Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, NOV. 18)

Hi Everyone, It's been a fairly blah day today, just did some laundry,and spent time shopping online for a duvet cover at Macy's. I haven't been sleeping well for days now, and hope having less layers to deal with on the bed will be helpful. My littlest kitty loves to snuggle, and I have no idea how to work around him when trying to turn over etc. I'm always afraid I'll bump him or something.

It's getting dark already, and it's not even 4:00 yet... It doesn't exactly energize me. lol I'll go to the store tomorrow to pick up the turkey breasts for Thanksgiving. I want to get that done, and anything else can wait until the weekend. It's not too cold out, just dreary. Some posters mentioned snow coming their way this weekend, but as far as I know we aren't getting any. It's certainly time, but not something I look forward to. Wishing everyone a good evening! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Just checking in to say hi to all of you.  I will read your posts tonight.  After mom being asleep yesterday with no visit from us, she was ready to go to the band that was playing this afternoon.  One of my classmates was the drummer, there were 2 accordion players, one gal on the keyboard & a gal playing the harmonica.  It brought back good memories as I played almost every song that they did when I was taking lessons--many years ago.  I am still waiting for a call about mom moving into her "new place" on Friday.  We had heavy rain & high winds during the night which kept me awake far too long.  Today was the calm before the storm as cold weather will be coming tomorrow with snow on Saturday.  DH & I both have 6 mo. Dr. visits tomorrow a.m. & then after lunch we plan to take mom to her place to see what she wants to take for her move on hopefully Friday.  I explained to her this afternoon what we will do tomorrow & she seems very hesitant.  I would be too if I were in her situation, but we are only doing what is best for her & it is very evident that she cannot live by herself at this time.  Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening Ladies!  Sorry it is so late, but it has been a busy day.  Most of the morning was spent trying to get my driver's license.  I ended up making four visits to motor vehicles and four to the eye doctor's office over the course of three days.  First, I had to wait in a long line to get the form to take to the eye doctor on Monday.  Then, I had my eye exam yesterday afternoon.  I took the form to motor vehicles, and the people in Phoenix (where they need to fax the forms) thought the form looked altered (the doctor had gone over some of her marks).  So, then I got a new form, and took it down to the doctor's office.  She was busy, and they told me that they would call me if she filled out the form (so I could come back and pick it up.)  They called yesterday afternoon (about closing time), and told me that I could pick up the form this morning.

So, I dropped off DH at the club (went fine), and then picked up the form and went right to motor vehicles.  After waiting for about an hour, they said that the doctor failed to write the exam date on the new form.  So, I had to drive back to the eye doctor's office, get the date added and initialed, take the form back to motor vehicles, wait for the people in Phoenix to say it was okay, and finally, finally got my license.  

Then, I only had a few minutes to make it to the newcomers lunch at a local restaurant.  After lunch, I came home and changed -- went to the gym.  Came back in time for the plumber to show up, and left him while I picked up DH.  The plumber replaced the ring in the toilet, drained the hot water heater, and checked the insulation on the outdoor pipes.  I paid the plumber, and finally had a chance to get back to posting.  

Needless to say, I am ready for a nap.

Glad you had a quiet day twinny, and I really hope things go okay with your Mom's new home.  Difficult time for all involved.

Interesting about your DH's relatives, Charlene.  I hope the dinner went okay, and that his brother didn't try to hit him up for money or whatever.  I think it must be so difficult to grow up in a family like your DH's.  While my parents weren't perfect, they were so much better than your DH's family or Arlene's Mom for example.

Sorry some of you are having nasty weather, and I hope no one has problems with flooding, etc.  

Guess I better start thinking about dinner.  Fortunately, I have some leftovers that will be a good start.

Waves to LindaR, Rosa, Arlene, pinky ann, snicks, Bernie, Marijane, Susan, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I am late to the party again.  JEAN, I hope that you made it to get groceries before the storms come your way.  We had bad storms in the night, but today is balmy again.  The nicest fall I can ever remember for sure.  I am ready for the white stuff when it comes our way.  ROSA, I hope that you don't get real bad storms in your area.  LINDA R, That was a funny puppy story & your billfold--not to you though was it?  LINDA L, I hope that you had good luck today at the DMN.  I also hope that your DH had a nice time at his club today.  CERB, Since your in-laws are crazy, it is probably a good idea to meet at a nice restaurant.  Too bad about the puppy & his carpet damage.  FHG, Yes it would be so much fun to live by each other so we could have a nice meal out & lots of good laughs.  I have never been to a Cheesecake Factory, but one is supposed to be opening up in a mall in our capitol city soon.  I plan to go for my birthday in January as it will be crazy during the shopping season I am sure.  I hope that your duct work will get fixed real soon.  PINKY ANN, Enjoy your new comforter.  I bought a new all seasons one on Monday so I can't wait to start using it.  I also bought 2 star like Chrristmas wreaths to hang on our 2 front doors.  I gave away the lighted wreaths that we have been having on the doors.  I also bought the cutest white owl to go with my little snow white owls as my tree has a forest theme to it.  I also dislike darkness at 4:30.  Makes me want to go to bed at 7:30.  I love snow as long as we don't get a foot at a time.  We will send that much snow to our DS & DDIL in the Boston area.  Just not at Christmas time when they will be flying home.  SNICKS, I am wishing your DD & her family good luck on their cross country move.  How fun to fix for that many people & get some good visiting in.  BIRD MAMA, Enjoy your haul of new clothes.  You will certainly be the "belle of the ball."  Wear them in good health.  I did some damage on Monday, but it was sooooo much fun.  SYDSGMA, If you read this I would like to know if your port ever gets more puffed up & itchy after your infusions.  Mine has been bothering me since my infusion last Friday.  I see my GP tomorrow & need to tell her that I have had a bit of a stiff neck for about 10 days.  Right now I am blaming it on stress.