Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17)

Greetings, shopping friends. I had my first decent night of sleep since I had the rotator cuff surgery. It made a major difference in my energy level. Waking up every two hours and then taking time to go back to sleep was not helping me.

After breakfast, I did my home PT lessons and then ot motivated to go through paperwork. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a keeper but I discovered a binder which has those monthly summary reports from my insurance company. They only date back 8 years. The shredder is getting a rest now, and I think I will give the confetti to a friend to help line her hampster cage as she uses shreddings for that.

I am lounging around the house in Cuddl Duds. I got an email from the Q announcing new arrivals. One was a Women With Control crop pants, stain resistant, at $62. I resisted the price and also buying. Lack of work hurts so buying needs to be more careful. Add to that the reality I have too many clothes.

Have a great day. Focus upon the positives, and if you shop, shop wisely---and stay safe!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17)

Hi Everyone!

Today is sunny but still cool---for now. It's going to get hot this afternoon and then rain for the next 8 days. UGH!!!!  

I hope to tackle the remainder of the weeding today. I may have to run to the store to get another role of bandage for our GSD's "boo-boo". She keeps pulling it off or it wiggles down when she's running outside. I'm hoping that I can make it last until tomorrow so at least I can shop the next week grocery sales. Crossing my fingers.

KomKat--Glad that your PT is progressing and you are seeing some sleep relief. Quality sleep is such a benefit.

My husband was on the roof early this morning doing the shingle repair so the adhesive should be totally dry before tomorrow's rain. Now, he's tilling the back for our annual planting grass in the dog's area. Usually, I handle the grass but since he was finished earlier than expected with the roof he decided he would take care of it. The rain should help us with keeping ****** wet for the first week.

We will most likely have to postpone our other projects for this year due to the A/C cost but the stove replacement  is still on the agenda. Two of the burners are staring to go and the oven went last year. I dread appliance shopping and installation.

I am going to start with the decluttering project of the Christmas storage room. I think it will keep me on track not to order a thing when we have CIJ specials. That's going to become one project that leads to another project. I'm considering re-doing some of the shelving in that room. I don't know. I'll have to stare at it for a few more days.  

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So glad you slept better last night.  Good work on shredding and doing your PT exercises.  I have been getting my insurance company statements by e-mail for the past several years, and it really makes a difference.  Usually, there is no need to retain a paper copy.  But, I may have some very old ones in my file cabinet.  I did try to reduce the paper accumulation there when I purchased a new cabinet, and now make it a regular practice to shred an old bill/statement when I get a new one unless there is a problem.  I still have not completely changed to on-line statements yet.

That is pretty expensive for a pair of crop pants, in my opinion.  But, I know many clothing items are more expensive than I think is acceptable.  Looking at the Q2 "Big Deal" reminded me that I have a very nice Bob Mackie top that I have yet to wear.  That certainly is a good reason not to order more of the same.

I can certainly understand why the new AC is putting an end to other home improvement projects for you Fressa.  But, the new stove seems like another necessary purchase.  Sorry your weather is changing for the worse and hope you will be okay.

It is another hot and very dry day here, but it is "only" supposed to make it to the upper 90's rather an 100 degrees.  I found that my new fan is just wonderful in the bedroom -- quiet enough that I can have it on when sleeping.  So, I put the bedroom fan (tower type) in the living room instead of my original plan.

A friend and I plan to go to lunch at a restaurant south of here (next town).  She and I talked yesterday because of the sharp increase of virus cases and decided that we would take the chance.  We will be driving separately, and if the restaurant looks at all crowded, we will just get take-out or something.  Fingers crossed this works out.  She has eaten there twice since it opened up, and said she felt very safe.

I have not heard from my DD yet, but I do appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--It certainly is good weather to get things done. It is good that DH can do the roof repair as "outsiders" can charge quite healty for doing that. Your mentioning the oven reminded me that I've been planning to get a new one for a year, but I've been using a good countertop convection oven which not only works well and does the job, it is also cooler than a regular oven. 

Linda--Enjoy your lunch out. I think in situations like the Covid-19 virus, flu, or whatever else might be raging, we just have to take precautions and use good common sense. Nearly every statement I get now, I get by email or online with past years available for a certain number of years available online. I think I quit keeping copies a couple of years ago but never got around to shredding these. I am a keeper, just in case and it is a bad habit.

If there is anything positive that has come out of not working, the rotator cuff surgery, etc., it has given me a new focus and the time to graually take care of things I've not done because there is always tomorrow when feeling tired from work. It is amazing how things collect, and as I said I am a keeper. My parents were of the depression generation and they were taught to keep everything as it might be needed and would not be easily available to buy even if they had the money. Mother often talked about the dresses she made from feedsacks which were of a quality and pattern to permit that at that time.

https://flashbak.com/feed-sack-fashions-and-patterns-of-depression-era-america-374786/

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I'm glad that you were able to get a good night's sleep.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Fressa  If there's one thing I've learned - I never have a shortage of little projects around the house that I could be doing.  There is always something!

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  do you have a cloth mask that you can tuck in your purse for the lunch date tomorrow?  You may need to wear it, you may not.  It's good to have one on you, oh yea and some hand sanitizer.  I've become so accustomed to wearing a mask when I'm going to be around people that when I made a trip to the gas station to fill up the gas can (for the mower) and top off my car, I didn't wear a mask and felt nekkid Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing that link Jean @KonaKat   I bet the fabric dresses made from the feed sacks held up infinitely better than what we buy today Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

My parents lived through the Depression as well, Jean.  I don't remember any stories of dresses made from feed sacks, but they definitely kept many things "just in case".  Also, I know that they held off getting married for a few years due to lack of employment. 

The lunch went fine -- both my friend and I had our masks which we removed only when eating.  The restaurant wasn't at all crowded.  We missed hugs, etc., but knew we had to accept air hugs instead.