Honored Contributor

Re: ooRe: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 13)

So, now that his back is not hurting, they want do back surgery Susan @PAlady   I just want to make sure I understand it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So... about my shopping Woman Wink  Grab a cup of coffee, it's a story.

I placed an order with JCP yesterday morning.  With all this talk of them filing for bankruptcy, I thought ohh better stock up on white long sleeved tees from St John's Bay brand.  I've noticed as the pandemic continues that items are selling out and not being restocked quickly.  The SJB long sleeved tees were sold out in white so I bought 3 of these by Liz Claiborne.  Never tried them before so we'll see.

I picked up this Liz Claiborne sleeveless top because I don't have anything in a pretty shade of yellow.  I look at these kinds of tops like shells - just a classic.

I picked up this A.N. A. 'trucker jacket'.  

a.n.a Womens Oversized Trucker Denim Jacket

Liz Claiborne

This morning my 19 year old toaster halfway cr*pped out this morning.  It was an inexpensive  

Sunbeam 3911-100 | User Manual

The left 2-slice side works fine.  The right 2-slice side won't stay down or heat.  When I eat toast for breakfast I tend to do 3 slices so I need a 4 slice toaster.

As crazy as this sounds, I'm kind of sad about this thing starting to fail.  This was 'our' toaster - my husband used the left 2 slots and I used the right 2 slots.  After he died I alternated between sides so I wouldn't wear one side out before the other.  Guess that didn't work Woman Very Happy

This morning I looked high and low for a similar looking toaster that just toasted if you know what I mean.  I don't need a computerized toaster.

Cuisinart has a top rated toaster (model CPT 180) and I was on the hunt for the stainless steel one that had white accents (wow it was hard to find).

Cuisinart 4-Slice White Wide Slot Toaster with Crumb Tray CPT-180W ...

I found it at the Wayfair so I ordered one for me and one for my sister (we were on the phone talking) and she's afraid her 12 year old toaster is on it's way out.  I probably could have saved $10 on a different color of this model but I wanted the white accents.

I've never bought anything from the Wayfair so I hope that it turns out to be a good experience (fingers crossed).

JCP order was $77 for everything, including shipping and rounding up for charity.  The 2 toasters cost me almost twice that.  This is why I loved JCP.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies......Jean I remember hearing something years and years ago about wearing nail polish when having surgery....I think it may have something with the color of your nail beds and they can tell just by looking at them if you are getting enough oxygen....maybe I am way off but  I remember something like that.    I was wondering too if you could get some kinda service a few days a week ..visiting nurses ,to come help and check on you.  I have no idea how that works though.  As Susan said I am sure your friends will be happy to help out.

Its a beautiful day here..... finally the chill in the air is starting to warm up....I hear we could be almost 80 by Friday.....I know some don't like that but I do!

Susan wishing your husband well with his back,

Bernie here too people should know you never plant flowers in the ground till after Memorial Day.......we had snow last Sat not much but still snow.

Not much else ...hve a nice and safe  day everyone.....Marijane 

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAY 13)

Jean..sorry about the nails....you may grow to like your hair...it took me a couple of months, but it is so much easier. I paid 150 every 3-4 weeks to keep it up and that is a lot of $ saved.

hope your dr gives you something to help you sleep. If I use pain meds it is usually at night.

((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Jean..re help at home, Medicare usually provides some home health care for a bit.,I do not think you should be alone after that surgery. My Dh, who is very independent required a fair amount of assistance for a while.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie - He had the test on Monday and of course his back was not hurting.  We see the back doctor this Friday to get the report.  I have a feeling he will have to have surgery.  It may not hurt today, but, one day the shoe will drop and we will be back in an Emergency Room again.  Wish us luck.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Good luck with DH. I hope the test results give you some direction for future treatment.

Bernie--Love the items you got from JCP. It is sad news about JCP so I dod hope it manages to survive.

I've been doing some researching and talked to the Surgical Center where  I will be having the procedure done and have had previous procedures done.

The thing about the nails comes from a time where oxymeters had a problem reading the amount of oxygen when put on a finger and people had full nails applied. I use an oxymeter all the time with no problems and they have never had a problem. I do not use colored polish so the color of the polish is not a problem. I use a natural looking American manicure and I just have tips.

We don't have home health services here in the boonies but I am fine with a friend dropping in at times. When I was in the hospital last Fall, Medicare sent a week's supply of shelf stable meals to me. I already have a supply of shelf stable Nutrisystem ready to use of entrees I like. What I need to do is get a pump jar of soap to use when showering, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.