Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 4)

Happy Independence Day everyone!  It is pretty warm/hot and dry here, and they have issued excessive heat warnings for tomorrow.  Pretty normal for this area.  Hope the weather is okay where you are or will be soon.

I was a bit sleepy this morning, so I asked Alexa to play some John Philip Sousa marches.  I think "she" played some of his original recordings.  For many years, part of the Army Band has put on a free concert around the 4th, and it was wonderful.  Always left me in tears (good tears).  But, due to military cuts or refocusing, that unit is no longer performing.  That makes me a little sad.  But, I know there is plenty of good music on TV and the radio.

DH was not in good shape at all yesterday afternoon.  Of course, that upset me.  I will be visiting him this morning, and hope that he will be much better.  He seems to be forgetting to swallow his food/drinks.  Perhaps it was just a one-day thing, but.....  His new wheelchair came, and seems nice. 

Hope to get some de-cluttering done this afternoon, and go swimming as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 4)

Hi everybody,

Have a safe day,

http://www.onlinetvupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Happy-Independence-Day-USA-GIF-Pics.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm gad Alexa played some patriotic music for you. I am sorry, however, that DH was not doing well when you visited.

meallen--Thank you for the beautiful graphic!

I haven't done much today except take telephone calls from friends. The heat index is around 110 so I'm just staying inside and being comfortable.

The alarm clock I ordered from Amazon is definitely loud. I needed one that was battery operated and could be used as a back up or for travel. I let it sound for 15 minutes before shutting it off despite it saying it would play up to 30 minutes. Those alarms that start out with a soft beep and gradually increase and then decrease for a minute don't work for me.

I'll be spending the rest of the afteroon finishing a book on my Kindle and then make sure everything is ready for Waste Management tomorrow. I think I'll have my maximum 6 bags for them.

A little humor for the day:

treasonday.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  I'm sorry to read that your husband was experiencing a setback yesterday.  I hope today's visit goes better for the both of you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the lovely GIF @meallen616

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   The photograph of the Queen made me Woman LOL

It's pretty bad temperature wise here.  Since it had been nearly 2 weeks and I was beginning to hear an echo when I spoke anywhere near the open door of the fridge, I decided to go grocery shopping.  Glad that's behind me.