Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY JAN. 9)

Good morning, shopoping friends. I see Susan Graver is on; I am so used to her being a Thursday event that I thought I might have had the wrong day.

Yesterday, it was 65 and sunny. Today, is is 35 and gloomy with the nasty stuff in the forecast ranging from flurries to several inches depending upon part of the state in which one lives.  Any snow is too much if one has to get out and travel the crooked roads. 

All I know is that with this t ype of weather, I am usually in pain from the weather change. Last night with the high winds and dropping temperatures, I didn't sleep much and was up watching the Kipling show at 1am. I think I finally went to sleep around 3am.

With the great weather, I was energetic and accomplishing much with  chores, decluttering, etc. Now, I just want to hibernate. No, I don't want the SG liquid knit top with ruffle cuffs. There must be a reason it is on clearance; ruffle cuffs dipping into food, etc. as you eat.

I invested some money into one of those Facebook Pastbooks that covered 10 years. I selected the photos, etc. that I wanted included. I received it yesterday. Of all my purchases in the past few months, this one is the one most worth the money as it has captured memories from all my trips in the past ten years, special events, etc. It is one of those "grab and take" items if you should have to leave the house suddenly.

I guess I need to focus upon trying to get some things done despite lacking motivation.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY JAN. 9)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you are having gloomy weather with a chance of nasty snow.  I hope your area avoids the heavier amounts of snow, and it warms up soon.  Unfortunately, aches and pains can worsen with the cold/wet weather.  Guess there is no avoiding it unless you move.  Even then, there would probably be days when it is cold and/or wet.  That is the case for me.

Interesting about the SG show.  I was surprised to see her on this morning and thought perhaps I got the days wrong.  Creature of habit.

I dodged the bullet on the TSV jacket yesterday, but it was a pretty close call.  The TSV today might be great, but I don't want to load up on fruit that might go bad before I eat it.  Since I really like Kipling bags, I have been looking at some of those offerings.  So far, no purchases, but.....

My hospice training will be next Monday morning, and the volunteer coordinator has a possible "job" for me next Thursday afternoon (17th).   Hope it works out.

It is cloudy and fairly warm here (50's) -- should make it up to 70 degrees later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I dodged the bullet on yesterday's TSV also. Kipling bags? I have two different styles in two different colors in each style. I really like them and they organize well. I don't, however, need another at this point.

I did an hour of exercise, had lunch and think I will head to read. I'm supposed to work tomorrow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I too, am greatly affected by the weather. I feel for you.

Sometimes all I can do is push through the damp weather and be very productive when I feel good.

Hope you have a comfortable happy day. Be kind and loving to yourself.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's cold outside and we had some flurries earlier in the day.  I've had to add some warm water to the bowl outside a couple of times so that the bird could get a drink.

I purged my holiday card collection.  I tend to get bombarded with complimentary cards from charities that I support and I discovered a box of nice cards that I bought and never used.  I purged a stack of the complimentary cards and will recycle them the next time I hit the recycling center.

I found a black satin type evening bag in one of the closets.  I bought it and used it for my eldest niece's wedding - almost 10 years ago.  I learned today that satin gets a little brittle after awhile, lol, so I pitched the bag.

I don't feel like taking down my Christmas decor yet even though I know I probably should get a start on it.  I'm debating what to eat for lunch and soup is starting to sound good to me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

iMW--You are so correct. I can remember a time when weather didn't affect me that much, but now I usually don't need a weather person to tell me when a change is about to take place. All we can do is grit the teeth and manage it the best we can. Welcome to the thread and come back to post whenever you can.

Bernie--Soup is good in this nippy weather. Since the decorations are making a positive note for you, I see no reason to take them down.  The holiday enforcement poice will not be calling. I don't get that many cards from various sources. I did note that I didn't seem to get my usual one from my car salesperson, but it arrived on Christmas Eve.

I got an email that a gadget for my cell phone had shipped. It had been on advanced orders for so long that I had forgotten about it. I also got the Lisa Rinna crepe cargo pants that I had ordered on clearance. No problems with them, so they are keepers.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Bernie and twinny - yesterday's talk about going to the dentist made me cringe.  I've been in mild discomfort ever since I got my last crown, but just haven't wanted to go back.  And Bernie - you should have given a bigger warning about watching the video about tonsil stones.  Of course I had to go and watch it.  Oh my!!!

I spoke too soon about me being good about shopping the past 2-3 weeks.  I've ordered a couple of H by Halston tops that are on clearance.  I haven't tried that brand yet, so time will tell whether I like it or not.  I saw one of them on Mary Beth Roe, and I think that I am similar in build to her, so I'm hoping!  Then, I pulled the trigger using up my ebucks (refund money) to buy a set of Carolyn pollack Treasures collection.  It comes with a pendant, ring, cuff bracelet and 15 interchangeable inserts.  I don't need all of the pieces that came in this ebay set - but the price was great. (For example: I already own the cuff in size average, but I will get another in the large size)  I need to get up the nerve to sell of some of my unwanted and unneeded pieces of jewelry.  I'll get around to it someday, but for now, I am procrastinating.

Yesterday I ran errands, and then spent the afternoon at my mother's house.  She had a couple of ladies over for lunch (one is visiting from England), and wanted me to join them.  It was a pleasant afternoon, but being the introvert I am, by the time I got home I was feeling really tired.

One of the things I've been good at lately is sticking to a menu plan that I made up for the month of January.  Since we depleted our savings with the purchase of my DH's new/used truck, I want to focus more on being frugal.  So I am fitting in some "cheap" meals here and there.  One of the unexpected bonuses was that I have found several cans of food that are just a tad past their "best-by" dates, but still fine to use, so I am fitting them in.  I would have felt bad if I forgot about them and ended up throwing them away.  Waste not, want not.  Plus - all the more reason for me not to go shopping for "wanties".  

Today I've done a whole assortment of misc. things, including making some hummus (from a soon-to-be expired can of garbanzo beans), and I cut up and froze a ham that I purchased on sale at Christmas.  I figure that that ham will be featured in at least 9 dinners, so it was a good deal.  

I'm sort-of rambling.  Sorry about that.  Hope you're all having a pleasant day!  ~ Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Enjoy your Halston purchases. I have two of the sweaters that were a TSV last year. Those clearance deals can be tempting. You are trying and that is important. I've also taken stock of what I bought in the last three months and am trying to compensate. Hopefully, I won't need all those electronics purchases next year. I've also used "Best when used by..." past the date but I do try to keep track of that. I think the key word is "Best."