Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 4th)

Good Afternoon!  Hope your weather is okay, and your Wednesday is going well.  It is sunny and dry here with a high of 87 degrees predicted.

The hospice volunteer coordinator made another small error with the mailings, so I went to the office to get the correct envelopes before going to the Post Office to send them off.  Then, I stopped by the senior lunch program to deliver the two banana breads that I made yesterday evening (they had more leftover bananas).  Then, I went to drop off some donations at my favorite thrift store.  Needless to say, my plans to do a bunch of cleaning today have been postponed until this afternoon.  

Hope that Glenda and her DH are having another fun adventure today.   I think Jean was taking back one of her tests today.  Not sure when she will get the results.  Interesting about your DIL, Fressa.  I have learned that not asking too many questions of my DD and others is the best way to handle things.  Hope it all works out for her.

DD was telling me about the Air B&B they have rented in South Carolina when they are looking for a new house -- sounds very nice, and the price for a townhouse with three bedrooms, etc., etc., is less than I paid for less time at a hotel near DD's home.  She told me that youngest DGS and his friends have had great luck with the Air B&B's they  have rented.  Have any of you tried them?  Not sure if it is the way to go for a single person, but sounds really good for a couple or family.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 4th)

[ Edited ]

Linda L,  it's been in the 80's since Sunday and will get hottest next week.   We have only gotten an hour of rain a few days ago so we are happy about the weather.  I know nothing about Air B&B.  It sounds like a nice place for a reasonable $.  

First thing this morning we went over the  very long bridge & stepped a toe into Louisiana. We will be heading to Louisiana tomorrow for a couple of days.  New Orleans isn't in the works.  It's too busy & we don't want to fight traffic.   Then we came back  over to MS & went to the National Military Park for a driving tour. It was  very interesting. 

We had a great lunch at Walnut Hills in Vicksburg, MS.  We got there at 10:30 & they said they don't open until 11:00. We sat outside when a nice guy asked where we were from & where we were going to.  He gave us a few good ideas on how to get  around Louisiana and how to get back on the Natchez Trace Pkwy.  I enjoyed three days of driving through the entire thing which is 444 miles.  

We are now in Natchez & back from some sightseeing.   it's another hot day  so we are enjoying our A/C room.  We are hoping to have another good night's sleep.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

ETA: I forgot to mention what we had for lunch. We both chose the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy on the side, coleslaw. It included two types of mini breads, iced tea and peach cobbler for $12 each + tax & tip.  We are eating leftovers for dinner tonight. The other choice was a chicken breast and all the trimmings too.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte 

I was happy to see the sun break through the clouds at around 11 am when I was on my way home from Home Depot.  I bought a pair (packaged that way) of foldable lawn chairs and they were delivered yesterday.  One chair was perfect, the other one had some powdercoat missing on the bottom stablizer bar at the bottom.  We're talking a pair of chairs for $155 - I returned them to the store and reordered another set.  Hopefully the next set will be fine.

I treated myself to 2 50 foot lightweight garden hoses - not those kind that collapse or anything.  I'm tired of fighting the hosemobile and the heavy rubber hoses.

You were really busy today, the house can wait until tomorrow Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Love your reports from the road Glenda @twinny70 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama  that's too bad about the damaged lawn chair.  Good luck with getting two more.  My dh has a hose for the hot tub, the lawn & washing the Subaru.  All different lengths & weights.

It's been in the upper 80's for a few days and they say it's 10° higher than normal.  I have no idea how they can survive for so many months of hot weather.  In the winter I can add another layer, but I can only take so much off.  So far I have worn 1 pair of long pants/ls shirt,  4 of my skorts/tops &  now I am wearing shorts/ short sleeved tops.  It's a good thing we brought lots of clothes & shoes with us.   am not doing laundry until we get back home.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----

My BF's brother and sil are big fans of the B&B. They are both retired and started to take road trips to various B&B's. That grew into getting a camper and focusing on the state parks. They did research on line thru AAA and other travel sources to learn more about which ones were better or tips as to how to choose.   

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---It sounds like you are having such a good time. The food sounds great! Thank you for taking the time to post and sharing some of the adventure. I miss our road trips but reading about your's puts a smile on my face. 

I remember my Mom talking about her trip to MardiGra to meet my Dad. It was pretty bold for her back in those days.

Enjoy every minute of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--Finally got the call from the water heater guy that he'll be here today. I sure hope there aren't any "surprises". This is just the inspection for the install and I still have to order the tank. He'll also give me quotes for a gas generator so we have an idea. 

The storm we had the other night blew off a few shingles. I have to get a roof this season. No wonder I have migraines. I think (ignoring the cost) just getting people here to give your quotes is a challenge. Honestly, you would think they would run to get the job.