Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 30)

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I have a tendency to buy shoes in black, red or wine type color; I rarely buy a brown shoe unless it is unusual in some way with something to offset the brown. I've never noticed any comment about "enter a body" on my posting. Who knows?

Kathleen--I remember your pics from last year's Marine ball. Have you considered gown rental as an option?  Mix and match will make plenty of room for the special event outfit.

Snicks--We are going the third week of May. I've already done the TripAdvisor reviews of hotels and booked our hotels.

I got the Bob Mackie fleece jacket in burgundy. I guess that means I should get some shoes or boots to match? And so it begins!!! The jacket is much better looking than the picture. I had previously had one of these in black and loved it.

Bob Mackie.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean it seems that "enter a body" statement started  when I started having problems signing in posting being lost etc.  It's in the space you type what you want to say....I touch it and it disappears and then Intype my post.

Kathleen , Jean had a good idea about  renting a gown I thought.    nIce jacket Jean.

Honored Contributor

BTW, did not make any dessert today, no biggie, we seldom have dessert, lol. It was not missed.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Jean, you're getting me confused!  I know it's the 30th, but had to give a second thought was to whether or not it's Tuesday or Wednesday!  Cat LOL

Although the weather forecast was "dreary" for the next few days the sun came out for a while, so I took the kids for a drive. I paid the water bill, and the utility company is cheap, cheap, CHEAP - my girls always expect a treat from drive-thrus, and they get them everywhere but there.  I picked up a few things on sale at Publix; I'm trying to use what I've got on hand, but they had a few needs and then I got some flavored waters on sale.  I always call to compliment good cashiers, but today I did the opposite - I noticed that the little old lady in front of me (who was obviously over 80) didn't get her senior discount, and I asked the cashier about it when it was my turn. The ditz was like, "Oh, I keep forgetting." Cat Sad  I felt bad - someone that old woman probably doesn't get a whole lot of money and was clearly shopping for the month; that 5% could be a lot to her. 

I did stop by a Food City that's open; most in the area aren't opening until tomorrow, and I checked out their sales circular.  Can't say I was really impressed, and I don't like the idea of having to use a card.  If they do have something I want I'll just take the sales circular to Walmart where they'll match the price. 

Anyway, I got the room-sized summer closet organized last night; I have some darker colored short-sleeved tops still in the bedroom chest, but all I'll have to do is put them into the plastic bin that awaits them.  When I moved here it was October, and I was all ready with long-sleeved tops and sweaters.  Well, it was so hot that year I didn't even need a jacket until February, so since then I always keep some warm weather things handy.  Tonight's projects are changing the bed (and the resultant laundry) and rearranging the purses on the shelves so the winter ones are more accessible; hopefully I can find a few more things for the thrift shop and/or missions closet.

I've been having problems with this board as well; that "insert body" always appears lately...I'd like to insert the body of the person whose bright idea it was to switch to these crummy boards!  Cat Frustrated The curser always jumps to the message tags box, and now I can't post pictures...plus I have to sign in every time I navigate away from the page.

Jean, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people helped themselves to packages from those trucks; that's the way the world is these days - everyone out for themselves.

LindaL, I have no respect for JCP after seeing the way they treated their employees, plus with their new PC agenda, well...Mr. Penney would be spinning in his grave if he knew.  I also hate the pricing games - marking things at least twice what they're worth, then claiming a sale. 

Glad to hear DH will be going to daycare; the break will be nice for you.

Jean, I have one of those jackets in forest green with an autumn leaf motif; I love autumn leaves, and have a number of outfits with them, including some QF jeans with leaves embroidered down the sides of the legs and a coordinating corduroy shirt and top.  I love Mackie's stuff, and used to enjoy the "old" QF. 

Snicks, I have to get some weeds and branches cut back...I hate yard work; maybe I'll get to it this weekend.  The pool is mostly drained; I'll have to get the rest of the water out, put it in the box, and drag it into the garage.

Guess I'd better get down to work - tomorrow evening I'm going to see the stage version of "Sister Act" and am looking forward to that. Have a blessed evening, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 30)

[ Edited ]

This is a test post just to see if I can do so without multiple log-ins.

So it worked -- go figure.

The lady from church picked up my decorations and large tree.  Some of those decorations were difficult to give up, but I still have plenty.  She told me that the tree will be the centerpiece of the holiday sale (it is a tall one), and I offered to help if they need help.  I did include the instructions, and it is not difficult, but......

Thanks for your support about the adult day services.  I am afraid to get too excited until I see if it works, but if so, I think I'll really enjoy having some "me" time without the guilt of leaving DH on his own.  

The lunch was nice -- good to see some of the people who have been away for the summer.  

Sleep well everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 30)

Finally I was able to log on. Let me see if I can post!!

Linda: fabulous news about the respite care. Hopefully he will benefit and you certainly need a break

I watched the news. Saw all the rain in the NE. Ladies stay safe. Still don't know which route it will take.
Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I easily get days mixed up. I knew it was Wednesday so don't ask me why I said Tuesday. I remember that jacket in forest green with the autumn leaves. I always thought it was pretty. I do hope you enjoy Sister Act.

I did order the IM TSV boots. I can be either an 8 or an 8-1/2 depending upon how the shoe is made. Time will tell if I guessed correctly. There is also an SG jacket that is an upcoming TSV which I like. I'm more of a jacket-aholic than a shoe/boot-aholic

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Ahhh sweet mysteries of life, I love my......... new chocolate brown boots.

They and three bags of pigeon food were on the front porch waiting for me when I arrived home.

Can't wait to spray them and wear them - will probably do the spraying over the weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise