Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, NOV. 2)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I haven't been super productive today, but I did take my walk and visit DH.  They were just starting chair Zumba when I arrived, and I really enjoy doing that.  DH can't really do any of the moves, but he claps and shouts/calls out sometimes.  And enjoys watching me.  I fed him lunch, and we walked around several times.  It is nice here today -- highs in the 70's and sunny.  So, we walked outside as well as our regular inside walking.  We called his DD, and she was happy to have the day off during the week and a chance to enjoy the lovely Fall weather.

I have my foreign policy class this afternoon, and I hope to make it to the bank and maybe the store as well.  But, that may need to wait until after class.  

I signed up for the trip, and eventually agreed that she could pay half  I'm pretty excited about the trip.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny snicks, Bernie, Charlene, Susan, Marijane, 3suwm5 (I'm praying for your friend), meallen, Essie, Karen, Gayle, Rosa, Barbara, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, NOV. 2)

Image result for had a great day pics

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone and thanks @LindaLatte for the start. Sometimes it's good to not be super productive, at least that's what I tell myself, lol. We do need to let out bodies relax and recoup once in ahwile. But it does sound like you were busy anyway. So happy that your visit with DH was nice, also fun for you. I'm also glad to hear that your have agreed to the trip and letting DIL pay for at least part of it. It's her way of showing her appreciation to you and I think that is nice. She does know that you need a break and I'm sure she knows your love of travel. Where will the trip take you to? If you mentioned it, I missed it somehow.

I've  just spent the morning working on more leaves. There are still lots on the trees, but if I waited for them all to be down it's just too much all at once for me to deal with. I'm inside now, the wind has picked up and rain should start at any time, so I am seeing more leaves falling as I type, lol.

That is the extent of my day, hope everyone is having a good one. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Linda, it Is nice that your DH at least responds in his own way to chair zumba.  My mom did that & enjoyed it.  I am so glad that you will be taking a vacation soon.

SNICK's. We had severe thunderstorms in the night.  We are having above normal temps all week.  We only 2 trees, but lots of leaves.

Yesterday I was an emotional mess.  The lawyer called me back & asked me to take some of mom's bank accounts to him today.  I have had them sitting around for 3 weeks.  I thought he was going to tell me to come in this week.  He said that he will call me in 2-3 weeks to go over things.  Then I remembered that he never mentioned two other things that we talked about 3 weeks ago.  Then the tears flowed.  Being mom's PR is the worst job I have ever had.

I dropped off the papers this morning, after breakfast out & did some quick shopping.

I made spaghetti & meatballs for dinner.  Just need to do some bread sticks.  I bought a little Cherry cheesecake for my nieces 30th birthday.  It will be fun to have her little girl here too.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Evening All, just a quick stop by as the Cubs are in the "winner take all" game tonite, so we'll all be on edge. Should they win I'm sure my neighborhood park will be a big party, & I shall attend. So now it's nail biting time. Have a good evening all Essie
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies -- I've been busy around the house today.  Made chicken tortilla soup for dinner, the house smells wonderful.

@LindaLatte  Happy to hear your DH is having fun with activities.  Your trip should be so much fun, enjoy!!

@meallen616 - thanks for the quote

@Snicks1 - we had a huge yard with many trees and lots of bushes.  I really started hating yardwork at that house.  It was a long process each year to get it cleaned up.  It seemed the leaves never stopped falling.  Shortly thereafter, the snow would fly and the shoveling would begin.  It was exhausting.

@twinny70  I am so sorry to hear about the awful time you are having with the attorney and your Mom's things.  It is so frustrating to deal with paperwork and accounts, etc.  Your dinner sounds good and should be fun, enjoy it.

@spix Yes, last game tonight.  Wonder who will win, it's been so up and down for both teams.  It amazes me how one team can blow past the other on one night and then the total opposite the next night.  It's crazy.

Enjoy your evening ladies, may the best bball team win!!  Keep those CCs under wraps.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello, better late then never, lol.  I had a day at work.  I made it through though and am staring at my house phone and cell phone waiting for it to ring.  My SIL in AZ called last night and said her surgeon was able to squeeze her in for kidney removal (cancer) today at noon (their time).  I've had one eye on the cell phone since 3pm my time.  I keep telling myself, Bernie, these things take time and maybe the family is waiting until she's out of recovery and into a room.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello, better late then never, lol.  I had a day at work.  I made it through though and am staring at my house phone and cell phone waiting for it to ring.  My SIL in AZ called last night and said her surgeon was able to squeeze her in for kidney removal (cancer) today at noon (their time).  I've had one eye on the cell phone since 3pm my time.  I keep telling myself, Bernie, these things take time and maybe the family is waiting until she's out of recovery and into a room.

@Bird mama  best of luck to your SIL and the whole family for a routine outcome.Heart

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, prayers for your sil, her family & peace of mind for you.  Even though I know that God has me in the palm of his hand, I still  dislike anxious monents.