Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, OCT 11)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was to work today but got a call at 6am that the teacher had made a typo and put in the wrong date, so the actual date is tomorrow. That is fine as I am very tired and fighting a sore throat and coughing.

I'm watching the Weather Channel right now to get an update on the fire situation out west, which is a very sad situation. So much doom and despair in so many places.

I haven't bought anything other than some grocery fill ins this week. I do have a cardiologist appointment on Friday. It seems that each time I turn on the Q I see holiday programming.  I saw some nice VPH candles just before I turned to the Weather Channel but I'm not in the market for any holiday decorations.

I'll likely go to bed after I have lunch to rest and try to get rid of this bug, so I can work tomorrow as that is a very good assignment.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, OCT 11)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have a day to rest, plus the promise of work tomorrow.  Those fires in CA are terrible.  I know some of those areas are usually beautiful, but now in ruins, and the loss of life and injuries are awful.  

Can't say that I haven't been shopping this month or even week.  But, I'm trying to put a halt to "want" shopping for a while.  I had a call saying that my new glasses are ready (quite early), so I'm hoping to pick them up this afternoon.  

Happy Birthday to Linda R.

I had a nice walk this morning -- not too hot or cold (upper 60's), but they are predicting more hot weather for this afternoon, and no rain.  Like you, I prefer hot to cold, so I'm not complaining.

DH has developed a couple "bed sores", which is not good.  Hopefully, moving him around more and a cream they are using will help.  He was more awake yesterday, thank goodness.  

I have an OLLI class (about the media) this afternoon, so I plan to visit him this morning.  I made some banana bread for his afternoon/evening caregiver which I plan to leave in the office.  

Need to get ready to visit DH now.  Waves to all of our posters and readers. Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. to Bernie -- do tell us about your new car purchase when you have a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You do a great job of shopping so if  you recently have indulged then it isn't one done without serious consideration. Even "wants" can be good for us at times if we give it great thought. I am so sorry that DH is experiencing bed sores.  I am wondering about Bernie's car purchase also and join you in wishing LindaR a happy birthday.

I made a mistake of watching the TSV presentation. I liked it and could see these being used so I indulged. I love geometrics so I bought that version despite liking some prints from it and also from the geometrics.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, 

Stopped at the post office this morning for Halloween and Christmas stamps! Hope all of you have a nice day, 

Image result for good afternoon fall images

Trusted Contributor

For some reason, I can't post or heart this morning.  

Getting a slow start, as I was hanging on the phone over 35 minutes, just to get my prolia shot refill completed.  Really wish, that simple job could be simple.

Today low 70s and I'm thrilled.

I think we'll grill tonight, so more housework for me and exercise.  That's about all I have on my plate today.

@KonaKat  Hoping you feel better soon.

@LindaLatte  I do hope your DH's bed sores are short-lived, that is troubling.  That poor sweet man, blessings to him.

@meallen616  Cute pic., thank you.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.  Keep those CCs in the drawer, I know mine will be there.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @kittyfan

Image result for birthday balloons

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Nissan Altima

Image result for 2017 nissan altima java metallic

I have 20 years experience with Nissans.  Here's how I came to buy this car - no joke:

Hmm I think I want a new car (spring)

I'm used to a BEIGE interior, wonder if Nissan has any with that?

Geez I wish they would not have stopped making the Versa, I'd buy another one

My dealer sure has some ugly cars in inventory

Forget about it for months

Sister mentions on Monday that her 10 year old Honda is giving her issues (we've dumped $$$ into that car).

I remember that I wanted to buy a new car

Check my dealer's inventory - still pretty ugly

What?  There is a new local Nissan dealer - when did that happen?  Wonder what they got for the year end event?

Hey two Altimas - blue with BEIGE interior

Hey one Altima - java brown metallic with BEIGE interior

I never had a brown car before

Reach out to dealer on Tuesday to see if car is available (not bait and switch) - make an appointment and tell girl unless the car is double ugly, will probably buy it.

Decide I will trade in husband's old Camaro and feel like I am going to either cry or vomit on the way to dealer

Meet Ryan in the sunshine - car is beautiful, I say yea I like it

Ryan says, ummm don't you want to sit inside the car and check it out?

I say, well okay, just remember you don't have to hard sell me.

Honored Contributor

I will give my sister my 7 year old Versa.  I need to have new tires put on it on Friday (day off on Friday and Monday).

I thought the trade in amount was fair for the Cricket (my Camaro).  I could probably get more from a Camaro purist - I have it going on at work and don't have time to show the car and haggle.

I got good discounts on the car.  I'm putting about 70% of the price of the car down and will take advantage of zero percent interest on the rest for 4 years.  I know me, I will pay it off before then.

I will pick it up tomorrow.  I could have gone today but I need some time to say goodbye to the Cricket.  I need to get any and all tears out tonight.  I know, it makes no sense, just a car.  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to Linda R.

Image result for happy birthday to you images