Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 30)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. We are in the second day of continual rains and a recently released flash flood warnings. Those streams can quickly overflow their banks when a deluge hits thus flowing over some low lyiing roads.

I saw a pic of one of the Fed-Ex semi wrecks. It  was one of those tandem trucks so it was an accordian mess on Interstate and then over the hill with packages all over. I don't know if anyone had quick "Christmas shopping." Who would know?

I've been busy planning a trip to Branson. My friend has to make vacation requests several months in advance, so she just got an approval. She considers it a fun time without the DH as he doesn't like to do things that involves anything other than hunting, etc. We will be driving, so I've booked a room on the way and also one on the return. We'll take the shorter southern route on the way but on the way back, we'll take the northern route for a little diversity.

I'm looking at the IM boot TSV. I might indulge in it. I can blame "Boot Girl" for getting me in the mood for another pair of boots.

Bernie--You definitely have some neat fashions and accessories on yur way.  Also, Snicks--you are also motivating us to indulge in some buying frenzy. Smiley Happy

Linda--I am so glad that the approval has been secured for DH's program. I know that this is a big relief to you.

Obvioiusly, I'm not working today but I am going to drive out to the school and pick up my check. I do work tomorrow but I want the check today. I love the feel of money in hand. It is the only check that I do not have electronically deposited.

I really don't need the TSV. I can remember when several items from the T-Fal line was pushed on the Q.

Have a great day. If you shop,  shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning!  There was a horrific wreck here earlier - I am still amazed at how awful the traffic is and it kind of takes the joy out of weekend activities. Who knows what happens to any of our packages along their way!  I thought of it a couple years ago when a package was routed to a dock in Georgia.  And who can forget the movie "Castaway" with the FedEx packages?  I made a mortgage payment once that never arrived, and also mailed a tax return from Austin to Austin that never made it.  Strange.

Let's see if this posts this time.  I've mostly run out of patience with qvc but I'm quite attached to y'all so here I am again.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--It is so good to see you posting. Yes, it is a wonder that we don't have more package mishaps in shipping than what does happen. Of course, things would be replaced but when one expects something to be delivered on time for a special event, it is very frustrating.

I really should see the IM boots presented but part of me l ikes the wedge heel but people who have already purchased it from the Insider have given it good reviews.

IM1.JPG

IM2.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Whoohoooo!  So, I've been looking at boots this morning.  DH loves my boots with heels, but the pair that I wore all over the place had to be retired.  I have another pair but the heel is a bit high and I've never worn them a lot. 

I also found a comforter/duvet cover in 2 beautiful patterns that I love.  Found the purpley duvet set online and ordered, and immediately started angst-ing about the other pattern, more blue and purple comforter.  After looking around I think I will like the one I ordered best, but that remains to be seen.  It's very hard for me to find a bedding pattern that I love enough to buy. 

I went to a new Celebrate Recovery group last night and it was a breath of fresh air!  I have a Friday ladies group from a new church that I haven't tried yet, and looking forward to spending a little time with others.

Respected Contributor

Journee Collection Kay Women's Strappy Tall Boots

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS

[ Edited ]

Kathleen--Nice boots. I am sure with the appropriate outfit these boots would great. I can't wear boots that are that high on the leg. Usually the calf is a problem. I am just too conservative. Good job on finding the duvet and a great place to worship.

Honored Contributor

Good morning KK, RC and all who follow. Thanks for starting us off this morning, KK. Glad you are enjoying a day off mid-week. I like the looks of the IM boots, as well as the boots you posted RC. My back and legs have gotten to the point that heels are a problem for me, so will pass, I do love shoes/boots with heels though. I miss being able to wear them. I don't need the TSV either, haven't even looked at it so far. Glad you found bedding you like RC. I do like the anorak jacket, it is by no means a jacket for warmth, as it is thin, but I like the style and it fits me great. (we can blame or thank birdmama for that as she posted about it and that's why I even knew where to find it, lol). I'm just in from cleaning out my Iris bed, that is about it for outside fall cleanup until leaves fall. I actually do have leaves on the ground, but you would not know it to look at the trees, not too many have even changed color yet. I think I am going to clean the kitchen floor, make a pot of chili and maybe dessert of some sort, then I have a hair apptmt late this afternoon. That's about it for my day. Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS

[ Edited ]

Hello all - I'm on a conference call, blah, blah, blah (lol). 

The wedge boots and heeled boots are sexy in their own way.  Jean and Kathleen are you buying them in black?  I suppose I should break down and buy a black pair of boots (lol).

I called JCP early this morning before I left for work.  Got a nice girl Debbie who said it seemed suspicious that my order hadn't gone anywhere for a couple of days.  She checked further and said the items were backordered until 9-29 and she expected them to ship really soon.  Debbie even said she would check again tomorrow.

I mentioned how I have shopped JCP for 35 years and that I promote the store at every opportunity.  She loaded some reward points to my account for that.  I wasn't looking for anything - I was being sincere.  The store had been my source for clothing my entire adult life.

Debbie and I wonder if somehow the gift card usage is the reason for delay.  All she told me was don't throw out the card and I laughed and said, I have it in the pendaflex in the cabinet with my AMEX.  No worries - not throwing anything out until I make sure everything fits :-)

That's my excitement for the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--I remember wearing heels back when the heel height was high and the heels skinny with so-so support. I now like a broader support and a lower heel but usually don't go beyond 2 inches. Enjoy your hair appointment; it is those little things that are a treat not to mention you feel renewed.

Bernie--I  haven't bit on the boots yet. If I did, I would likely get a wine-like color. It is good that you called JCP to find the reason for the  delay. It is nice that you were given some extra points. That is customer service trying to keep a good customer happy.

I did receive the earrings I ordered; they are keepers. I also got my check and deposited most of it in the bank and kept some for cash. I  have a debit card but rarely use the ATM to get cash.

I'll be working Thursday and Friday, so I think I'll take a break with the Kindle and give Midnight an opportunity to curl up with me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 30)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Hope you have a good day off.  I remember years ago a local radio station had a contest where you could win a "day off with pay".  Basically, they gave you the amount that you would have earned that day.  I don't know how they squared the day off with the employers, but I always thought about how nice that would be.  Not that I didn't enjoy work, but work is work.

No TSV for me -- I have George Foreman grill that serves this purpose.  I have seen some T-Fal in Wal-Mart, but I moved on to other brands years ago.  

Both pairs of boots look nice, but I don't think either one will be coming to me.  First, no need for boots, and heels are a problem for my feet -- even the wedge ones.  Oh well....

DD said they had a bad storm last night, and they are expecting more and more rain.  Guess that several areas are in the storm path.  Meanwhile, no clouds in the sky here, and predicted record high temperatures for today and tomorrow (102 degrees.)  

Glad you found a good Celebrate Recovery group, and hope your new church experience is good, Kathleen.  I'm very happy when you post, but I know it can be a pain.

Happy you like your new jacket, snicks.  It and the other things Bernie ordered look very nice indeed.  I love iris, but I haven't seen any around here except cut ones for sale sometimes.  Enjoy your chili and good for you with cleaning the kitchen floor.  My kitchen floor seems like a magnet for dirt.  Just get it cleaned, and it is dirty again.  Glad you are getting your hair done.

Hi Bernie -- glad you got such a helpful person at JCP.  Arlene had a very bad experience working there.  I have had various experiences there -- some good and some not so good. 

Waves to Arlene (saw the FB pictures of the "Girls NIght Out" party, and they were great), twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Rosa, Charlene, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I met with the head of the adult day services this morning, and everything went great.  He will start next Wednesday -- fingers crossed that it will go well.

We will be going to a "newcomers" lunch today, and we may go to the grocery store later.  Not sure about that, but I know DH likes to go out.

I have gathered Christmas decorations for donation to the church holiday bazaar, and I'll see when they can pick them up.  I still have quite a large number of decorations, but one day at a time as we say.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda