Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day....and the day my Social Security check hits the bank. Of course, it won't remain there long as the expenses mount up.

I had my routine doctor's appointment this morning and all was well. He was satisfied with the test results which I had already viewed online. I try to eat decently for good cholesterol results but there are times I enjoy something not part of the recommended foods.  I also got my exercise in for the day. I definitely do not have "white coat syndrome." BP was 116/61 and pulse rate was 59.

I saw the thread about blazers coming back. I love blazer so I'll be interested in seeing what is shown for Fall and Winter. 

I wore A351186, the SG Liquiid Knit Capris with an SG top to the doctor's appointment. These are very comfortable and fit well. I have them in black and in black stripe.

After lunch, I hope to get out and trim another bush. Tomorrow, I'll be going to Columbus, Ohio which is an enjoyable 3 hours trip there for a Noon appointment. I probably will not be posting until late evening as it will be another 3 hours back.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12)

Hello Jean @KonaKat   I love blazers and jackets so if blazers are making a comeback, count me in Woman Happy

Once I took my bubblebath yesterday I felt chilled (no A/C or windows open) so I putzed around the house.

Today I hit the ground running with a trip to Kmart (one of the last left in the state).

It had been awhile and I looked at everything.

I tried on and purchased the following items:

Basic Editions polka dot denim jacket.  The sleeves are long enough for my arms so I don't need to roll them back the way the model is showing:

Basic Editions Basic Editions Women's Denim Jacket - Polka Dot

This v-neck t-shirt

Basic Editions Basic Editions Women's V-Neck T-Shirt - Floral

This crew neck t-shirt

Basic Editions Basic Editions Women's Crew Neck T-Shirt - Floral

This blouse - it's really a taupe/white stripe background with light pink floral accents.  Love that it's cotton/poly and no spandex.  Will iron like a breeze.

Basic Editions Basic Editions Women's Camp Shirt - Striped & Floral

I picked up some laundry detergent, old fashioned candy (like bit o honey and black jacks) and donated $ to St. Jude at checkout.

I spent around $70 and had a great time.  Woman LOL  I also earned $10 rewards.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image result for columbo just one more thing

Yesterday I received the American West earrings that I ordered at the end of May.

I like 'em.

Earrings

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Great choices and at a great price. There was one K-Mart in our state that I really liked but I haven't been in that area lately, so I don't know if it is still open. The two in the city I go to often closed. One of them is being remodeled for a future Hobby Lobby. 

I love the Colombo post!!! Love the earrings!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I thought I would pick up a couple t-shirts and when I saw the jean jacket I thought, hmm, why not?  I love blouses and actually find them cooler than a t-shirt when it gets hot and humid.

I know I overpaid for the laundry detergent by a few bucks however I wanted to support the Kmart.

It was immaculate - the racks were all tidy, everything was organized and they were even hiring.  Each t-shirt was $8, the blouse was $10 and I ended up getting the jean jacket on sale (didn't know) for $16.  

When they ask about donating to St Jude at checkout I usually say yeah and give $5 or $10.  I'm grateful that the wee ones in my family are healthy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your medical appointment went well, and I hope your trip to COSTCO tomorrow also goes well.  I like blazers a lot, but they are not very practical around here -- often too hot for a jacket plus extremely casual lifestyle.  On the other had, I have been looking for a nice navy blazer for ages.  I got a red Linea one several years ago, but could not find navy.  And, I really don't want any ruffles, peplums, or exaggerated high low blazers which is what I have seen lately.

Nice purchases, Bernie.  There are no KMarts around here, and I never did much shopping there when there were some not too far from my house in Maryland.  Sounds like your store is a winner.  Those earrings are lovely.

I made it through yoga class again, but I'm certainly not a "natural".  For some of the exercises, I found that I just couldn't make my body cooperate at all.  Only two more classes in this "semester", and I'll have plenty of time to decide whether I want to take more classes next Fall.

I met a couple of my widow buddies at a new (to me) pizza place, and the food was good.  Then, we went to another place and had dessert and coffee.  I wasn't hungry enough to finish either the ice cream or coffee, but we had a good conversation.  Also, another lady came in and joined us.  She is in the Caregivers group, and very nice.

I finally was able to talk to my new hospice patient's caregiver (we kept missiig each other), and we set up my visit on Saturday.  They both (he and his Mom) sound very nice.

My DD had some bad news about my youngest DGS (age 21).  They found a shadow on his chest x-ray, and he was having a CT scan today.  He had been having lots of respiratory trouble, and is taking steroids and inhalers, etc.   Anyway, I'm concerned and hopeful there are no serious problems.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda