Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22)

Hi Everyone!

Today it's the A/C check and Hepa system. We have thunderstorms in the forecast for late afternoon so crossing the fingers he's done by then. It's been sunny, hot and int he 90's this week. UGH!!! I don't even check the humidity. The plants absorb the water so fast from the hose it's hard to keep them watered.

I picked up my prescription yesaterday and just a few groceries. This was one of my breathing medications which is always pricey. I have a 90 day supply but the price seems to change often by a wide margin. Has anyone else experienced that fluctuation with medication? All of them are increased and continue to climb but the "critical" prescripts are really crazy.

Coffee creamer was $5-$9 per bottle depending on size and brand. They did not have a full case but I suspected that was more "stocking up" than supply. There was a special on one of the brands. Most of the other dairy was in good supply except cream cheese and some packaged cheeses. Pasta was sparse but rice was stocked. They finally had a supply of canned tuna, etc. Peanut Butter is still empty and looks like that will reamin for some time. Some frozen food was sparse, especially the ice cream treats. Ice cream continues to increase in price but I did purchase two "treats."

The best thing was that I got to use my personal shopping bags so at least the dairy and ice cream stayed cool. YIPPEE!

I still have more paperwork to get under control so I hope to have that resolved by the weekend. It drives me crazy when my desk is a mess. Friday we have tv pick up from the township so hopefully that goes as planned. 

I finally had to give up on keeping the planter by the mailbox. Either the plants die or the deer eat them. I had the hubby carry it down to the side garden. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry it is so hot there.  I think that is true for much of the country, but worse for people in areas not used to such hot temperatures this time of the year.  It is sunny and hot here with a high of 98 degrees predicted.  That is probably slightly lower than usual for this area.

I am lucky enough to have a couple of prescriptions, and one is very reasonable.  The other (Prolia) has gone up over the years, but is still at last year's price -- $185 every six months. 

I had my teeth cleaned this morning and made an appointment to see the dentist, plus have x-rays and another cleaning in early January.  I asked for the price so that it won't be a surprise.  So far, I am liking this dental practice since they are upfront about pricing, etc., and the hygienist is very good.

It is interesting about what is and is not in stock at the grocery store.  Pasta and peanut butter have been limited/scarce for several weeks.  But, it seems like the beans and many (not all) dairy products are in supply.  The prices continue to be high.

Sorry you can't keep the planter by the mailbox.  

Glad you were able to get your ice cream, Bernie.  My DH loved ice cream year-round, but I only like it when it is hot outside. 

Hope your MRIs went okay, Glenda. 

I will really miss the hospice "office manager", but I understand her feeling she needs to get a job closer to home and her Mother.  I remember her telling me that it was about a 45 minute drive each way to the office, and I'm guessing gasoline prices are another reason.  Also, I suspect that they have been really piling on the work for her -- she has seemed hassled and worn out lately.  There has been a great deal of turnover at the hospice office, which I think is both normal and as a result of management changes plus health care worker shortages to the pandemic.  According to the newspaper, the local hospital (considered a rural hospital) is likely to close in August.  It opened seven years ago, and has gone into bankruptcy, changed owners several times.  Upsetting.

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the day -- a Walmart pick-up and I need to go to the Post Office.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Fressa @Fressa   It will be interesting to see if there is a price change on my Synthroid.  I saw the endocrinologist last Friday and was notified through the patient portal that the blood work results were available also on Friday.  I just checked Eagle Pharmacy and it looks like the office hasn't called in the new annual RX. During the pandemic, thanks to the shenanigans by head of the USPS  one of my refills got lost in the mail and Eagle Pharmacy expressed shipped a new bottle after I waited 10 days after the initial delivery date.  Well, low and behold about 10 days after that incident, the 90 day supply of Synthroid that was lost showed up at my house.  I called Eagle Pharmacy to let them know I had 2 fills of my RX and they insisted that once they identified it as lost it remains lost.

So, I've had a rotating spare 90 days of Synthroid since then which is why I'm not freaking out about the endrocinologist's office dragging their feet setting up the new annual RX.  I may call them next week some time if I don't see the RX at Eagle Pharmacy. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Your beloved and I would have gotten along Woman Happy  I can't think of a bad time for ice cream.  The kind of ice cream I eat will be different.  In summer I tend to eat popsicles, fudgesicles and sherbert more.  I like ice cream sandwiches and regular ice cream in a container (like half a gallon) all year.  Now everyone knows my ice cream habits, lol.

I'm really sorry to read that the local hospital is going to close.  This is no good for the community.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----I have zero self control with ice cream. LOL Honestly, I have to limit myself to ice cream bars so I don't put on more weight than my knees can support. Those pints with the "fancy" flavors call my name every time I'n near that freezer case.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Good thing you have an "emergency" stash of your serious medication. My doctor wrote a new prescription for all of mine at the middle of the Pandemic because the auto refill system wasn't working properly. Good thing.....because I had to use all of those by the time they started to receive deliveries on a somewhat regular schedule. Now, they run it down to the exact day on a few of them. Drives me crazy. They still have a few kinks in the system up here.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----Sorry to hear about your hospiice manager.  So much "extra" worry is put on people with everything and the $$$ costs are tipping point. 

Our DIL works in an office at the hospital (one of the larger groups) and she said that they are short staffed all the time on the medical side. The doctor will stay after her shift is over (from the operating room) to check on her patients for the evening. There are others that do the same. They can't get people to apply for the jobs. It's worrisome.