Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAR 30)

Kona...Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, MAR 30)

Good Evening!  Very happy you had good news on one of your tests, Jean.  Hope things go well with the podiatrist tomorrow, and you find some new tops.  No TSV for me either.  My knees aren't exactly good looking, and I rarely wear shorts out of the house.  When I do wear shorts, I find shorter length works better for me than the Bermuda style.

Hope you got your walk in before the rain came, snicks.  I do most of my clothing shopping on-line as well.  I'm trying to limit my purchases, so I don't  do much "window shopping", and there are no malls close to my house. 

We don't have a basement (they are very rare here in Arizona), but I remember how basements can become overfilled storage areas.  Hope you got some of the stuff done in your basement today, spix.

It is funny, but the only cat I have owned was black and named Midnight.  I think you are correct Jean -- must be a popular name for black cats.

Happy you were able to sleep last night, Bernie.  Hope your bruise goes away soon.

You have been busy, Arlene.  Hope the mower is an easy fix.  Why is that everything seems to break at one time?

Waves to Kathleen, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

It has been a pretty crazy day for me.  DH's caregiver came a bit late again -- I'm beginning to think she can't make it by 7:30, which sort of throws off my schedule.  Maybe I should take my shower before she arrives rather than waiting until after she finishes with DH.  

I dropped DH off at the club this morning and took a walk before heading up to COSTCO.  I took a different route, and somehow ended up many miles north (not near COSTCO).  Since I knew the road went by Trader Joe's, I went there.  I love that place, so it wasn't a hard decision.  I asked if there was a COSTCO nearby, and the clerk said yes -- go up three blocks and turn right.  I thought that is what I did, but no COSTCO.  And, I was driving on a road I haven't driven on before.  Long story short, I ended up driving up to the Air Force Base -- I saw the sign saying that there was a security check, but thought they were talking border control (we do have border control check points not far from  here.  Anyway, then I noticed the sign that it was the Air Force Base.   I told the very nice guard that I was totally lost, and I needed to find a way out of there.  So, he enabled me to make a U-turn.   Yikes -- how embarrassed was I?  Still, I didn't know where I was, and started driving to find a street I recognized.  Finally found one, and then drove to my regular COSTCO.  I did well there -- didn't buy any "extras" despite being very tempted by some samples.

By the time I got home, it was late for lunch, so I gobbled some lunch and then went to pick up DH.  The head of the "club" asked me to stay for a caregivers event that was happening.  So, I sat with DH and waited and waited (30 minutes or so).  It turned out that a middle school "Optimist" club had made gifts for the caregivers, and wanted to present them to us.  The head of the club invited the local newspaper.  The teacher had read an article in the newspaper that featured one of my fellow caregivers, and she came up with the idea.  The kids made decorations and gave us gift mugs with candy, tea, etc.  Really nice and unexpected.

Sorry I'm so late in posting.  I hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda