Enjoy yur travels around CO and Wy.  WY was another state that we liked for our late retirement. Hope your DH feels some relief with the tooth and the jaw sooner than later.

Enjoy your trip. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Glad you like your new Temptations set, Fressa.  I have a set from them -- larger and smaller rectangular baking dishes with holders.  They have been quite useful over the years, particularly if I had guests.

It is slightly cooler here -- not supposed to make it to 100 degrees today (a mere 97 degrees), and it was very nice on my walk this morning.  Gigi was in good spirits.

I went by the hospice office for a little while after my haircut yesterday afternoon, and was happy to learn that "my" two ladies who are being moved to another facility will be going to one close to my house.  I am concerned about whether any family members will be there for the move.  If not, I will try to visit them after I visit another patient and make some hospice deliveries.  Don't think I will be able to go to the gym if that happens, but I think the visits are more important than a workout.

I can't believe your DH had another health problem on this trip, Glenda.  At least he was able to find a dental surgeon and have the extraction. Hope that the swelling and any pain go away soon.  You  certainly have some detours when these things happen.  Glad you found some lovely scenery regardless.  I still eat that yogurt myself -- handy to have when you need soft foods.

Today one of my "newcomers" groups went out to lunch at a French restaurant that has a bakery attached.  The food was good, and ended up buying a raspberry almond croissant to take home.  Not a healthy choice, but I'm sure it will be tasty.

The neighborhood newsletter is approved and ready to be distributed on Saturday.  Glad that is finished.

I have my OLLI Zoom class (murder mysteries) this afternoon.  If the class ends early (like it has done the first two weeks), I may try to pick up hospice supplies so that I can deliver them late today or early tomorrow.

Waves to Fressa, Glenda, Bernie, Susan, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I just got done reading your posts. 

The swelling has gone down & my dh had the drainage tube removed this morning. 

Despite this bump in the road, it was a beautiful scenic drive down to Rock Springs, WY.  As I was driving along, we saw a huge Moose right by the Hwy.    We also saw a few deer near the Hwy.   The only thing we haven't seen are Bears.

We are at a nice Wyndham Motel.  I have really enjoyed everything that we have seen so far, places we have gone to & NO cooking for two weeks.  

It's another beautiful sunny 70's day.   The tree's are turning so Fall is in the air.

I forgot that it's so dry out here so my lips are chapped & dry & we had to go to Wal-Mart for Carmex.  

We are heading to CO in the morning.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

@Fressa  you're not kidding about independent family run hardware stores.  It's the same for plumbing supply houses - the big box stores just don't have staff experienced in the hardware, etc. that they are selling.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   If your DH had an abscess forming, he should be on antibiotics for 7 to 10 days.  Please tell me that he's on antibiotics or I will be here in Michigan stressing out for him.  

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte   I'm so glad that the two hospice patients have found a new facility.  It's a shame that they have to go through all of that at this stage of their life journey.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  I see that the oral urgeon placed a drainage tube to get rid of the yuck that you had to know what going to come out of your DH's socket.  I feel better reading that, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--that's good news that your hospice patients will be closer to your area. 

The French lunch sounded wonderful and the bakery treat aftwewards is one of my sugar weaknesses. Enjoy.

I'm becoming a bigger fan of the murder mysteries. There seems to be slim pickings on the movie channels lately. I never can sleep so I need to watch a program that holds my interest or bores me to sleep. 

Have a good afternoon.