Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 7)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and humid today with severe storms in the forecast for the next 5 days. So far, the storm pattern is either aftenoon, evening or late night. Well, my tomato plants are doing well with the rain.I hope to pick up prescriptions this afternoon but that will depend on the storms. 

Yesterday afternoon we started to install the wood blinds in the lower level. It was just too hot down there for human or dog with all those trees gone. We did the largest room first. Two more rooms to go.  We did have a snag with the bay window but the blinds are up. We have some minor fix it work to do but already it's improved. I'm so glad I saved those blinds. I didn't want to spend anymore $ because of trees. 

I was surprised because I didn't even think about the dust cloud from the trees. I noticed it more in the family room because that's at ground level. This entire house will need a thorough dusting and all the windows cleaned....again. UGH!!! I will wait for cooler weather before I even add that on the list. 

I was tempted with the TSV because I use those totes for grocery shopping and love the containers with handles. So far.....I have refrained from ordering. I did order the new set of 4 rectangle refrigerator storage containers with 2 draining baskets. I have a set of small rounds that I use for canned pineapple and they work well. I've been storing more of the fruit and produce in the L&L and have been pleased with the results. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 7)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you are getting those blinds up and it is helping.  I have several sunblocking items here such as special shades, sunblock curtains, etc., etc. 

Your weather doesn't sound nice.  It is hot here, but pretty dry.  It was even pretty hot on my walk this morning -- it was so nice when it was cooler.  Oh well.  You have to expect this type of weather in southern Arizona.

Hope you like the Lock & Lock you ordered.  The "star" version of the TSV that I was considering sold out by the time I looked this morning, so I went ahead and ordered "denim".  While I have another carrier and storage containers, I can use more of both. Insulated coolers are very useful for grocery shopping.   I like the handles on the storage containers since I don't have any of those.  I was super tempted by those baskets, but they are selling fast, and I really don't want to order any more stuff.

The hospice coordinator sent me information about another patient who I could visit (help out his caregiver), but their daughter (who is handling things) has not returned my calls yet (one yesterday evening and one this morning).  Hope that works out.

DD's tree surgeon said that they only needed to trim the large tree (not take it down), and he will remove three nuisance large bushes.  Very reasonable price, so DD and my SIL are happy.

Yesterday I realized that my office chair is coming apart (faux leather seat), plus it is creaking a lot.  After doing a bunch of searching, I ordered a new one from Amazon.  Hope it works out.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I do hope you enjoy the TSV. This weather makes it difficult to do home projects but it looks ad if you are doing a great job with the wooden blinds.

Linda--I do hope the chair ordered from Amazon works our well for you. I m happy that your DD found a cost effective manner of tree surgery.

I went through some clothes this morning to organize a new grab and go bag for emergencies. I just remembered I forgot to put in a pair of pjs. It is easy for me to resist clothes buying right now based upon what I am finding. I did order two bras from OneHanesPlace last evening to take advantage of free shipping. I rarely find my size in a store when needed.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I ordered the green camo TSV yesterday @Fressa  This will be my second Lock n Lock purchase and I like the product.  I have to control myself so it doesn't become a habit Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

When you get your new office chair Linda @LindaLatte  I'd be interested in reading what you think about it.  Mine is old and I've thought about replacing it more than once.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean Jean @KonaKat   Every time I get tempted by something at JCP I walk down the hallway and look into my closet.  I have tops (especially) that I bought last year and still haven't worn.