Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 23)

Good afternoon shopping friends. I didn't see the thread started so here we go!

I had my Echo test today, got my hair colored and styled, and had lunch with a friend. I had read that chain restaurants are now required to list estimated calorie count by each item, and saw that was true today. I had grilled tilapia with a double serving of steamed veggies as it was a late lunch and I hoped all I would need in the evening would be something light.

When I came home, the drug store called to notify me that my prescriptions were ready to pick up. This has not be an inexpensive day.

The TSV might be a good option but have you ever wondered why physically fit people always demonstrate those things? Those who are not fit would like to see how those not fit and trim could handle it starting out. Let's not forget the assembly process.

I work the next two days which likely will be my last days to work in the school year as I don't anticipate a sub need next week.

Have a great evening. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 23)

Hello Jean @KonaKat  It sounds like you had a decent day in the city.  How was the weather and did the echo test go smoothly?

I had to laugh when I read your question about 'fit' actors and vendors demonstrating exercise equipment.  I think they do that so the viewer will have something to aspire to.  Yea, I'm being sarcastic.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's been a beautiful day here, weather wise. 

Once the trauma of Presto's first egg wore off, I realized that whatever season she's in right now has to play out.  My beloved St Francis has helped me through many 'firsts' in my life when it's involved animals and I went to bed trusting that he'd walk me through any crisis, should one emerge with my Presto. 

Now, lol, that said...... When I got up this morning and went to greet her at around 6:45 and didn't see an egg I must say I was relieved.  We spent some time together as I was checking email and I thought, hmm, I'm going to make some toast and warm up a couple of the boiled eggs in the fridge for breakfast.  I grabbed a fresh cup of coffee and swear I wasn't downstairs more than 10 minutes.

I came trotting up the stairs, turned left, entered the office and there it was - another egg in a different location.  I'm laughing as I type this.  This morning it was more like

Image result for oh no GIF

Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Jean thanks for getting us started.  It sounds like you got a lot accomplished today.  I agree with you and Bernie that it's kind-of funny about the super fit hosts on the equipment.  They make it look so easy, and I think we all know that it's not.  Linda - thanks for the heads-up about how crowded it gets at U VA graduation ceremonies, and to plan far in advance.  

I spent a lot of money yesterday.  I decided to try one of those Nuface devices.  I rarely buy things like that, but this time I thought, why not.  I also purchased 2 pair of the Earth Origins sandals that are the QVC2 special.  I need 7 1/2 Wide sandals with good arch support, which are hard to find.  They're nice to wear with capris during summer.

My DD got to work today to find that the clinic where she works finally added her name to the front door.  Only problem is, they spelled it wrong.  Instead of "Mary", it spelled out "Marty".  My DD thought it was hilarious.  I think they called the workman back and already got it changed, but her co-workers are calling her Marty now, lol.

I spent more time gardening today.  The work seems endless, but it does look fairly nice (just don't get too close, or you'll see the weeds popping up!).  

Waves to all ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb  Tell "Marty" I said congrats on getting her name added to the practice Woman Very Happy   Seriously though, that's special.

I resisted the urge to buy 2 pair of Miz Mooz shoes shown on the Q last night.  I happen to know there is a 20% off the same shoes if I buy direct from Miz Mooz.  I'm going to stay strong.

I hope the NuFace works for you.  Does it come with an extended return policy?

Honored Contributor

I really like these Earth shoes offered here on the Q.  I can't find the style name elsewhere so I wonder if it was a Q exclusive.  

Earth Leather Cut-out Heeled Sandals - Vicki - A304168

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I love your sense of humor about the egg. Wonder what tomorrow will bring? I like the shoes you showed but don't know if they are a Q exclusive. Would they by chance also be on Amazon?

Charlene--Congrats to your daughter. She and her co-workers have a great sense of humor regarding the wrong name. I'm sure t he sign people will correct the mistake. Enjoy the NuFace. I was tempted but remembered one offfered once which was less expensive. Perhaps it was a smaller version or some enhancement on the current TSV was not included.

Lug is having a TSV on the 25th, which is appealing to me. F13166. My work bag has about had it. I'm currently using the Lug Camper as my work bag. I like the side pockets on the Camper to stick umbrella, can of soda, water, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I just looked at the TSV and I like the brushed concord color and the brushed walnut.  I wonder if the walnut color would coordinate with your new kipling bags?

What color is calling to you?

Honored Contributor

Oh I forgot to mention that the 2 pair of earrings I ordered from Lord and Taylor arrived.  I also checked the L&T card balance by phone and there is only one change for $33 on it so it looks like all went as hoped regarding the return of the wrong order.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Good news that you  were charged appropriately for the earrings. Enjoy!! As to the bag, I have a Lug wallet I use for travel as it organizes well to include passport, foreign money, etc. I don't remember the exact name but basically it is navy with a fireworks pattern. I didn't think I would like that pattern but do. I'm looking at the same pattern in the Lug TSV but time will tell. I wouldn't use the wallet with the work bag. I saw a lady sitting near me in one of the airports that had the full-sized puddle jumper. I liked the way it organized but don't need the full size.  Time will tell.