Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT 16)

Greetings, shopping friends. It was a nippy 47 degrees when I awakened this morning. It is a reminder to have my person come and check out the heating system as it wasn't done last year. Last thing I want it to do is go kaput in zerio weather.

I slept well last night so I had energy today to do some decluttering, and post a couple of items for sale on FB. One is already gone.  I also put out another bird feeder where I had one a few years ago and attracted birds. I don't give up easily but if the birds are now choosy, that is their problem.

Since it was so nippy this morning, I turned on the TV in time to see a Denim and Co. jacket A295714 which looked so warm for nippy mornings and evening. The burgundy  is coming home to me.

I will be going to the city tomorrow to pick  up my WalMart grocery order and to have my nails done.  Hopefully, I can take some items for donation when I go.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely and if you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT 16)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and sunny today. I plan on picking up a prescription and doing some banking. I may venture some bits of grocery shopping. We'll see how that pacing myself effort works today. ha ha!!!

The township returned yesterday to do finish the edging on the manhole cover with balcktop. We all thought they were done but they are now. Good to see our tax $$ at work.

I did order the TSV today. These look silmilar to the comforters that I have on the sofas in the family room. The dogs are on those so I like to have a blanket or something on them. I did notice that the microfiber fabric just washes and dries better than some of the other covers that I've been using. I picked the sand although I liked the grey as well. The sand will blend better with the furniture although the grey would be more practical. Decisions, decisions.....

I finally received an email from one of the charities that they are starting their donation pick ups. I hopt to make the list for the items that I have stacked in the kennel room and book a pick up time. 

The Kuerig website is having a sale on K-cups. I shop in bulk and store them in those plastic bins. (CODE---ALLTHEBEST20)  

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope you like your new jacket.  It looks nice.  Glad you slept well, and have been able to sell an item on FB.  DD said it was quite cool in Maryland this morning, but not here for sure.  At least it was okay on my walk (not too hot).

My plant-based diet OLLI class yesterday was interesting, but I am pretty sure that I am unwilling to switch to a totally plant-based diet.  Hopefully, I will find some good recipes, etc.  Just eating a lower fat/low cholesterol diet has resulted in some changes (like a smaller middle), and hopefully will result in lower cholesterol.

Hope you like the TSV, Fressa.  I thought they looked nice and hopefully will protect your furniture well.  Glad to hear about the donation pick-up renewal.  Not sure I need that many Keurig pods, but I will need to check it out.  Thanks for the information.

The handyman is due at 11:30, and I have a hair cut appointment scheduled for this afternoon.  That is plenty of excitement for one day during COVID time.   

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Enjoy the TSV; it looks as if it would do a great job of protecting the furniture. That is a great opportunity to pick up K-Cups. Knowing that the donation pick ups are now possible, it is an incentive to find things for it.

Linda--I think I would enoy your temps more. I would not be interested in a total plant diet but incorporating various plants in the diete should bwes helpful in lowering cholesterol. Keeping cholesterol low is a challenge.

I went out and attempted to murder some weeds but ran out of weed killer. Hopefully what I did will make a big dent. I also called and left a message for the person to check out my heating system. I am now listening to the Governor's talk regarding COVID-19, etc. I'll soon be off to read.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Cute jacket Jean @KonaKat 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Fressa   I thought about buying one of the TSVs for the recliner but I could never decide on a color. 

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  good luck incorporating plants into your diet.  Jean is right, cholesterol is a tough one. I know that for a fact Woman Wink