Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is such a beautiful sunny day, a welcomed contrast to the many days of dark skies and rain. We rarely have tornadoes but one set down in our capital city 78 miles from me. We have been fortunate compared to some.

I have been doing well with the exercise but today I have fallen victim to the urge to shop. Last night, Midnight got me up about time the Vionics show started. I saw a pair of shoes that would be great for walking and have great reviews. I resisted and went back to bed but couldn't go back to sleep. It was toss and turn time and I had just begun enjoying sleeping again when the alarm went off so I would get the trash set out in time.

I had my coffee after putting out the trash and then decided to buy the Vionics. Despite not getting more than 3 hours of sleep, I got my minimum exercise in, watched Netflix and then QF. Ooops! I have two QF tops coming home to me. I have two I bought last year which were great. These have grommets at the neckline but don't have the sparkly additions. A346646. I got the black and coral. The Vionics are A346646. I like the adjustable straps and I plan to use them to replace the Skechers that were not that comfortable after a week of use on a vacation.

I go in spurts with my buying, and apparently this is one of those times I decided to indulge. Now, that we will be overloaded with Christmas items and pitches, I'll not be as tempted. I know CIJ appeals to many but to me it doesn't as we don't exchange gifts among the adults outside the immediate family...and Midnight is my immediate family.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26)

Hi Jean, sometimes it is fun to go by spurts when it comes to shopping.  I just did the same thing a few weeks ago and am not sorry. Did you see my post yesterday?  Our eldest dgs started his summer job at the Outback steakhouse on Monday. We had a few showers yesterday and then sunshine.  Today is 🌞🌞🌞 & warm and it's going to be rainy and hotter tomorrow & the rest of the week.   90's is not my cup of tea.  I am already looking forward to fall which is my favorite time of the year.

I went to bed at 10:00 & woke up at 4:30.  Got up and put the TV on for an hour.  Went back to bed and couldn't sleep so I started my day. 6 hours is what I am used to.

I did two large loads of laundry in & hung it out.  Then I washed the kitchen, DR, BR, sewing room windows. My DH has to help me "pop" them out bc I don't have the strength to do this little part by myself.  They are easy to wash because I can do them from the inside.  Then after TPIR went off, we washed the picture window.

I did the bare minimum yesterday and Monday so I had to buckle down today.  The heat kills me, so I have to do everything in the a.m.  

Bteakfast was pancakes, sausage and ☕☕☕.  Lunch is a garden salad with fresh tomatoes. Supper is a bbq rib sandwich and nachos at Qwik Trip.  good too.

it's going to be nap time after lunch.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You amaze me with all your energy and what you can get done despite medical issues with you and DH. I also have those windows that tilt in for easier cleaning.

DGS is working at the Outback? The people I know who work there do very well with tips. It is my favorite place to eat and supposedly ours has been evaluated as being one of the nation's best. The waitstaff really knows how to cater to customers. I can deal with the 90s but 80s are more comfortable unless the humidity is high. Your meals for today sound very tasty!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, thre may be a breeze blowing outside however it's hot, hot, hot here.  Keep in mind, I define hot as 80 or more degrees with a touch of humidity, lol.

The only 'shopping' I did today was to submit the refill for my 90-day RX of Synthroid with Eagle Pharmacy in FL.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Your definition of hot doesn't match mine but I guess it is what one is used to experiencing. We frequently have temps in the mid-90s in the Summer, so that is what I call hot. I think you showed great restraint in your shopping.

I managed to get in my 10,000 steps. Going without sleep last night should have made me tired but it didn't. Even when I went to bed to read which is my afternoon habit for an hour, I didn't feel the urge to drift off. Let's hope I sleep tonight and that Midnight doesn't have a need to get me up frequently.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, Jean.  Hope you enjoy your purchases.  I don't care much for Christmas in July either.  Certainly don't need any more decorations.  But, I got an e-mail from Valerie, and I think her TSV looks nice.  I may or may not order. 

I suddenly need some house repair work done, and those expenses may result in less money for extras.  The troublesome screen door has fallen off at the top, and I'm not sure if it can be repaired, or I will need to replace it again.  I am trying a new handyman who comes highly recommended by some of my neighbors.  He is a retired police officer who learned how to do lots of repairs by working for his Dad who "flipped" houses.

Glad you got your exercise in today.  It was nice on my walk this morning, but now is 100 degrees plus.  Very dry heat, but heat for sure.  I had two OLLI classes today -- yoga and then a history class (about the Apache Indians).  In the middle, I raced to my hairdresser had had a much needed haircut.  

You certainly do a lot twinny.  I hope your husband finds out what caused his health issues, and they are minor/over/cured.  I am sorry that so many people you know have passed away recently.  One of my friends tripped over a dog (not a large one), and fell down a flight of stairs last year.  Like your friend, she hit her head, and was unconscious for a while, and she spent many months in recovery -- therapy, etc.  She is much better now, but still not back to normal.  I really hope she doesn't have a turn for the worse like your friend.

Hope your weather improves, Bernie.  DD said it was hot and humid in Maryland.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Twinny--You amaze me with all your energy and what you can get done despite medical issues with you and DH. I also have those windows that tilt in for easier cleaning.

DGS is working at the Outback? The people I know who work there do very well with tips. It is my favorite place to eat and supposedly ours has been evaluated as being one of the nation's best. The waitstaff really knows how to cater to customers. I can deal with the 90s but 80s are more comfortable unless the humidity is high. Your meals for today sound very tasty!

Yes, he started working at the Outback Steakhouse on Monday.  He is in  training this week for being a delivery person.   He said that he gets a %off when eating there.  He will do well  because he is a very caring person & helpful too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, thre may be a breeze blowing outside however it's hot, hot, hot here.  Keep in mind, I define hot as 80 or more degrees with a touch of humidity, lol.

The only 'shopping' I did today was to submit the refill for my 90-day RX of Synthroid with Eagle Pharmacy in FL.

I call it hot when it is sunny & 70°.   We have friends that go to FL, TX & AZ, but they gladly come back home usually in early April at the latest.  They ask us why we don't snowboard.  Because I have a great Dr. an hour away that specializes in my disorder.  I dislike hot  weather of any kind because it gives me a lot of pain & my fingers tingle and burn like they are on hot coals.  I remember telling my DH 18 years ago that if we lived where it was hot most of the year, we would have had to move. I haven't changed my mind either.  Retirement is still great & we still get to go where & where we choose.  That we don't take for granted either anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Yes,I was a busy little bee this morning, but I had to get it done before it was too hot to wash the windows.  I do much better in the morning than I do in the afternoon.  My cooking was minimal so that helped a lot too.  The hot tub later this afternoon helps a lot too.  I remember being W. VA in July 2 or 3 years in a row and it was hot, hot, hot.  I have never liked hot weather of any kind.  That I inherited from my Dad.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Evening!  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, Jean.  Hope you enjoy your purchases.  I don't care much for Christmas in July either.  Certainly don't need any more decorations.  But, I got an e-mail from Valerie, and I think her TSV looks nice.  I may or may not order. 

I suddenly need some house repair work done, and those expenses may result in less money for extras.  The troublesome screen door has fallen off at the top, and I'm not sure if it can be repaired, or I will need to replace it again.  I am trying a new handyman who comes highly recommended by some of my neighbors.  He is a retired police officer who learned how to do lots of repairs by working for his Dad who "flipped" houses.

Glad you got your exercise in today.  It was nice on my walk this morning, but now is 100 degrees plus.  Very dry heat, but heat for sure.  I had two OLLI classes today -- yoga and then a history class (about the Apache Indians).  In the middle, I raced to my hairdresser had had a much needed haircut.  

You certainly do a lot twinny.  I hope your husband finds out what caused his health issues, and they are minor/over/cured.  I am sorry that so many people you know have passed away recently.  One of my friends tripped over a dog (not a large one), and fell down a flight of stairs last year.  Like your friend, she hit her head, and was unconscious for a while, and she spent many months in recovery -- therapy, etc.  She is much better now, but still not back to normal.  I really hope she doesn't have a turn for the worse like your friend.

Hope your weather improves, Bernie.  DD said it was hot and humid in Maryland.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Sorry about your friend that tripped over a dog & is still recovering.  Yes, I we were busy today, but It all needed to get done.  Good luck with your door repair. We hope that the neurosurgeon can figure out what's going on too.  It's the unknown that worries me.  When my ds diagnosed me almost 18 years ago, It was very disturbing but we got a good neurologist and started my infusions immediately.  It was so helpful to have 2 children educated in the health field.