Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. I am watching the Q right now and did enjoy the Cuddl Duds show. I am being very successful at resisting purchases, but we will see how long that will last.

I may need to purchase some new clothes if people don't quit bringing in all these great meals and goodies to eat. I had planned healthy options for the time after the surgery but these goodies are truly appreciated. 

I liked the Cuddl Duds that were on clearance. The word "clearance" with a possibly acceptable lower price gets my attention. Of course, I save even more if I don't purchase.

In the retail world in the city, JCP opens its doors to shoppers at Noon.  Masks are recommended and the advisory that if certain health symptoms are present then the shopper is not to enter.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely---and be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3)

Hi Everyone!

Today it's thunderstorms, hail, high winds and hot for the next 4 days. I had hoped to grocery shop but am debating which day that should happen.  They have a tornado watch in effect for this evening but they usually hit away from our area. I'm guessing I'll have 2 GSD's around my legs & feet when this "excitment" starts.The male does NOT like storms. The female is easy going about it until it gets really bad.  It must hurt their ears something awful.

I have been thrifty so far this week with only ordering the towels on HSN and nail polish remover on the Q. I was able to move the some of the older towels to an empty drawer. WOO-HOO!!! anticipating the new ones.  Boy, was that a good feeling. It's those little things that make your realize that all your decluttering efforts are useful. I may work in the work room one day this week with the last of decluttering. It's the coolest room of the house so that will be a bonus.

KomKat--Glad you are enjoying the goodies and food that everyone is bringing. It's good to have some treats especially after surgery. I'm keeping you in my  thoughts for a continued quick recovery.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening 

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I do hope your storms are not bad. Animals, as well as humans, are not fond of them. You have done well with your decluttering and shopping. When you no longer have to question "Where do I put this?" then you know you have made progress, What a great feeling to have!

I'm wearing an oversized button up top as it makes it much easier to work with the arm and shoulder. I also am wearing some baggy pull up pants from weight loss. I knew there was a reason to keep them. I had to buy some button up loose tops which represents money I normally wouldn't have spent.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your friends and neighbors are keeping you well-fed.  I wouldn't worry about gaining weight since I'm sure you will be back to more "normal" eating and exercise once you recover from the surgery. 

I have been doing pretty well with reducing my shopping, but I did order some Laura Geller blush yesterday.  Her make-up lasts a very, very long time, but I had not purchased blush in ages and really need it given my pale complexion.  The price was quite good, which didn't hurt.  Glad I am not in a rush to get it since who knows how long shipping will take.

Hope the storms aren't too bad, Fressa.  I looked at those towels yesterday, and I think you got a great deal.  I might have been tempted if it were a smaller set.  What color did you purchase?

Just found out that one of my nephews (actually my ex's nephew) is in the ICU at the hospital and has late stage liver disease.  He is only in his early 50's, but is an alcoholic who just has not been able to beat his addiction.  He had a brain bleed, and has many other symptoms, so the doctor's are not sure he will make it. And, he has no insurance or place to live if he does.  Extremely sad situation.  Your prayers and good thoughts for David would be appreciated.

DD said oldest DGS was called back to work today, and the store will re-open on June 15th.  There are many, many things needed to get ready, so I'm sure he will be quite busy.

I am going to the audiologist today and hope to get my new dongle.  Nothing else of note.  I was really dragging yesterday due to lack of sleep the night before, so I'm very happy that I slept better last night.

We have an excessive heat warning for today and tomorrow, with predicted highs of 102 today and 104 tomorrow.  Glad that I got my walk in early when it was cooler.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda-Latte---I ordered the grey towels because I thought they would go with the pink bathroom upstairs (pink & grey) and hubby's bathroom downstairs (white & tan). He only needs a few towels but I needed to restock. I was tempted to get a set of black for him and pink for me but was really watchiing the budget. They stopped making pink towels for the longest time so then I switched to white. I love white towels but some of my shower gels and body ltoions stain them so no more white. I found a few grey towels at Kohl's and with the silver fixtures it looks okay. Ctodding my fingers that they are as nice as the sheets I own.