Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 14)

Hi Everyone!

It's in the low 80's but very humid. It looks like rain but not is forecasted. I'm crossing my fingers that it waits until tonight. Today is vet day for our male and he doesn't do well with storms. I just want us to be home and all together so nobody is fretting because of the storm. 

I'm still running in circles with the insurance company and adjuster with our claim. So frustrating but not a surprise. So for a diversion I decided to search for new drapes for the bedroom. I hadn't thought about how old the drapery was in the kitchen or bedroom or even the lower level until we started the "blinds" project. I have a coupon and gift cards for BBB  and Kohls so that's where I started. If anyone purchased drapery from either of those recently I'd appreciate your comments.

We have the huge male turkey in our yard today. He scared the larger buuny from the front garden. The township has been removing trees in the water tower area so I think that's why the turkeys are here. 

It was nicre to see MaryBeth on the Earth program this morning. She always does a nice job of presenting.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 14)

@Fressa  I hope the vet appointment went well and you didn't get any rain.  My dog didn't like storms and he used to like to lay under the bed when he was nervous from the lightening and the thunder.  He didn't like to suffer in silence and I don't know how many times I slept on the floor to keep him company.  Good times Heart  Max was on a braided rug, I was on a hardwood floor - good thing I was lots younger.

My lock and lock TSV or BigDeal (I don't know which one) arrived yesterday and I like it.  

It was a bit humid and warm today.  He was good to see the sun on and off during the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 14)

Good Evening/Morning!  Hope things went okay at the vets, Fressa.  Also hope the insurance business doesn't drag on too much longer.  Interesting about the turkey.  You certainly get some interesting wildlife in your yard.

Hi Bernie.  Sleeping on a hardwood floor would be nearly impossible for me now.  I would probably not sleep a wink.  Not sure that would have happened when I was younger.  I received my TSV as well, and it is nice.  Maybe I will put it into use tomorrow when I go to the grocery store(s)..

My niece in law and I had another fun (and busy day).  The weather was not very cooperative at first, but we managed to avoid the storms -- had to run to the car one time, but didn't get too wet.  We were able to go to multiple parks including two that were historic sites (visitor centers, etc.), as well as visiting a "artsy" town (full of shops with interesting merchandise -- Mexican and or Native American mostly.  Nice drives and walks.  Also had good discussions.  I am so pleased that I had a chance to get to know her better.  She leaves early tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone slept well and has a nice Thursday.  I will probably be able to post a little earlier tomorrow.

Hugs,

Linda