Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 13)

Greetings, shopping friends. I made a really big purchase yesterday. I supported the local economy by purchasing a utility knife as mine disappeared or was lost. I have plans for its use before long.

I went to the city yesterday for the appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. It looks as if I will be having rotator cuff surgery on May 29. He said the tear was one that was not going to heal on its own, and that it needed to be taken care of because of the now higher risk of injuring it further or the other muscles that are helping with it now. 

I will be spending time getting things ready for me to handle in the house while recovering. I really don't look forward to this because of the long haul ahead of healing, physical therapy, etc. On the other  hand, I wasn't going anywhere this Summer so it is a good time to schedule and get it over with.

I won't need anyone to stay with me as long as someone checks in with me once a day to see if I need anything, or that I contact someone. This was the major concern I had as when I am not feeling well, I like to do things on my schedule and not theirs, or spend a lot of time telling them what to do. The local hospital can be seen from my house but is one-third of a mile away.

I did just schedule an appointment for my car to have it checked out and oil changed. I will probably schedule an appointment for my nails early in the week of the surgery as well as a grocery pick up from WalMart.

I haven't slept well lately, so I hope that changes soon. Part of it, I know, is because of some pain. I am debating calling my primary to ask for something to help.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely....and be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 13)

Jean..it is good to hear that you will have your shoulder taken care of. My mom, who hated going to doctor Epps, let hers get way beyond repair and ruptured her biceps an triceps.

after two surgeries, she had her entire shoulder replaced.arghh.

you are very capable and you have things in place.one thought I have, no one I know has had rotator cuff surgery with manicured nails...maybe you might want to call your doc and check.just a thought.

it remains hot here in the valley of the sun. We are usually a lot hotter than where Linda lives. We will be heading north at the end of the month.

take care..😘

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and cool today. YIPPEE!!! No rain. The dogs will have a good day of play.

KomKat---Gald you were able to get a doctor appt. for your shoulder. It will be good to have that repaired so you finally have some relief to the pain and maybe the sleep (or lack of) Crossing my fingers for you that all your recovery will be as planned.

I finally checked a few of the gardens from all the nights of frost and so far so good. I do have to tackle some kind of critter barrier in the lower side garden but not today. I'm really dragging and have another migraine. I may still attempt the banking just so I can have one thing done. No grocery shopping today. That will tomorrow. (I hope) I still may attempt starting the save/discard holiday decorations in the work room project late this week. I don't have a ton of garbage so this would be a good time for extra bags on the curb.

I did order the dog chow yesterday and they had the notice about high demand...again. It's been a month or so since I've seen that notice. I'm thinking this is going to be the cycle as we churn thru the states opening and the stores being stocked .  At least I know how many weeks between orders to keep our dogs in chow. I feed them bits of chicken, etc. but their base food is chow. 

Linea anniversay is today on the Q. I really like his line. I hope to be able to catch a few shows but just for window shopping. I don't need anything but there is always something catching my eye.  I do find that not watching the Q while I'm drinking the morning coffee has saved me $$. By the time I catch any of the rebroadcasts in the late evening the items are too limited to order. For now...that's a good thing.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have made a decision about the rotator cuff surgery, and I hope it goes very well.  Like you, I did not sleep well last night -- not due to pain in my case, but I just kept waking up.  

Interesting about your Mom, Barbara.  Sorry she needed that surgery.  Since I have only gotten a manicure a few times in my life, I guess that would not be something I need to worry about if I ever need the surgery.  My oldest DGS injured his shoulder playing football, and I remember it took quite a while for him to recover.  Good luck with your return to cooler temperatures.

It is only supposed to make it to the upper 80's today, and it was nice again on my walk this morning.

So sorry you have a migraine, Fressa.  Glad your weather is better.  I like Louis dell Olio clothing, but I am really trying to resist.  Not as difficult since I do not have any plans to socialize much for at least another month or two.

Our governor said that many of the restrictions put in place due to the virus will end on Friday when most will become recommendations rather than requirements. The county is talking about different requirements.  A friend of mine got her hair cut on Monday, and I contacted her hair dresser who is following many precautions.  Anyway, I was able to get an appointment on May 28th.  Whew, my hair is driving me crazy.

Nothing much going on here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara--Thank you for the info. I did call and discovered that the money I spent last week to undo 8  weeks of a mess will now be undone. This is the one thing I was looking forward to as I knew I could go 8 weeks and still look somewhat decent. I don't understand why this has to be done but such are the rewards of life. They should have that listes on the "no no" list given to you.

Fressa--I do hope your gardens survive. I got a chuckle out of your morning coffee saving you money. For me, it is watching the Today Show in the morning and the governor's daily update.   I do hope your grocery shopping goes well tomorrow and that  you don't find a huge price increase. I think I have a month's reserve of cat food and litter just in case.

Linda--I do hope the "opening up" of things in your area goes well. A good haircut can make a big difference in the way you feel. Sorry that you are not sleeping well.

I am not a happy camper about the nails.  I guess this Summer will be the Summer of going to pot, as I am not totally in love with silver hair despite others liking it. I have a tele appointment with my primary at 4:30 to discuss the sleep/pain issue. I am a light sleeper so some underlying issue might be causing the lack of sleep.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

ooRe: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 13)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  I am sorry you need surgery, but, I am glad you can get it done quickly.  Is there an agency that can come a couple times a week to help you out?  I would ask someone to check in with you daily, you would be suprised how many people would jump at the chance to help out.

Fressa - I know what you mean when you wait until the rebroadcasts, it does save money.

Well, DH had his test yesterday, now we have an appointment with the back surgeon on Friday.  Of course, his back has not been hurting for the last 3 days.  I give up.  Guess we will get questions answered on Friday - Wish us luck.

Not happening around here, I do need to do a grocery list for tomorrow.   I kept telling DH how grocery prices were going up - Last week we bought groceries and DH almost fell over when the total came up..Shopping this week shoud be interesting.  

For those of you who like to read historical novels - Elizabeth Chadwick has a trilogy:  Summer Queen, Winter Crown, Autumn Throne it is about Queen Eleanor, she was married to King Louis and King Henry - Very interesting books, DH even enjoyed them.

Well off to do something constructive today.  Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  I did some shopping yesterday and this morning and will talk about it in a separate post - surely more expensive than the utility knife Woman Wink

I'm glad that your appointment was productive with the orthopedic doctor and that he explained the 'why' behind the surgery.  It's better to get it out of the way while the weather is nice.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Barbara @sydsgma1 

Hi @Fressa   It's currently 49 degrees here and the sun is shining.  Locals around me were griping about not being able to get plants from the home depot before they were allowed to sell that kind of thing.  I didn't say anything however I thought for Pete's sake, you people (other Michiganders) know better than to plant anything before Memorial Day Woman Very Happy  Maybe some kind of evergreen type shrub could have gone in the ground but nothing that flowers.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   my state is opening up slowly but surely.  At this point, with all of the information that we have available to us online I think it's a matter of personal responsibility.  Act stupid, risk catching the virus.  I subscribe to avoidance of the virus Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm working through each post in the thread and I just had to laugh and say Oh Jean, with a smile on my face when I read the summer of going to pot Heart  @KonaKat