Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30)

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe it's the end of March. Now I'm behind for decorating for Easter, UGH!!! We are having another winer weather advisery so I'm hoping this is the last one for this season. The patio rugs were like a skating ring thi morning. UGH!!

I  picked up a prescription yesterday and decided that I might as well get some produce and dairy items while I was there. Lettuce was $1.76 which was a deal. Now limes were $7/bag and lemons $5/bag. Veggies were increased: I didn't put any of them in the cart because I need to decide just how much am I going to pay for caulitflower or broccoli. There were empty shelves and some freezer cases which was odd. I don't know if this was because of the weather warning or the food supply warning. I thought I would make another trip back today for the remainder of my list but that will have to wait for the snow/ice to stop. 

Both of us are using the Cubi Jr. while we're on the computer. So far, my knees are tolerating it so I'm thrilled.

I did order the Big Deal L&L today. I think that will work for the baking supplies and dog biscuits and triscuits. (our favorite cracker) Hopefully, it will eliminate some of the smaller containers in the pantry with our favorite items. L&L never goes unused in this house. 

I also ordered the WWC slim pants lunchtime special. $16--Woo-hoo. I had good luck with the legging for the same price so I have my fingers crosed with this pair. I have one more round of checking clothing for donations and then it's on to the next thing to decluter. I did start on the linen closet over the weekend. All the sheets for the guest bed will be donated and the jersey sheets that do not fit the king bed will be used for that bed. That should free up the upper shelves in the guest room. YIPPEE! Crossing my fingers that plan works.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  

Hope the weather improves in your area.  I know what you mean about deciding how much you want to pay for vegetables, etc.  I do the same thing.  Sometimes, I refuse and buy frozen vegetables instead.  Usually the store brand or specials are not too expensive.

Great news about the Cubi.  I read your post and immediately went to look at the lunchtime specials, but the pants you ordered are too long for me.  I have decided that I won't hem pants since I already have so many.  What a great buy.  I have not seen the L&Lock big deal yet.  Glad you will have a good use for it.  Great job on the decluttering.  

Today is sunny and they are predicting a high in the low 70's .  We did get some much-needed rain yesterday, which will no doubt trigger some flowers and plenty of weeds.  

I contacted Jean, and she has an appointment to consult with an electrophysiologist who may decide to do a mapping of the heart (cardiac ablation). She will see the highly rated  doctor in Ohio on April 11th.  Fingers crossed all goes well.

DD's contractor has already started painting and removing wallpaper. The work should be completed in a couple of weeks.  

Very long story, but I think that everything is set for my medication (Prolia) to be sent from the specialty pharmacy to the doctor next Tuesday.  So, I may be able to get the injection next week or the week after.  This is after I spent more than 30 minutes on the phone with the specialty pharmacy yesterday evening. 

Hope everything is falling into place as far as your move goes, Susan.  Also hope you really like the new house. 

Glad your sister can work at home today, Bernie.  One less worry for you. 

I am having my hair cut this afternoon.  Nothing else of note to report.  My Federal tax refund has already arrived.  Fast work.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Hope you are doing okay after your infusion, Glenda.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I know that I've been absent but I've been tired from juggling appointments. 

Fressa, you are a great example to use as in monitoring and purchasing groceries. as well as in reorganizing. I don't have the Cubi but I have a similar one. I get in 45 minutes in the morning on mine, and my knees are benefitting from it.

Linda, sorry that you had issues getting your special med. I tried to get that but my primary didn't think it was essential to upgrade. hank you for updating the readers regarding me. I am looking forward to the apppointment with this EP who has an overwhelming patient satisfaction record as well as accomplishments. It may be that nothing will help but time will tell. Since the consultation appointment is so early in the morning, I will make the 3 hour drive the afternoon before and stay the night there. I should get out of the appointment about the time the fashion stores open. so I might treat myself to a birthday present. or just drive home.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, sorry you have another winter weather advisory.  I don't have a lot of spring/Easter things, but when our dgd was here last week she put it all out for me.  It's nice to see things done differently than 1 have been doing it.  I am sure your patio rugs were frozen.  It's nice that both of you can use the Cubi Jr.  It seems like you have a lot of uses for L & L. I have Rubbermaid and use it often too.  It's nice when you can put sheets from one bed to another.  I am like Linda L as the pants would be way too long on me.  Petite are too long on me, but Short are perfect.

Linda L, I am glad that you got some much needed rain.  Since we got so little snow this winter, we are in a drought too. It's been raining off & on all day.  Snow tomorrow & more rain next week.  40's & 50's are nice too.  That's good news about your dd getting the home improvement jobs done in a timely manner.  It must be an exciting time for all of them.  It is maddening for me when I am on hold for a long time.  Two weeks ago I got a form from the DMV saying I had to renew ny disabled plates.  They told me to send it to my neurologist to fill it out and send it back to me.   I called them that day to say the letter was in the mail.  After 20 minutes, I hung up.  Since I still hadn't received it today I called them this afternoon and had to stay on the line too long again.  After 13 minutes they answered & I told them to call me back as I only have 30 free minutes on my landline which I rarely use. They called back & said he signed the form on 03/28 & put it in the mail.  Good luck with your haircut. I need one before we go on vacation next month.  We got our State and Federal refunds back. They were here in 10 and 14 days.

Jean, good luck with your EP appt.  It's nice to get such a good Dr.  It's a good idea to go the afternoon before & stay overnight.  You deserve to treat yourself especially since your birthday is coming up.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

It's been busy around here.  Last Saturday, we went to the visitation of a good friend. We had lots of fun times traveling & playing cards with him and his late wife.   Then my bf from HS came with a gf and we played euchre & caught up on a lot of things.  She just got a 6th dggc.  Such a beautiful baby girl.  

I got my infusion on Monday which had a "small snag."   When the nurse put the needle in my port, it wasn't in the correct spot, she couldn't get a blood draw and it had to be removed and put in again.  Ouch!   Then things went good and I was done a little bit before noon.  

We took Christopher to Noodles and Co for lunch and had a good visit with him.  He is excited about starting his internship with Culver's this summer.  It will be good on his resume's when he is looking for a job.  He still plans to graduate from college in December (a semester early) so we shall see.  

We went to the gym this afternoon.  I had only a bit of fatigue from my infusion yesterday and slept it off last night.  I put beef stew in the oven then transferred it to the crock pot.  

Tomorrow we are going to the town where we got our hot tub from.  My dh has a few questions before we put the water in.  Then it will be lunch out.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you had a "small snag" with your infusion, Glenda. Ouch! Glad you were still able to go out to lunch, etc.

I heard from Barbara -- her second cataract surgery went well, but   her DH continues to deteriorate.  She is having some night time help starting tomorrow night -- fingers crossed it works out.  Your prayers and good thoughts are appreciated.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the update on Barbara. I will keep her and her DH in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat---That's a great plan to arrive a day ahead with such a long drive for your medical appointment. I find the waiting and prep exhausting. Crossing my fingers that all goes as planned for you. Please treat yourself after all of this. We have a tendancy to put it off or last on the list.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--You sure have been busy with visiting friends and family. How nice to finally getting out and caught up on everyone's events. My bf and I call each other once a month (usually on laundry day LOL) because we could never get a day that worked for both of us 

Such great news about your DGS and his job and graduating early. It's a joy to see them doing well!!