Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME ((WEDNESDAY, OCT. 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but cool day but with temps expected to reach the low 60s.

Today's date of the 23rd has a special meaning for me. It was on this date in August that I was admitted for a "vacation" in the hospital for six days. Time passes so quickly and it will be a reminder that things can change for quickly,

This week I have started back on watching what I eat plus exercising. When I first came home from the hospital, I could barely do 5 minutes without problems compared to the hour I did on the bike previously. Now, it is a gradual rebuilding process.

I ordered the Periea set of collapsanble storage boxes featured this morning. Organizing is another thing I need to get back to doing as things can quickly get out of hand.

I do hope Linda feels better soon as well as any other person experiencing an illness.

I need to go to town to the Post Office and then this afternoon take my beloved mouser to the vet 40 miles away. Neither one of us enjoys that trip when he is in the car.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME ((WEDNESDAY, OCT. 23)

Jean, it doesn't seem like 2 months since you were in the hospital for 6 days.  I try to watch what I eat, but it's difficult when we go to weddings, anniversary parties etc.  I remember when I did 5 minutes on my recumbent bike 3 times a day.  Good luck with taking Midnight to the Vet.  After being a rainy cloudy day yesterday, it's a beautiful sunny 50's day today.

I am getting my infusion & all is going well.  It's a very nice infusion center and the nurses are wonderful.

Wewill be eating lunch out when I am done & then I want to go to the Farm and Fleet nearby to see if I can but the fleece shirts that our F & F didn't have last Saturday.

Then a nap is going to happen when we get back home because I got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I do hope your infusion went well. My cousin is having them and the first two didn't bother her but the one this week "wiped her out" as she put it, Dining out makes it hard to watch what you eat. I know there are all kinds of advice regarding what and how to eat but the reality is that if there is something you rarely have and like, it is likely not going to be ignored or eaten with just five bites for the taste of it.  Enjoy your time out!

Since Midnight's appointment is so late, I might make a run to Arby's near there for a salad to bring home. I don't make good salads so Arby's and Wendy's often make my salads,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, the only side effects from my infusions is drowsiness which I can sleep off in a couple of hours.  It will be interesting what my neurologist will say about this new drug that I have been getting when I see him tomorrow.  This is my 4th time at this clinic.  He was always amazed that I didn't get horrible headaches & always asked me if I took pain meds before my infusion.  NO!  I don't.

I like to go to Arby's for the small roast beef sandwich with the Arby sauce and a bit of the horseradish sauce.  Our nearest one is 22 miles S. of us in IL.  We usually go to one when we are on vacation.

Since we had breakfast early II am getting hungry.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You are fortunate to have few side effects from your infusions. I also like Arby's roast beef as well as their reuben sandwiches. When things like that are rare here, they can taste gourmet.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I am with twinny -- hard to believe that your hospital stay was two months ago.  Glad you are getting back to watching what you eat and exercising.  That is important.

Hope Midnight does okay on the car ride and at the vets.  

You are so right about things accumulating.  Not long ago, I went through my dresser and eliminated quite a few things, but yesterday, I found that several things had fallen out the back of the drawers and ended up blocking me closing the bottom drawer.  Not fun trying to get the items out, especially since I was feeling so poorly.

Glad your infusions seem to work so well for you, twinny.  That is a blessing.  It is funny how hard it is to stick to a healthy eating plan when you go to parties, etc.  I ate a lot in Italy, but I guess all the walking I did balanced it out.  I know that I am lucky that way.

I ended up ordering a blowout clearance item  -- some IM pants that I had been interested in during the past sale, but were even lower priced.  I know that they cannot be returned, and I am willing to sacrifice the price (less than $15 with S&H)  if they don't work out.  But, I think they will based on previous purchases of similar pants.  Not a need for sure, but.....

I am feeling better today, but certainly not back to my old self.  At least I am able to stay awake for a few hours and able to eat breakfast.  That is big progress since I slept much of yesterday after going to the clinic and getting my prescription -- off and on, plus ate very little.  The clinic suggested Theraflu, and it helped (I think) in addition to the prescription medication.  I even took a walk this morning -- not as long as usual, but at least I was able to walk without feeling wiped out.

That is terrible about your washer giving you a hard time Fressa.  Definitely should keep going for more than five years.  Hope you continue to be able to keep it working.

There is an Arby's nearby, but I have not gone there is quite a while.  I may just try it once I feel better.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I hope Midnight is okay Jean.

Not much going on with me today.  Still waiting for my jeans and coatigan to be shipped by JCP.  I'm surprised that it's taking this long.  They were having one heck of a sale so maybe they were overwhelmed with orders.

It's windy again today which is making it feel even colder outside.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it was -22° this morning, but no wind.  I put  a pair of Cuddle Duds on under my long pants and it didn't feel that cold out. It did put a "spring in my step" though.  Your new booties sound very comfy.  I am glad that you clarified about the mental health issues.  Turning 40 was fun for both of us.  Turning 70 was challenging to say the least.

Linda L, I am glad that your vein procedure went well.  It would be nice if you could quit getting your Prolia shots too.

Jean, it was nice that you got to leave school early and still get full pay.

Fressa, our last big bad ice storm was 03/04/77.  I called work & said that I wasn't coming in.  My DH was only 1 1/2 blocks from his Frito Lay plant and worked about 16 hours to make up for the absent employees.  Our recent  mini ice storm was short lived.  Thank goodness. We got 4" of light fluffy snow yesterday which was manageable. Your driveway sounds challenging.

Cerb. I am glad that your son has a job.  Right now I am on book #4 of a 4 book series by Lori Wick.  She is a Christian author and this series takes place in the CO Rockies back in the 1800's.  I hope that the worst of your cold is over with.

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted to all of you and just realized that it was a post from 10/23/19.  Huh??

How I did that, I have no idea.

It's a cold -22° day, but no wind so it wasn't bad getting groceries. I had cuddle duds under my long pants, mittens, boots and a scarf with a fleece coat.  Yes, one of the joys of winter for me.

Our couples Valentine's Day party yesterday was nice.  The one man band was good as were the treats afterwards.  Now I just hope that our picture looks good. Since we were there we decided to go to the gym. We were the only two there.

We had a light lunch and then we enjoyed the hot tub.

In about an hour we are heading to the Wellness Center, then the library just a few blocks away and ending up at the Blue Ox for supper.  It's good that we can do it all in the same outing.

No big plans for the weekend yet.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I copied your post to today's thread, twinny.  Sounds way too cold there for me.